Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 54)

IPK007 IF-Rockerz
IPK007
IPK007

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 12:00am | IP Logged
The first part of the update was sparkling with the warmth and the closeness of a close knit family. Loved the line that this day was probably more about her. So true, mothers are always like that. Though Shashi sees right through her cheerful mask, he seems to be a staunch believer of the  old adage...'Sometimes, one has to be cruel to be kind'.

Books make the best gifts...nothing feels more nostalgic than opening an old book with yellowed pages and seeing a handwritten message of a dear friend on the first page. And nothing quite matches up to the smell of old books:) Arnav is so thoughtful and so attuned to Khushi's feelings.

It is difficult to let go of our passion and make do with dull mundanity but this world is full of people who are forced by circumstances to do just that.

Use of crossword words to highlight the essence of each chapter is a brilliantly 'novel' idea..love it!

Next Chapter..

Arnav's musings on this Shashi- Khushi impasse were so mature..so balanced. He is really a gem of a person. A divorce attorney, who is well balanced in his views...almost sounds like an oxymoron! 

Anjali...indulging in some major judging here. 

"Khushi  was one who would never forfeit her independent happiness for anyone. "

Not true. Isn't she doing just that for her dad?

Edited by IPK007 - 11 July 2013 at 10:41am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedinshree10

EXPELLIARMUS IF-Rockerz
EXPELLIARMUS
EXPELLIARMUS

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 12:12am | IP Logged
Anjali's thoughts about Khushi are troubling, but understandable.
We have the benefit of being privy to Khushi's innermost thoughts, but Anjali isn't, and she is looking out for her brother in the best way she could.

And she's married and living separately, I love her already!

The father-daughter conversation was nicely written, and it gave us an insight into Shashi's mind.
I loved the conflict, the anguish, and the guilt, all penned very well!

And in the end, we have an impasse.
Is there any light at the end of the tunnel at all?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedinshree10

moomin4455 IF-Dazzler
moomin4455
moomin4455

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 12:27am | IP Logged
Anjali needs to mind her own business - what annoying condescending assertion to make about Khushi and even about Arnav? Does she think her brother is such a dimwit that he would let anyone treat him like crap? Urggh! To say it repeatedly when the family has known her since she was 10??? Anjali please get a life!

Rant over.

Khushi...is trying...but she must realise that there is a way to have it all: it doesn't have to be one or the other...

Perhaps that is what Arnav, who knows her so well, can see that her writing lacks a dimension to it...because she lacks perspective. Maybe her fierce will and independence makes her a little - ever so little LOL - myopic in some ways?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

shree10 IF-Rockerz
shree10
shree10

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Caught this at lunch time.  Like some other readers even I am a bit surprised about what Anjali thinks about Khushi.

Either Anjali doesn't know truth of Arshi relationship or we as readers are yet to know more to this! What can I say?? And if she thinks like this about Khushi then I wonder what she would think about Payal and Akash? Where I feel somehow that Payal IS the dominating one!

Loved Father-Daughter convo. I had this thought. Almost everybody has dreams. How realistic they are is another matter! So far we know that Khushi has a dream but does she really have a talent to make it as a career? I wonder who will be the right person to judge this??

I think Western world is more flexible about allowing choices and exploring options about what you want to do. But then they are also lot more independent and individualistic! In India we are kind of forced to decide our future at 15-16 itself and result could be many Khushis and Arnavs out there who could not find or pursue their true calling!

The article about Marion bartolli were blood-boiling!  I am truely disgusted by the shallowness all around. I used to have similar reactions about Fair n Lovely ads.

Edited by shree10 - 11 July 2013 at 3:30am

vgedin

pup03 IF-Sizzlerz
pup03
pup03

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 4:32am | IP Logged
Awesome update !!! Loved the convo between father-daughter.. But Anjali confused me why does she feels that khushi don't take Arnav seriously.. Hope she must have her reasons but hope there is nothing like that ARSHI are serious about each other and there nothing like Anjali feels. Loved the update Big smile

thanks for pm Smile

vgedin

lazyleaves IF-Stunnerz
lazyleaves
lazyleaves

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 5:16am | IP Logged
Edited my comments on page 29. I am extremely sorry for the delay.

Also, I will read and comment on chapter 5 and 6 either tonight or tomorrow morning. Till then please don't update 7 please :P

vgedin

aquagal IF-Rockerz
aquagal
aquagal

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 6:22am | IP Logged
I thought Arnav & Khushi are on the same page as in love. They both love each other. Is their some incident we are not yet aware of or is it protectiveness of an elder sibling coming in front?
Elder siblings are like that, too caring, looking out for the younger lots if they can be in some problem or heart-breaking situation.
Khushi is frustrated for obvious reason - she is not able to pursue her dream and her work was not appreciated by Arnav completely. She needs a go ahead from him. Wish Anjali knew it!! Wink
Shashi is trying to convey to her that he is doing everything for her, keeping her future in mind.
Khushi wordlessly understood it like he silently understood that she is just keeping the facade of being happy.

vgedin

-Cheeni- IF-Sizzlerz
-Cheeni-
-Cheeni-

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 9:49am | IP Logged
i never thought khushi never worth arnav and his love. 
She always love him as much he loves her. 
why anjali thought like this or say she is judging her on what khushi as a person. 
i don't get this anjali...she acted as Bari Ama of home who once had opinion about certain thing or person, she never let down that opinion and nothing can change it

Arnav-Khushi-Shashi...both are caring and want happiness for khushi but in their own ways.
arnan knows what's his love khushi dreams but he can't go against her father
and shashi knows what best for her daughter that's why he went against her daughter dreams

like way you flow that story with simplicity and a life of simple person and family like you and me 

vgedin

Go to top