Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-chamkilli- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: simim

Sigh... The immaturity of thought and the extreme attachment to stars always makes me wonder .. Why don't we use our brain when we talk... Why do we not learn from what happened in the past?

Most take the excuse of being a teen 
-chamkilli- thumbnail

My travels accross the world particularly Europe are making me wiser

let me go study geography ðŸ˜†
mishaj thumbnail

My travels accross the world particularly Europe are making me wiser

can u specify d country?
or u did a Eutopean tour? sans Uganda? 😆
simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Well no Uganda... Tht depresses me... Only the same old countries ... Let me visit Germany and see.. Maybe it will be more realistic
mpk2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Gud morning gurlz😛

Koi news hain to update de do plz😳
-chamkilli- thumbnail

Originally posted by: mpk2011

Gud morning gurlz😛

Koi news hain to update de do plz😳

Good morning Madhu 
simim thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
When actors take U-turns
Kavita awaasthi, Hindustan Times
Mumbai, June 24, 2013

Email to Author

First Published: 12:01 IST(24/6/2013)
Last Updated: 15:28 IST(24/6/2013)
Sponsored
www.livemint.com - Bajaj launches KTM 390 Duke
share share on facebookshare on linkedinshare on googleshare on emailmore.
0 comments     email print

FIR actor Kavita Kaushik is all smiles at the event.
It is not uncommon for actors to be replaced in TV shows. But there have been many cases where stars leave the show, only to return to play the same role again. Most TV actor who decide to call it quits do it due to sheer boredom of playing the same character for years. While some succeed in

breaking the image they've been typecast in by taking on more exciting projects, many fail and return to the familiar surroundings of their previous show.

Actors return when they realise they aren't able to break the image of their hit show. Audiences, too don't always accept the sudden change and want their favourite actors to continue playing the role they are loved for. Channels often conduct surveys and have research wings to keep a tab on the pulse and mood of their viewers.

To appease the audience, they modify story lines as per need; even replace actors for the greater good of the show, like in case of Farhan Khan in Chhanchhan who was replaced by Anuj Sachdev.

Online forums and social networking media too lend a helping hand in figuring out how well a particular actor works in a certain character.

Kavita Kaushik quit hit show FIR earlier this year, only to return in a few months. Recently Ankita Lokhande returned to her show, Pavitra Rishta after the makers' attempts to bring on board someone who could step into her shoes failed. Many years ago, Smriti Irani had quit Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi after apparently a tiff with Ekta Kapoor.

Though Gautami Gadgil replaced her, dwindling TRPs forced Ekta to mend fences with Smriti and get her back on the show. When Barun Sobti decided to quit Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, the makers had to pull the show off air.

The fact of the matter is that the audience is as influential as the makers of any show. And many a times, it has brought back actors to resume their hit roles on popular TV soaps.

riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Originally posted by: Kranu

Loved ur SS Riti, first time I am reading story on IF ðŸ˜†

It was damn good now I am waiting for Sameer mystery.
Feeling bad for Shekhar he might be loving Meera no ðŸ˜’

Thank you Kranu jee...I got a new reader in you...😃..first time i thought of writin something...not related to show...so even handful readers and more friends in them are really encouraging...well ..even i dont know honestly how this story gonna shape up...lets see... just a fact..-I am more attached with shekhar's character... 😳..will keep u updated with next chapter soon...
riti4u thumbnail
Good Morning everyone..😊
riti4u thumbnail
regarding this article u posted simi jee... audience does have a role these days..but it is upto makers on how efficient they are in handling leavin of popular face of show... if replacement doesnt work much...it wud hav not worked in Balika Vadhu...or SNS..for that matter... I dont knw why ankita came back to PR.. bt i believe that show had nothin left for her...except playin same old...character who cries..all the time...🥱..some actors run the show on their name only...it is difficult to replace them... when they become face of the show. about barun..well already debated a lot...i just wish people stop this rant...of show closing due to his quitting.. Bas!