Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 27)

soophie Senior Member
soophie
soophie

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 11:13pm | IP Logged
Hey...just came across this story n read all 3 chapters...loved them
this seems to be a very promosing story
concept..characterization is beautiful..n arnav khushi relationship seems really special
would love to read more
plzzz continue soon

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

Aanchal15 IF-Dazzler
Aanchal15
Aanchal15

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 2:00am | IP Logged
Firstly, thank you NB, for the recommendation...the narrative thus far, is immaculately penned, and worthy of plaudits...I loved the unconventional aspect...yes, am referring to the crossword puzzles( I have a fetish for them)..

I loved Arnav's thoughts, his solicitude and, rendering his support to Khushi when she needs it most.. his rapport with his Nani and Akash are endearing...and, he feels insecure because he is not extraordinary, unlike the people around him( wish, someone told him how wonderful a human being, he is)..and, was a drifting ship without an anchor, until he decided to follow in the footsteps of his mentor, Shashi. 
I did not understand Payal's demeanor towards his profession( though she must have meant no harm)...the perception of every individual is disparate, and, I wish she was not so blunt ...

Poor Khushi had to give up her dreams...I wish Shashi was more accommodating, but, then, most parents reaction would mirror, his.

Waiting to read what ensues, next...

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sj_arhivgedin

pmehra300 IF-Rockerz
pmehra300
pmehra300

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 2:57am | IP Logged
Awesome chapter
Loved it
Read all in one go
Loved the concept
Please do pm me

vgedin

ipkrocks21 Senior Member
ipkrocks21
ipkrocks21

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 3:53am | IP Logged
this is one hell of an interesting piece of work...very nice!!

vgedin

soppy Senior Member
soppy
soppy

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 4:43am | IP Logged
Really love your story!
Its so different, like a breath of fresh air
Please pm me when you update!

vgedin

faree IF-Dazzler
faree
faree

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 6:58am | IP Logged
awesome 

vgedin

vgedin IF-Dazzler
vgedin
vgedin

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Thank you all for your sweet get well soon messages. I'm doing much better now. And here it is, the update, as promised Smile

Chapter 4 

"Are you done, Payal?"

"Yes Amma! The dough is ready, the potatoes are cooked. You can make her parathas the minute she returns. Now stop worrying! She's not a child and it's her first day anyway, I've heard they only have some kind of induction session the first day."

"That's the whole point! Its her first day of work, it has to go well. It will go well, won't it?" Garima said, biting her nails. Some things never changed.

"Amma you're being ridiculous. She'll be just fine!  Stop biting you nails! Knowing Khushi, it is her colleagues' parents who should be worried, what with their children working with a mad monster. I don't know why you are getting so worked up, Khushi wasn't even nervous when she left this morning."

"She wasn't nervous. Yes. She was sad; she is doing this only for her father. Her program at JNU would also have started today, had we allowed her to take that up. She doesn't complain, but that doesn't mean I don't know it. I'm her mother afterall."

"And I am her sister Amma. I too know she is upset. Just like I know she can handle this, and her office. Moreover, I have prepared the batter for jalebis. Even if she did have some trouble, the jalebis will flush them all out of her system" she said giggling, hoping her mother would lighten up a little. It was Khushi's first day at work and her Amma was behaving like a child before his first day at school.

"That is true, for Khushi the jalebi-s work like a charm. And cheesecakes on you." said Garima looking at Payal, her eyes twinkling with mischief.

"You can stop the teasing Amma, I know you know."

"How do you know I know?"

"Aakash told me."

"When? And how does Aakash know that I know?"

"Yesterday. Arnav told him."

"Arnav! He couldn't keep quiet a little longer! I was having such fun teasing you this whole week.." she pouted. And Payal laughed, she did love to see her mother being like this - joking, laughing, happy.

"Uh Amma, is he coming today ?" Payal asked tentatively.

"Why don't you find out for yourself?" said Garima sternly. "This might have been the longest time he has been without coming over to our place while he is still in town, all thanks to you. Why did you have to be so mean to him that day? Even if it wasn't your intention to hurt him, you could have just apologised properly!"

"I did apologise to him Amma, the very next second and in front of all of you."

"I said properly. A casual Hey I'm sorry dude  is a sad excuse for an apology." Payal chuckled at Garima's attempt to mimic her language, but stopped herself when she saw her mother was still cross with her.

"I honestly don't understand why everybody is making such a huge deal out of this. Or why Arnav is being so obnoxious. I-"

"Payal! Stop right there. You were rude, you demeaned what he does for a living, refuse to apologise and you say HE is being obnoxious? You are rude but you are perceptive too; what you said may have been okay with anyone else, but you know how Arnav is. He is a little sensitive about these matters and you aware of that. If I didn't know you better I would say you had some problem with him and knew just where to poke the sharp stick. You may not have said anything wrong beta, but the way you said it was rude and hurtful, and you know it. If you really think you did no wrong then there is nothing I can do about it, I don't want you to apologise just because I asked you to. But think about it, and take a call. He did say he'd come today before its time for Khushi to return,  I do hope he comes. I'll just go freshen up." saying  that she left for her room leaving Payal to ponder over what she had just said.

Payal was aware she may have touched a raw nerve that day, but at that point she really didn't think it would affect him this much. The both of them had argued many times in the past, but neither of them had ever taken offense or carried it forward. She truly believed him to be a part of her family and thus didn't see any need for formalities. She found it easy to be herself around Arnav, even more than Akash, perhaps because she had known him longer. She was aware she had a sharp tongue and was often accused on being insensitive, but Arnav knew that and hence failed to understand why he was so upset over her remark the other day. She was taken aback at Arnav's reaction to what she had said, it was unlike him to take offense in such a manner. Maybe she had gone too far, she thought. She was very fond of Arnav, just like everyone else in their family and hated to be the reason he had kept away from them the past week. If it took an apology from her to make him feel better, so be it. He wasn't here yet, it was almost time for Khushi's return. She heard the doorbell ring just as she reached for the phone to give him a call.

"I'll take it Amma", she said loudly so her mother could hear it in her room. It was Arnav, he stood there at the door with a small paper bag in his hand. She asked him to come in and smiled awkwardly; she was not used to such formalities with him, she couldn't even get herself to say "welcome home" without it sounding absolutely ridiculous in her own head. He walked in and took off his suit after placing the bag on the coffee table.

"Where are Garima and Shashi?"

"Amma is in her room, freshening up. Papa is just downstairs, his old friend Mr. Sridhar, you know the one who lives on the 5th floor? He is keeping really unwell these days, so he has just gone to see him and check if he needs any help. He'll be back any minute, or I'll call him when I see Khushi's car enter the main gate." 

"Okay" He got up and walked towards the kitchen.

"Do you need something?" she asked, as she walked behind him.

"Just need some water, Payal. I can get it myself."

"I never offered to get it for you in the first place" she retorted before she could stop herself; her impatience was increasing with every passing second. She was not used to this, she always knew what to do! Arnav opened the fridge and took out a bottle of water as if she hadn't said anything.

This wasn't working. She just had to do it. In one stroke, like ripping out a bandaid, she told herself. She saw him walk out of the kitchen with a glass of water in his hand and it was done before she knew it.

"I'm sorry!!" she screeched. A startled Arnav almost dropped the glass.

"What the!" he said placing the glass on a coaster. "Why are you screaming?"

"I, I am sorry. Not for the screaming. Maybe for the screaming too. But that's not why I said it. I mean I am sorry for what I said. The other day. I shouldn't have said it. At least not in that way. Trust me I did not mean to demean anything you do. Or did. And I was rude. So, you know, I am sorry".

She bit her lower lip to stop herself from saying something nasty as she saw the man smirk and cross his arms.

"So you're apologising?"

"No." she said strongly, scrunching her nose." Stop gloating. I just said sorry. Doesn't mean I am, you know, apologising." She knew she was making no sense, but there was only so much pride she could swallow in one day. She felt full. She felt nauseous. And then she heard him laugh. A full throated, full hearted, full toothed laugh. And she could almost physically feel herself thaw as she felt the warmth he exuded fill the room. She found herself smiling. His laughter slowly slowed down to soft chuckling  before he stopped and sat down on the couch.

She had already embarrassed herself today. The worst was over. Oh, what the hell!, she thought and plunked down on the couch next to him. "I apologise, Arnav." she said softly, looking him in the eye. "I am sorry I spoke to you that way the other day. The way I said it, it seems I have led you and everyone else to believe I have a low opinion of you and what you do, and that I intended to demean you. Trust me Arnav, that is not what I wanted to do. Or say. I was just-"

"Its okay Payal, you don't have to-"

"No Arnav, let me finish. This is spectacle anyway, Payal Gupta apologising. Don't you want to witness it?" her voice didn't reflect the playfulness of her words. It was just...restless. "So- where was I? Yes... I did not intend to be hurtful. I don't feel the need to watch my tongue around you Arnav, and I guess I crossed a line that day. Please don't think I was judging you. I know you are an honest man Arnav, that's all that matters. I have no right to question the choices you make, and you have no need to explain yourself. Oh, and if I ever need a divorce, you're the one I would come to. Now that says something, no ? " she finished with a wink.

"Oh, I'll have to think about it. I don't think Aakash will take it lightly if I pick the other side in his marriage." he said trying not to grin. But Payal did grin, albeit sheepishly.

"So you...forgive me?"

"God this is really difficult for you isn't it ? You look like someone asked for your kidneys in charity."

"Hey don't push it"

"Its too much fun!" he was laughing  again.

Garima smiled to herself as she pinned the pleats of the pallu to her blouse as heard the sounds of tinkling  laughter from the living room. She had not expected Payal to apologise, and definitely not this soon. But she also knew Payal's fondness for Arnav, the man was a darling and he made Khushi incandescently happy. Payal had taken her time to trust Khushi with Arnav, but ever since she had, she had whole heartedly considered Arnav a part of their family.

"Maa I am making some coffee for myself and Arnav, would you like some?" she heard Payal scream.

"I wouldn't mind a cup." Garima replied as she checked herself in the mirror one last time. She adjusted her bindi so that it was right at the centre of her forehead and then walked to the living room. It was Khushi's first day and work and she has been jittery all day, she could really use some coffee.

This update is for Vee, our birthday girl today. Happy seventeen, darling! Heart

Edited by vgedin - 02 July 2013 at 10:16pm

The following 288 member(s) liked the above post:

anaviabhiKmanduShini.Shiva86ipkndFanrachealneykariababy2012khubarsh_18hopalongsuganya91Petunia11susanbonessmile_n_laughsrishti9015chinnimunni1sarunfanreena1146tomchi94Mcoyzpalemsrsraniushasaborni123deex717auraptr0001Gargi.Gblacklady1sow420loony-toonySam_Veenrethkumarv5a1s6turnipElsa_Sal0406yhm111HemaSuryaRishitaJainChand...dreamz92Tannu25VioletFlowerSannys-fanindrani21decirama1bhoomigowdamarleylernerocean28CambbablubliMONAKARANmalar3nimkog17jasArshinmeprimishadancydreamerfairycakearshi_1982naj84parveenharrysam_93mssravyakharunyaxxSassyxxAUMMstar303tellycrazysindukur..Zahra..Micha1005cutie13christmassavvzglimmernglitterkanthi_chksPedaDreamer-89jshreya16anamika00Rihanna4allmanusmithclroseycheekrandom94Khuarvday_lilyalisondiArchu61thebubblespop12Fridagmhatcherhari93soophietracy1191barunxoxochits21UV_Arshishona-limrignayanisj_arhinehaarshigatanarmathabiju21sahadaIPKKND0011likeNoOtherkhushiiXOXOcitisoppyAyaat1216revathysugathanharsha..shr1234samarablognnhklibranangelthinkggreenArani_KumarAmita2014Sisbamboo1ipkviewerskmr.bsnapkSaRunHoliccCattywampusdivya_divstinklebyAplihsarshisimplecosminaRainyDayskaty185Mirabellmojgan--POV--kaprasinarpitasharmaina_saahil..PT..jg12famiyanissosk2405Bubbles76mayurisb80vks11BavariNandzTirtharupaaksujiDilLoveRomanceaneelovesarshianonyasrSonaparam29-MIMOSA-snapeseverussrija.singh04Addicted87Polkadots78RandomGirldreamymayapink.lotus45678crazyaddictionsrilathassochanathaOnlookerV3OdNataliashils28sslmay11faffyRaila1014rockinggirl5smiley13meem17valeyrie-doe-eyes-prerna31ssaavan_lovervidya.sanjaymsmarpleMiliipinklyNi_singhspsharmilasrmirjipmpm1..Swapnali..guggupremdewaani-Shilpaa-Aanchal15-Shobhu21-kirti123dazzlerabiAparameghacharlotte74Kittya_CullenLeenaRocksN0306fareeJaponicagifttagSamyxxaycma98Rishita.SIholicsegadbinimotilakraj80TwilightStar_JPpenny25srain10preethi.saseeda-DobByDoDgeR-A.HajnalIronButterflynazcaluvbugSS88JCJSSanaya.BarunTeriKhamoshiyanSnoowfallpran28671shalbicinerariamahrusweetyPdroverHot_ChocolatekclovearshiA_BA.ButterCup.Heavens_Flowermadhu1210Chokri_ASRTitaliya1234pmehra300EXPELLIARMUSShikhaKhushishree10aquagalrefloratedBlueMystiqueKishmishfarheen75prpk525msinGurmeet4Drashtiwin7sudhareddymeera30-memorable-roops82Shamz94amaypranaysmansoapsudsflowers4u-Cheeni-Ethereal-Path-afsha-GirlabouttownOmNaMaSteOmAngelTeen_disha_ssyahooapplesauce.ArjuhisisopsyellowNewbiesoapfanrkapoor1382snoopy84Dee_Jindi52rulamadiyadivyapup03..SunnYaara..AquaSandhyaranogillkondhiliEccentrica1chillyasrcrazelazyleavesRasgulla_spprincessunara

sj_arhi Senior Member
sj_arhi
sj_arhi

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Sj Smile
Oh mothers Smile, they are anxious about every first day no matter how many first days you have experienced in the past, about every exam irrespective of the number of tests you have attended, every stage performance no matter how small your role might be. It is  endearing many a times to watch their concern. Garima wants Khushi's first day to be perfect and a smile on her daughter's face will wipe out her nervousness. I liked how you penned her concern.
Payal is a very interesting character. From the previous few updates she seems as a self-driven, focussed person, who is frank while placing her views. She can be sharp with her words but as had Khushi said she takes her liberties only with those who mean family to her. 
Payal finding it difficult to apologise was enjoyable, especially her attempts and comparisons with band-aids to make it look easy. Stop gloating. I just said sorry. Doesn't mean I am, you know, apologising. That cracked me up. It happens when you want to apologise but don't want to come across as doing so. The entire Arnav Payal rapport made it a lovely read Twiggs. Great update!

Edited by sj_arhi - 02 July 2013 at 10:24am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

sslmay11Aanchal15vgedin_disha_lazyleaves

Go to top