Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 45)

Anony_mous Goldie
Anony_mous
Anony_mous

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 2:27pm | IP Logged

This update was pure magic! I was so lost reading it that when it ended, I did scroll up and down a few times to make sure that it had indeed ended :(

I LOVE the Arnav in your story. Garima as I said last time has impressed me like none . And today I found Shashi to be a great dad as well. I know what their reason must have been to push Khushi to take up this job. A secure future for their baby. And I can ACTUALLY RELATE to it. Been there. Parents I tell you. But they always mean well!

Arnavs accusatory glance, his inability to smile at Khushi finding a guy interesting, his gesture of getting her the gift she adored and his casual statement that she will be earning more than him in no time...all were brilliantly thought and put by you.

This story is on its way to become a master-piece.  Will it go on the lines of Abhimaan (Amitabh-Jaya movie)? I can't wait to read more. 

Please update soon :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

EXPELLIARMUS IF-Rockerz
EXPELLIARMUS
EXPELLIARMUS

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 5:03pm | IP Logged
See, this is what being true soulmates is all about!
You can hide everything from the world, but not from the one you love.
I like how you wrote that scene in her room (although a part of me wonders why he is always there while her parents are too LOL ).
And his gift was truly lovely, something like that would beat diamonds hands down !

I really feel for Khushi here. She's trying, but she really can't force herself to put her heart into something she doesn't love. Makes me think that there's a point where she'll crack... Dekhenge.

As always, the crossword stole the show at the end!

Great going, Twiggy!

vgedin

marleylerner Groupbie
marleylerner
marleylerner

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
A first edition? This Arnav goes to great lengths to cheer up his woman! I can see he was anticipating her dejected state but that was so damn thoughtful. And couldn't have been easy. 
I loved that little moment between Arnav and Shashi. Arnav blames Shashi for Khushi's unhappy state but will not challenge him or question his authority. Even when he was comforting Khushi in the first chapter, he didn't blame Shashi but rather focussed on reassuring Khushi that she would be able to write in life despite losing this chance. Just amazes me how does the right thing by everyone.

Arnav and Khushi are adorable and so in sync- how he gets her talk, knows when she's tuned him out and is familiar enough to be amused by it and yet manages to get jealous just at the mere mention of another guy being interesting. So sure of how to make her happy and of her every move and thought and yet can be insecure about her feeling for him. And crossword puzzles are back! Arnav is really sharp.

I can tell you one thing. The novelty of your story sure is addicting. You've built this very real world in a few chapters that seems so damn familiar and yet your writing is so refreshingly original. You just leave me with a huge smile and a warm feeling in my heart each time. Can't wait for the next dose of warmth!

Thanks so much :) :)

vgedin

AngelTeen IF-Sizzlerz
AngelTeen
AngelTeen

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 11:28pm | IP Logged
Chapter 2

I feel for Khushi, I really do. Everyone in her family, like all families I suppose, has the cardinal problem of knowing the best. And it becomes worse when someone you cant accuse of suffering from 'Generation Gap' doesnt have your back. Damn. But she does have Arnav, so thats good...however I still feel that such things become sores that never quite heal and people who didnt support back then become thorns you never quite get over.

Payal and Akash kiss and eat cheesecake together (latter more important as I would NEVER share my cheesecake with anyone other than someone who I absolutely adored, even more than cheesecake...hmmm, difficult) but still need words? Lol.

Good chapter.

vgedin

anisharoy1 Goldie
anisharoy1
anisharoy1

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 11:58pm | IP Logged
wonderful ff...
just come across it

vgedin

Raila1014 Goldie
Raila1014
Raila1014

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 12:09am | IP Logged
Sorry I old not comment, read it when I got one bar of service on my phone out in the boonies as I took the kids camping in mosquito infested country.  Loved the gift he gave her an their real conversation about her job.  It was nice of him to let Sashi know that he is aware of Kushi giving up her dreams for this job and that he is not pleased.  Scared that things are going too good between them.  What bomb are you planning to drop on us?  

vgedin

Krani IF-Dazzler
Krani
Krani

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 12:19am | IP Logged
I love this story! Just read chapter 2 (I am a snail reader :P ) and I am in conflict. 

I kinda agree with Shashi..because honestly speaking, if I was the parent, I would be doing exactly what Shashi is doing. 
My parents have always allowed me to pursue my dreams and do what i want - but to be honest, seeing how pursuing what I wanted as opposed to pursuing what was needed, has led to some disappointments. Which is why, I think I would do what Shashi is doing. 

And that's probably the reason why Payal and Garima support it as well. 

But, then every person who has made it to the successful position they are now, dared to dream...they dreamt big, and they made it. 

So what's to say that Khushi won't become a successful writer? What's to say that her dreams won't take her to success? 

There is a conflict within me, and I am loving this story for bringing out that conflict. 

The fact that you have managed to make me view things from both Khushi's and Shashi's angle is commendable! Great job Twiggy!

But she did decline the offer...so...I am intrigued to see where you go with this :D 

Sorry for the slow catchup, but I love this story and I assure you that soon I am gonna be bombarding you with comments on this thread :')

~K

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin-HEAVEN-

-HEAVEN- IF-Rockerz
-HEAVEN-
-HEAVEN-

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Khushi reminds me of my dad. He wanted me to b a writer! But its not my dream. Though i think he used to joke coz writing as a career...i dont think my parents ll agree.but if i choose writing as career, i know they ll support me.
Arnav is my dream boy ;) he understands n cares for khushi sooo much!
I luv him :)

vgedin

Go to top