Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 98)

meera30 IF-Rockerz
meera30
meera30

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 1:22am | IP Logged
Comment updated here

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

AquaSandhya IF-Sizzlerz
AquaSandhya
AquaSandhya

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 1:29am | IP Logged
Twiggy, what I meant by that uncertain twenties rant was that...one is young, has all the time in the world to prove themselves and it is time to take risks...So instead of questioning the dreams for too long...one should reach out. This is my advice to Arnav and Khushi.

vgedin

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AquaSandhya

RES
Will edit in the morning Twigs...need to read againEmbarrassed

As I grow older, I'm convinced more and more that twenties is the most confusing time period of our lives.

As a teenager, the single minded focus for most people is to enjoy life, fit in with friends and get into a good college by studying hard or get into a great college without effort. Though it is not as easy as I make it out to be...this phase seems to be a cake walk when compared the profound CONFUSION and UNCERTAINITY over many issues in twenties.

Am I good enough?

Is everyone gonna approve of my decision?

Can I pull it off?

Am I going to succeed?

Why oh why? How would you know what's gonna happen if you dont give it a try?

As someone who is no more in twenties, I must admit - boy! am I glad that I no longer belong to that age group. 

As time goes by I fail to understand why people crib about crossing that BIG 30. It is a time to rejoice because one becomes more confident about oneself in most aspects of life.

Having finished my rant on age groups here's my take on the chapterLOL

Arnav and Khushi seem very unsure about how to proceed further in their lives...and I happily am attributing it to their age, Correct me if I'm wrong oka Twigs?

While I love the fact that Khushi cares so much for her family and she is considering how her decision could hurt her family, I as a parent would appreciate the guts in my kid. Guts to stand up to what they want. Yes, no parent will welcome life changing decisions with open arms yet they can think too and in the end they will understand that this was inevitable.

Arnav though older than Khushi is as insecure. Why? I would like to know what makes him fear failure.

One thing I loved about this chapter was the modern day young couple - Arnav and Khushi. Physical relationship is natural as an emotional one and an natural extention. I liked the way you wrote it. Now that is out of the way...how come Khushi's parents are cool with it? After all they do belong to the previous generation and they are not the parents who sent their child abroad, hence have resinged to the factor of physicality in a relationship. This is me nudging you to tell us more about that aspect.

Good one TwigsBig smile

Thanks Sandhya Smile

About Garima and Shashi.. we'll get into that soon. 

Arnav is by nature slightly insecure, I have mentioned that in the past. Especially owing to the fact his siblings are super-achievers. He'll find his way, worry not.

There are good and bad things about all ages, Sandhya. 20s - anyone with a give a damn-live in the moment attitude will enjoy it better than one who is more serious.. someone who focuses a lot on the future.

Similarly with 30s - if you like your profession, if you have a healthy personal life.. all is well. Otherwise its hell. 

The idea is to choose to be happy no matter what stage of life it is. Isn't it ? 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

valeyrieAquaSandhya

meera30 IF-Rockerz
meera30
meera30

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 2:07am | IP Logged
Ah I have to say this - I have noticed that people who have it in them to go get that dream, will do it no matter what the age...True with age...and experience, a lot of your nervousness goes away but very rarely do you change completely as a person. 

Real life example...I was insanely nervous about my looks as a teen, as a twenty something and now in the beginning of my thirties,.,..i still find myself there sometimes. Yes, it is not as intense and I now know to see the positives but i am still that 15 year old.

Ermmm/...too much info...but what the heck ;)

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

valeyriemoomin4455vgedin

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 2:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by meera30

Res
Edited:

Since when did you start writing intimacy like a pro? :) Now I see why all your readers are thrilled that they aren't just playing Ludo in the farmhouse. The thing is we just want to see that Jaadu Hai Nasha Hai chemistry all time that we don't realize that couples fall into a comfortable pattern after a while but that doesn't mean that the fire isn't there. They just learn how to keep it to themselves without letting the world know. Imagine being witness to a couple who has eye sex all the time. Shudder. No. No. Maybe that's why people always joke about leaving newly married folks alone :P

Ah you know what I am beginning to love about this story " that it is different is a given but that it is about growing up (if you can call it that) or no wait...let me call it come of age " together. I think this has to be the only story where the love is actually a force that helps them be better people while allowing them to be themselves.

What an Arnav this man is. And no I am not going to say that he is fiction. At least today, I will be the soppy romantic I am and I will say that these people exist. And Khushi is lucky to have found hers just as he is lucky to have found his. They make a pair so wise, so perfectly in sync, one of those couples you think can do no wrong, that it makes you want to steal their hearts and minds, just so you can see what their little secret is.

I am rarely a sucker for only Arnav-Khushi chapters in any story, Twigs but I loved this one. To bits. And not just because of the fiddling, for everything that you have managed to create in just 9 chapters. Some of us take months to do the same and still struggle ;)

Blushing Blushing Blushing

I'm trying to be honest here, Meera. To the story, to the characters.. and to myself. And I hope I am able to achieve that Smile

But thanks so much! For everything ! 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

valeyriemeera30AquaSandhya

AquaSandhya IF-Sizzlerz
AquaSandhya
AquaSandhya

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 2:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vgedin

Originally posted by AquaSandhya

RES
Will edit in the morning Twigs...need to read againEmbarrassed

As I grow older, I'm convinced more and more that twenties is the most confusing time period of our lives.

As a teenager, the single minded focus for most people is to enjoy life, fit in with friends and get into a good college by studying hard or get into a great college without effort. Though it is not as easy as I make it out to be...this phase seems to be a cake walk when compared the profound CONFUSION and UNCERTAINITY over many issues in twenties.

Am I good enough?

Is everyone gonna approve of my decision?

Can I pull it off?

Am I going to succeed?

Why oh why? How would you know what's gonna happen if you dont give it a try?

As someone who is no more in twenties, I must admit - boy! am I glad that I no longer belong to that age group. 

As time goes by I fail to understand why people crib about crossing that BIG 30. It is a time to rejoice because one becomes more confident about oneself in most aspects of life.

Having finished my rant on age groups here's my take on the chapterLOL

Arnav and Khushi seem very unsure about how to proceed further in their lives...and I happily am attributing it to their age, Correct me if I'm wrong oka Twigs?

While I love the fact that Khushi cares so much for her family and she is considering how her decision could hurt her family, I as a parent would appreciate the guts in my kid. Guts to stand up to what they want. Yes, no parent will welcome life changing decisions with open arms yet they can think too and in the end they will understand that this was inevitable.

Arnav though older than Khushi is as insecure. Why? I would like to know what makes him fear failure.

One thing I loved about this chapter was the modern day young couple - Arnav and Khushi. Physical relationship is natural as an emotional one and an natural extention. I liked the way you wrote it. Now that is out of the way...how come Khushi's parents are cool with it? After all they do belong to the previous generation and they are not the parents who sent their child abroad, hence have resinged to the factor of physicality in a relationship. This is me nudging you to tell us more about that aspect.

Good one TwigsBig smile

Thanks Sandhya Smile

About Garima and Shashi.. we'll get into that soon. 

Arnav is by nature slightly insecure, I have mentioned that in the past. Especially owing to the fact his siblings are super-achievers. He'll find his way, worry not.

There are good and bad things about all ages, Sandhya. 20s - anyone with a give a damn-live in the moment attitude will enjoy it better than one who is more serious.. someone who focuses a lot on the future.

Similarly with 30s - if you like your profession, if you have a healthy personal life.. all is well. Otherwise its hell. 

The idea is to choose to be happy no matter what stage of life it is. Isn't it ? 

Of course there's good and bad about every age group. 

The if's and but's are there at every age Twiggy. What i was trying to say was that one is more confident in handling those ifs and buts. With confidence comes a more positive attitude. Less relativity.

As for Happiness - it is the pursuit for life (age group has no say in this as you say). and it is journey rather than the destination. 

I for one am waiting to see your Arnav and Khushi cross those hurdles that life hurls at all humans to emerge stronger.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedinmeera30

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 2:28am | IP Logged
Originally posted by gifttag

You just wowed me with this chapter.
They did't just play cards in the farm house more like strip poker.
(we managed to twist your arm in writing this ahem ahem)
Awesome update..loved it because of its simplicity.. the whole thing was written so naturally that I will read this chapter again tomorrow.
They are made for each other .. real soul mate.. they went to farm house in the middle of the week for each other.. as a stress buster 'wink wink'.. no jokes apart it came across the love and the understanding and will to take or share the problem as a true partners and they managed as well to get the issues out in the open and then talk it through and find a solution.
The chapter was so beautiful that I have not done justice to it in my comment as I want to say much more but have such jumbled up thoughts that I am not at all happy as i feel that I am unable to express the true amount of appreciation that I am feeling at this moment.

Thank you for the PM.

Thanks so much!  Glad you are liking the story. Your comments are so insightful.. they tell me what I am doing right, where I;m going wrong, what you expect from the story... it really helps me improve as a writer Smile

gifttag

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 04 September 2013 at 2:33am | IP Logged
Originally posted by moomin4455

This update was just so amazing Twiggy! The way both Khushi and Arnav are there for each other is so utterly sweet...
But I also feel tense and I say kudos to your writing that you conveyed that feeling of standing on the edge of a precipice so well. Both are at a crossroads where they can play it safe or go for it. Though I wish Arnav would talk more about his problems because he was obviously bothered by this case. Maybe if he talked more Khushi would help and comfort him more, for all the people who feel he brings more to the relationship...

Why does he feel ill at ease in his heart??? He's not going to do something stupid like break up with Khushi because Anjali's words are finally getting to him??

Glad you enjoyed the update Smile

Arnav is dealing with a lot of things along with his insecurities. I want to be true to their characters, thats not to say it will be stagnant. They will grow as the story progresses, and I am hoping it will address many of the concerns along the way.

Thank you SO much for your lovely comment. And for always being with this story Big smile

shree10

Go to top