Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 8)

sj_arhi Senior Member
sj_arhi
sj_arhi

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
sj
EDIT
Wonderful update Twiggy. Shashi and Garima's concerns are fully justified. They have faced hardships in the past and as parents would not want to see their daughter in a similar situation. One would wonder the reason for Shashi's strong resolve, and there you answered it by stating that even in moments of need Khushi would never ask for help, with an illustration of scholarship to support her studies complementing it. She is my baby, she won't let me protect her but I can make sure she is well equipped to protect herself. And I will ensure that happens. And with those words I love Shashi already. 

Garima is a mother who wants to see her daughter happy and here you wonderfully portrayed her dilemma between letting her daughter choose her interests and protecting her. She considered the idea of allowing Khushi when she witnessed her reaction but her husband's words brought her own concerns back and she chose to support Shashi. 

Payal, a sister who would do everything to bring joy in her baby sister's life. I have faced her situation a number of times; Although I want to agree with my sister, I cannot, simply because it is not the best for her. The eyes of hope at a form of support and later disappointment that she throws my way is enough to sour my mood for the rest of my day, till all is well. I loved the way you wrote that part Twiggy.

Even her dear puzzles were mocking her today.

10 letter word for 'Renunciation of your own interests in favour of the interests of others' Abnegation.

So true!! When you are at an all time low, it looks like the whole world is conspiring against you.   

Edited by sj_arhi - 27 June 2013 at 12:54am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sslmay11vgedinEccentrica_disha_lazyleaves

reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:55pm | IP Logged

I find it oddly amusing that while one daughter is an engineer, the other one is a doctor. Good Hindustani bacche LOL 

This was a wonderful chapter, Twiggy. Garima and Shashi's concerns are justified ... and it feels like Deja Vu... and Payal is well, she's like me you know. More focused on that cake than on the delivery boy. But then, its cheese cake. LOL Speaking of which, BBSR doesn't know what a cheese cake is. I feel like banging my head on a wall.

Shashi and Khushi make me go warm and fuzzy. I think I'll go give my papa a hug

Yet again, a lovely chapter Twiggs. Thanks for the quick updates

Edited by V323 - 27 June 2013 at 1:20am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedinmoomin4455Eccentrica_disha_lazyleaves

EXPELLIARMUS IF-Rockerz
EXPELLIARMUS
EXPELLIARMUS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
First off, I love Payal's profession! LOL

With this update, there is  now a better picture in my head about the characters and their lives.

We have Shashi and Garima, who have seen what it is like to be poor, and wish to avoid that for their daughter at all costs.
Can't fault them there, can we?

And then there's Payal, who can't help but agree with her parents. And she's seeing Akash , jodi dun!

Finally, there's Khushi, who is coming to terms with leaving her dream unfulfilled.
My heart goes out to her...

I'm waiting for the next update to get a clearer picture of Arnav!

P.S: OMG , are you doing daily updates?

Edited by EXPELLIARMUS - 27 June 2013 at 12:13am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sj_arhi--BumbleBee--preethi.saseedavgedinsmanmeera301chillyEccentricalazyleaves

Eccentrica IF-Sizzlerz
Eccentrica
Eccentrica

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 11:56pm | IP Logged
You portrayed father-daughter relationship so perfectly. Khushi not having her dinner over the affray and the same resulting in Shashi not being able to complete his dinner. The part that stood out would be the one wherein he was okay with being at the receiving end of his daughter's anger for some time...Thumbs Up

Khushi's personality is another point that makes itself shown in glimpses in every update. She has that stubborn streak but it doesn't make her blind towards everything else. Her parents' concern is well found since they have went through hard times and I have a feeling that despite her adamancy, she understands their thought process otherwise she wouldn't have given up on JNU.

The Akash-Payal part was just so cuteDay Dreaming

Nothing like happenings around us even if they may be something as trivial as a crossword puzzle to remind us of our personal grief... very well put!

Edited by Eccentrica - 27 June 2013 at 12:33am

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

sj_arhisochanathamdeshpandepreethi.saseedavgedinEXPELLIARMUSmeera30_disha_1chillylazyleaves

LeenaRocks IF-Dazzler
LeenaRocks
LeenaRocks

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:09am | IP Logged
res

Ah!! A mind stirring update! So true and quite the case of our lives!
I know 3 - Idiots happened and that everyone could connect to ... but how pragmatic can that all be? esp here in India... given the political conditions... 
I so understand where Shashi comes from ... its quite palpable ... and if what is said about Khushi and her obstinate self is true ... then offcourse a father will have to put his foot down to have his way ... 

Hmm Payal - Aakash ... that was quite daring i should say! so they meet like this every night? with parents around in the same house? man! that needs some daring :)

Aww! Khushi! ... baby i just hope she understands her father .. or lest ...be less stubborn...

Good one overall! :) Thanks for the update and the PM hun!

Edited by LeenaRocks - 27 June 2013 at 2:27am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

preethi.saseedavgedinEccentricalazyleaves

Rasgulla_sp IF-Stunnerz
Rasgulla_sp
Rasgulla_sp

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:11am | IP Logged
r

Edited:

My net is down.

So this short comment before it dies again completely.

Now Shashi's perspective is right too. The kind of person Khushi is, she will starve but not ask. No father would want his child to starve. But at the same time I want Khushi to get what she wants but looks she has decided to decline the offer.

I loved the PayAsh bits. They have spunk! Doesnt Payal stay with her parents?

Now bye Unhappy

Update soon Smile

Edited by Rasgulla_sp - 27 June 2013 at 12:15am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

preethi.saseedavgedin1chillylazyleaves

1chilly IF-Sizzlerz
1chilly
1chilly

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:20am | IP Logged
I love the Aakash Payal couple. Loved their banter.
But I didn't get one thing here. Payal was at dinner with her family, but she lives alone? 
And what does Arnav do? 
Shashi is absolutely right. Any parent would do what he has done.
He wants his daughter to be financially independant and her writing will not make her so.
Love this story. Like Krani, I too ask myself, why didn't she write earlier? 

Edited by 1chilly - 27 June 2013 at 12:37am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

meera30 IF-Rockerz
meera30
meera30

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:29am | IP Logged
Oh I loved this sneak peek into more of their lives. Shashi and Garima are good people and it is their struggle i think that allows their children to dream beyond the need to earn bread. At least, that is what I have finally understood about my life and my fights with my parents :) 

Dreams are tough to give up but I know that many times there is a way to bridge dreams and reality.Maybe she will have that chance.

Even if not now, a few years down the line. Contrary to what we think, dreams don't come with expiry dates, they just morph into other dreams as time catches up and so does our ability to pursue them. Or so I would like to believe.

Four letter word to describe a feeling of optimism that makes life live-able

Hope

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

Amita2014sochanathamoomin4455vgedinEXPELLIARMUSKishmish1chillyEccentrica

Go to top