Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 88)

IronButterfly IF-Dazzler
IronButterfly
IronButterfly

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 8:47am | IP Logged
It's commendable how Khushi handled the conversation.
It was a topic close to her heart and she is emotional about it but she took a very mature approach.

So glad that Akash finally said it.
Payal's reaction was so cute.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

Aanchal15 IF-Dazzler
Aanchal15
Aanchal15

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Firstly thank you for the PM, Twiggy!!

Ah! Shekhar prodded Khushi about her career choices and, have to laud her for meandering her way so efficiently to make her point heard...about the government taking necessary measures, I fervently wish to see it being acted upon...

And the reference to Ek Baar Phir...had me sporting a huge grin, on my countenance... Await next, with much eagerness...

vgedin

namita11 Goldie
namita11
namita11

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 10:02am | IP Logged
This was nice. Liked khushi's point of view. One thing we almost always face in life career vs dream.
And me too sad about iss pyaar second season for commercial purpose. They will completely spoil it

vgedin

crazy-ash Goldie
crazy-ash
crazy-ash

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 11:13am | IP Logged
Wow! U r back!! Yippee! I had started to wonder when we will get another update!

And the update was really good! Dont be disappointed! And i am amazed to see your knowledge on the electricity and services topic! Did u research? Or u r just highly aware!??

Loved the funny convo b/w payal and akash! 'ek baar piir!' lol!
U really did a good job taking out your frustration thru akash and u did justice to our POV regarding this matter as well! Gr8!

But i really wanted to see more of arnav and khushi! I kinda missed them in this story!

vgedin

-doe-eyes- Goldie
-doe-eyes-
-doe-eyes-

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 11:30am | IP Logged

Chapter 6

Arnav. I absolutely love how mature he is, and yet how he gives in to human compulsions as well. The rational side of him understands Shashi's motives in what he's making Khushi do, but love after all is irrational and a part of him resents the fact that Khushi's zest for life is a little chipped because of these decisions. The conflict in thinking is, as always, brilliantly realistic and relatable.

Must say, I was surprised reading Anjali and Arnav's conversation, and it really made me think. I love her characterisation too - sweet and understanding, but with a mother-hen tendency that hints at how tough she can get. And honestly, her opinions really did make me reflect on Arnav and Khushi's relationship and at how completely committed Arnav is to Khushi and her happiness...but then, Khushi is there for Arnav in her own way, curbing his doubts and insecurities, supporting him, trusting him, shielding him. Anjali's idea of Khushi as someone not ready to sacrifice her own independent happiness is rather interesting, because last chapter was all about how she pushed her happiness to the backseat for her family and Arnav's sakes. And it takes some prodding for her to open up to Arnav too, and it's their honesty that I love about their relationship and how they fall into their own little world when together. But then again, her stand is understandable - she's a mother figure for Arnav and like all mother-figures, nothing is ever too good for her Chote and she probably worries coz she doesn't get to see the way Khushi holds Arnav up, in their own private niche of life. I like how you balanced her opinions here - she adores Khushi and yet at the same time wonders if shes good enough for her brother, which the way you wrote it comes out as a perfectly legitimate concern. And because it comes out legitimate from her point of view, its hard to not like her for thinking this way.

Ahh, the father-daughter convo. Was waiting for this one. It's so insightful how you've outlined both Shashi and Khushi's personalities through the crossword puzzles - brilliant stuff :) Their situation reminds me of the saying 'Caught between a rock and a hard place' - they both have their reasons for their stands, both refuse to budge from it, but they are aware of what its costing the other side and standing still in their posts just becomes harder. The conflict, somehow, seems to be reaching a pitch here - Khushi's inability to work on her manuscript, and the slight resentment she tries not to bear but ends up bearing since she views her father as hellbent on keeping her from her dreams. And then there's her father, who's having to bear that resentment wishing he could give her what she wanted, but knowing what he's doing is for her own good. I wonder if Khushi understands that? I hope she does.

That little cross-word scene was perfect to lighten up the tension - and as always love how you find and incorporate the perfect words into these stories. 'Impasse' hits the nail straight on the head :) 

Edited by -doe-eyes- - 26 August 2013 at 11:38am

vgedin

-doe-eyes- Goldie
-doe-eyes-
-doe-eyes-

Posted: 26 August 2013 at 11:31am | IP Logged
Chapter 7 -

Oh how I laughed. How I laughed and laughed and laughed and probably my dorm-mates think I'm crazy but who cares? The scene between Payal and Akash - it's gold, I swear. They are so dysfunctional and yet I guess that's what makes them so perfect. Payal really is a paradox - all tough and dangerous and at the same time she has a sweet-tooth that seems to rival Khushi's, which is ironic still as she completely forgets her cheesecake upon seeing Akash after a week. That's just - adorable, but I don't want to imagine her scary face if she hears that - if it scares two grown-up men it'll probably terrify me :P 

Akash - I feel sorry for this guy (and yet laugh my heart out whenever he digs a hole and then jumps in himself). He's almost always at the losing end be it because of Arnav or his girlf...I mean Payal :P ;) It's ironic, funnily so, that Payal stops herself short of thinking of him as her boyfriend, and yet goes up in flames at Akash's (rather pathetic but peculiarly sweet) attempt at trying to formalise their relationship. Of liking to meet. Gah, this scene, it's just too adorable and funny for words :p I am so looking forward to the next day *grin*

And then there's the foil, Arnav and Khushi. Reading about them just infused this sense of peace into the whole scene, it was heavenly. They are so - in sync with each other. I mean they read each other without words, understand what the other wants without it being said, it's just perfect - I bet even Anjali would agree if she gets to see them like this :P I loved this part in particular - 'Never ones to indulge much in open displays of affection, they walked side by side but did not hold hands, both comfortable and secure in the knowledge of being with their beloved.' That just sums it up so beautifully. They disappear into a world of their own when together and that's all they need and that's just so...*siiigh*

Khushi really is admirable, the way she's putting her heart and soul into something she doesn't really want to be doing - it makes her an awesome person in my book :) 

Edited by -doe-eyes- - 26 August 2013 at 11:57am

vgedin

-doe-eyes- Goldie
-doe-eyes-
-doe-eyes-

Chapter 8A

I have not mentioned this yet (and I'm such a douche for this) but I absolutely love how informative this FF is. We get to learn something in every single chapter, and that effort is admirable and commendable. Previous chapters I actually did learn a lot about the type of work Khushi's doing, and now it's Arnav's turn - and honestly I can understand why he reacted so strongly. It's a sad, daunting thought but these things do happen, especially in our part of the world, and you giving it exposure here in this story as something totally relevant in real life - and especially the way you wove it seamlessly into the chapter - deserves applauseClapClapClap 

And now we get to see Khushi supporting Arnav, trying to help him, support him, encourage him - I love it. I love their understanding. I have said this a lot, I will probably keep saying it in the future, but their relationship is so beautiful in that way - when one's down the other immediately reaches out to pull them back up. Khushi's estimation of Arnav's character just makes my heart melt for him - his generosity, his great heart, and the insecurities that make him go out on a limb to make up for his supposed 'shortcomings'. To me, they are just perfect for each other. Even their personalities seem to complement one another. It keeps me wondering whether Anjali will get to see this for herself, the kind of support Khushi lends him.

Aww, Akash is sick? Poor guy - though I wonder if he's relieved - at least he won't have to meet Payal's ultimatum this way :P And I bet he's loving the attention he's getting from Payal as a result -isn't everyday that someone like Payal would take a day off work to nurse someone back to health, much less spend a whole weekend by their side. As Khushi said - it's looorve :P 

You also have this knack for creating these really light moments after emotionally heavy scenes - the rain, pigeons and parking, and then he calls Khushi crazy :P But I guess all these little idiosyncrasies are what makes these characters so completely unique :) 

The way you set the scene at Vignesh's house was so vivid, I felt I was right there. Arnav's relief at finding the people so friendly and being able to relax around them is touching - the way he worries about Khushi despite her repeated insistence that she'll be fine is so sweet :) I love how these two are always there for each other, even when it's something they are not comfortable with - Khushi accompanying him to his firm's events, and he accompanying her here. It's so seamless and subtle, the way their mutual care and affection for each other comes out, contradicting some of the doubts Anjali had couple of chapters ago without saying she was wrong or something. I hope we get to see more of her line of thought on this in future! 

I hope and pray your friend gets well soon 

Edited by -doe-eyes- - 26 August 2013 at 12:58pm

vgedin

-doe-eyes- Goldie
-doe-eyes-
-doe-eyes-

Chapter 8B

Twiggy! I swear I love you!! *don't freak out* I'm going to talk about the last part first here because it was plain genius. Comedic genius. I looorve your sense of humour!! This had me clutching my stomach all but crying with laughter in minutes! I absolutely LOVE the way you've made this ridiculous attempt to make money off IPKKND's fame appear just as pathetic as it actually is. I might have been laughing at Payal's teasing and Akash's responses (he's too cute, this one, he's just asking to be teased :P ), but I was completely in agreement with everything Akash was saying. (I kind of went around going Hai Devi Maiyya at some point too :p And lets not forget the jalebis! This dude has turned into the voice of all us enraged, love-sick fangirls out here :p) 

JP's sixteenth child? LOL! And HP forcefeeding Akash kadha - honestly it's as endearing as it is funny to watch him act the complete child here. And aha! I knew he was enjoying Payal's attention :P Even though his shock upon seeing her was so great he was speechless. It just goes to show, no matter how much they skirt around the subject, it doesn't change the fact that they do indeed love each other. 

And he said it! Yay! He manned up and said it! I loved it all - the seamless, effortless way the conversation headed toward the confession, the way he said it, the words the two of them used and above all, Payal's reaction! It really is something else to see her rendered speechless, even though that's what she'd been trying to get it out of him all this time! I'd love to see how she returns his sentiments *rubs hands in anticipation*

And now to the serious half of the chapter. What can I say? It was intense. This Shekhar guy - unfortunately the world is full of people like him, people who, as you aptly said, feel the world owes them something. I'm so proud of how Khushi handled that situation - she stood up for herself, but also for the decision she had taken at her father's behest. The debate brought up so many lines of thought, so many perfectly valid arguments, it was like watching it unfold right in front of me, I got so drawn into it. I bet Shekhar's insensitive probing of Khushi's choice in career must have stung a lot more than she had a chance to show - she's having enough trouble coping with the situation without someone else questioning it. I like how she didn't think twice before putting her foot down, her absolute refusal to let her family and personal matter get dragged into it. Her attitude to the whole thing is also admirable - so many of us give up before we actually try because we automatically assume it won't make a difference. It's inspirational, Khushi's way of thinking - though her contribution may be small, it is something and over time might grow to become much more effectual. That she approached the matter like this even though this isn't where her interests lie makes me admire her even more. Loved it all, Twiggy :) 

Edited by -doe-eyes- - 26 August 2013 at 12:49pm

vgedin

Go to top