Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 46)

rulama IF-Sizzlerz
rulama
rulama

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 1:21am | IP Logged
Garima! What do I say!? A typical mother who unleashes her emotions on her family. Payal self-engrossed. Shashi quite perceptive but its Arnav who is really into what Khusi thinks. He is able to understand what she is undergoing and thinking!
Nice set up. Where is Arnav working and staying? He was away for sometime and now back? Would love to have a clear pic of it. Inteesting update.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

siamesecat IF-Dazzler
siamesecat
siamesecat

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 2:14am | IP Logged
Nice story

vgedin

applesauce. IF-Sizzlerz
applesauce.
applesauce.

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 2:23am | IP Logged

Nice UPDATES.

Garima's excitement for Khushi first day was nice,but she failed to see her daughter's lack of interest  which shashi and Arnav both saw.

I am happy to see Arnav cheering her up with the gift and for understanding her completely.

vgedin

-doe-eyes- Goldie
-doe-eyes-
-doe-eyes-

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 2:53am | IP Logged
Chapter 4 -

You know, I've been getting this...feeling, as I've read this story which has kind of evolved into a suspicion now - Have you been spying on me?? Because gah - all these situations, all these people, I relate to them so well and every other second I go - 'yeah that happened to me too!' That is how magnificently real this story is and that right there is its charm. 

And of course, the psychology. It's flawless. I know someone, am very close to someone, who's exactly like Payal - sharp-tongued, blunt, someone who does not watch their mouth around people they are close to. And it completely gives the little confrontation from the previous chapter a whole new dimension - Payal took the liberty to lash at Arnav like that because she considers him one of her own. It's her own way of familiarity and that just adds another nuance to the web of relationships spun throughout this story, and so beautifully.

And I really mean that. I like how you're taking the time to outline each relationship, whether through dialogues or through actions or thoughts. I forgot to mention in the previous chapter - I love how Arnav is so casual and familiar with the Guptas, to the point that it seemed more that he belonged to their family than his own. He walks into the kitchen, gets his own water, little actions in themselves but telling enough. The fact that he's a part of them is so obvious in how uncomfortable Payal feels trying to be formal with him.

The scene between Garima and Payal is another of my official favourites. A mother through and through, fretting herself to the end of her tether over Khushi and what she's feeling, how she's coping and spinning circles in worry round those thoughts. And yet at the same time, I love how she rebuked Payal when Payal called Arnav obnoxious - I see her so clearly, a loving, affectionate mother, who still knows how and when to pull the reins to keep her kids from straying. A lot like my own mother, and that just makes me love her more. Sigh.

And the highlight of this chapter, for me - Payal and Arnav. I can so visualise and imagine someone like Payal struggling to apologise - it has to be hard for someone so used to being right. But the fact that she's making a 'spectacle' of herself like this, pushing on and making clear that she really doesn't have a low opinion of him, is a sure sign that she really means it and didn't want to demean Arnav, and I respect her for that. Honestly I'm still in awe how perfectly you've crafted her - sarcastic and cynical and brutally realistic but with a heart in the right place. Her stammering over the apology was adorable as it was funny, and very telling about her character. *thumbs up*

And Arnav's response - lol. I could expect nothing less from this guy. But he completely put her at ease at the same time, and that, methinks, was his intention from the very beginning.

Wonderful chapter again, Twiggy! I'm going to try catching up again soon! I really wanna know what's inside that paper bag :D 

Edited by -doe-eyes- - 08 July 2013 at 2:55am

vgedin

-Shobhu21- IF-Dazzler
-Shobhu21-
-Shobhu21-

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 5:57am | IP Logged
Twiggo !

Just read through the full of your FF, so Im really sorry for not being able to comment here earlier !

And to your FF *kudos* to all those people who've finally made you write ! Cause believe, they've brought out a totally new story out from you ! And kudos to you too, for writing the way you do !

Oh, so let me start..

Garima ! She's the quintessential mother isn't she ? Doting on her daughter to the fullest, kidding her, indulging her and giving her almost everything she wants and the things right for her ! So for once, I really do not have any problem with Garima ! She's adorable ! Especially her playfulness with both Payal and Khushi is so refreshing !

Shashi ! well well, he's a dad after all ! And just the right one so... Yaa, I agree on his theory of him wanting a secure future for Khushi and all of that, but somewhere as a child myself, Id probably disagree too... Maybe he should let Khushi do what she loves..

And then Khushi ! Ah.. I love her, I always do for whatever reason you may find.. She's just.. so unique and different in each and every way ! And Arnav ! I lurrvvv him ! Seriously, not cause he's ASR or Arnav or the other million reasons to love him cause of his looks, but just cause the kind of person he's at heart.. (atleast so far ) And the way just one gesture of his brings this big brilliant Khushi wala smile on Khushi's face, I love him !

Im loving the story Twiggo !
So thanks for writing, and sharing most importantly ! And sorry once again yaara, for arriving so late !

vgedin

.caprice. Newbie
.caprice.
.caprice.

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 6:16am | IP Logged
Oh dear, what a lovely chapter! Floyd and The Razor's Edge, pardon me for saying, took the cake in this update! Lovely, absolutely lovely!

Oh, Garima's motherly concern shone out so well in the chapter. I could feel the warm aroma of hot aaloo-paratha's waft up my nose as I read the update. Khushi's mellowness is understandable, of course. Have we all not, atleast once, gone through the debate of to be or not to be?

his family is so secure, so warm and so happy, that I now begin to feel anxious for their well being -- Is there a storm approaching?

Thank you for the message. :-)

-Sangfroid

Edited by .caprice. - 09 July 2013 at 3:30am

vgedin

kondhili IF-Sizzlerz
kondhili
kondhili

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 8:37am | IP Logged
Would it be alright if i tell you that this is one of the most honest, sincere, genuine and true to life Arnav that i have ever come across. 
A very simple loving man whom i am sure that you might just come across in Asli Duniya also. Big smile

So guilty conscious makes a trip to khushi's parents house and they want an update from khushi to satisfy themselves from the guilt of forcing to get their daughter to do something which she clearly was not interested in doing. 

Loved the entire scene Garima's restlessness and the guilt in Shashi's eyes which is consuming him slowly. 

Arnav clearly stole the show for me with his simplicity and words once again. 

P.S: Clearly i am loosing my stalking skills or maybe life is getting a bit too hectic. Ouch I discover this update so late. Sending you a buddy request, accept kar lena and do PM when you update. 

Edited by kondhili - 08 July 2013 at 9:03am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin_disha_

shree10 IF-Rockerz
shree10
shree10

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 8:41am | IP Logged
Sorry twiggy, I am running late everywhere!

About Garima's restlessness.. So it was more like Garima's first day than Khushi's! Is she also overworked because of the guilt that Khushi is kinda forced to do this?
I love this Arnav. How sincere, considerate he is for his lady love! He is just too adorable!
I loved his accusing glance towards Shashi.

While as a parent I kind of support Shashi, I  felt a bit bad for Khushi after reading this update. She is not happy, her heart is clearly into it! How long the force will work??

---Edit ---

And I am glad that crossword is back. I missed it!

Edited by shree10 - 08 July 2013 at 8:42am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin_disha_

Go to top