Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 14)

EXPELLIARMUS IF-Rockerz
EXPELLIARMUS
EXPELLIARMUS

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 11:02am | IP Logged
Res!! M heer

Edit:

For that dedication,

I'm honored!

This update was your longest yet, and 
I loved it!

Except the food talk, which just made me hungry...but I digress.LOL

Have I told you how much I love the crossword touch? It's genius.Bas.

The first part of this chapter showcased your talent for humor, and I loved the teasing banter between Arnav and Akash. Cheesecakes, indeed!

And then you bring in Payal, and her scathing replies to Arnav.
I finally got a clear picture of Arnav. A divorce lawyer? Very creative!

I also liked that whole scene in Khushi's bedroom, including the description of the interior.
So  they have known each other for a while now, their relationship is easy-going and non-angsty, M tink?

But my absolute favorite is the part about Arnav's insecurities, and the insight into Khushi's thoughts.
I like where you are going with this, the realistic touches do stand out!

Great going, and I love the frequent updates!

Edited by EXPELLIARMUS - 28 June 2013 at 5:22pm

The following 13 member(s) liked the above post:

turnipVioletFlowernaj84sj_arhiarshisimplesslmay11--BumbleBee--vgedinnazcashree10Heavens_Flower1chillylazyleaves

reflorated IF-Rockerz
reflorated
reflorated

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 11:02am | IP Logged

I love how you draw a parallel between the crossword and their lives. For this chapter reeked of being cherished. I don't know what to say to Payal, except that I hope she develops the knack to speak delicately, for we wouldn't want her to barge out of the OR and say, sorry but your son dropped dead because my best efforts weren't good enough. All the medics I have known have this weird knack for directness.

This was a great chapter, written by a great person and dedicated to a great person. :-)

Vee

Edited by V323 - 28 June 2013 at 11:30am

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sj_arhi--BumbleBee--vgedinnazcashree10meera30kondhili1chillylazyleaves

_disha_ IF-Sizzlerz
_disha_
_disha_

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 11:08am | IP Logged
Res

I totally felt for Arnav here ...his insecurities and his self confidence given a beating was very aptly put across ..no wonder he is always looking for assurances from Khushi.

The first part was very witty and funny! 

In the second part i too felt Payal a tad bit rude ..but not making any assumptions here ...however she did touch a raw nerve there.

Loved the ending statement !! So true !

Edited by _disha_ - 28 June 2013 at 5:33pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sj_arhisslmay11vgedinnazcaIPK007shree10ssyahoo1chillykondhili

meera30 IF-Rockerz
meera30
meera30

Res

Ah i think I might be falling in love with Arnav. He is perfect in being that person that we all really are underneath. At least I am. What is the goal of life after all? Wanderlusts are real. And strangely they are the one who are happy - could that be termed escapist? Maybe. But what if the answer is the pursuit of happiness as the ultimate goal - of freedom to be...

It is tough to be that person. There are always people who will retort that wanderlusts are there because they can be - because they don't have to worry about survival...What is the answer...Strangely...Arnav is now the key character for me. I want to see where you take him...and how it changes / strengthens what he shares with Khushi...

I won't say anything about Payal - she was forthright and direct...people are that way. And honestly, sometimes you need those around you, even if only to assure yourself that you are OK.

Of course, the Akash-Arnav conversation was funny. poor Akash ...didn't get THE move right...tell him I can introduce him to a certain Swami if he be interested. ;)

Edited by meera30 - 28 June 2013 at 11:57pm

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

naj84Amita2014arshisimplesj_arhisslmay11Raila1014vgedinnazcareflorated_disha_kondhili1chilly

AquaSandhya IF-Sizzlerz
AquaSandhya
AquaSandhya

Res

That was a hilarious start to this update and I loved every word in that conversation between nani, Akash and Arnav. Here raizada's are the more intersting clan ... humour seems to be their thing while the Gupta's though brilliant are a rather serious family. Therefore less exciting.

Dosa and daliya convo, take on IPK and the arm twist where aakash's knuckled hurt and the temple trip negotiation...laugh riot. ROFL

So, Meera's arnav got the arm twist perfectly and your aakash struggled and doesnt want his girl to know that he is not so macho afterallROFL

I was a bit taken aback to know that law is considered average and lawyers not respected. 

It is like we all love to hate bankers because they make big fat bonuses but can you imagine the world without bankers...our money wouldn't be worth much. Similarly, law to me are as good as business, singing, medicine, engineering or writing. It is how you use that profession to make a difference.Dont doctors want to make money r the singers or the engineers or arent they corrupt too? (I'm not a lawyer nor have I or any one in my family done Law) 

If arnav is insecure in his choices it is the people around him that are making him feel thus. SAD.

I'm not a huge fan of kissing without brushing but there are times when passion goes beyond hygeine. 

Secondly the kiss bringing peace and serenity ...hmmm. A kiss on the cheek gives you peace but a proper kiss...always carries you away else where unless ofcourse it is apeck on the lipsEmbarrassed

A very intersting update Twiggy. Humourous and emotional ...

I love the funny arnav. I know for a fact that you love Arnav tooLOL

Edited by AquaSandhya - 28 June 2013 at 12:09pm

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

arshisimplevgedinnazcaIPK007reflorated1chillykondhilissyahoo

kondhili IF-Sizzlerz
kondhili
kondhili

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 11:14am | IP Logged
Res

*Edited*

Chapter 2:

Wow one daughter a doctor and the other an engineer the perfect indian family.  The only 2 career options made available to children of a 'normal' middle class family for a very long time. So i guess its time to pat  Mrs &Mr. Gupta for doing a damn good job of raising their daughters as per the society standards.  

But can i just share with you that i am so glad that mindset of people is already changing in this regard and parents are willing to let their children experiment with their choices. 

Coming to the update, i don't really blame khushi's parents they want to protect her and don't want her to suffer in any way. Parents always will want the moon and the stars for their child and protect the child from all the hardships that they ever endured. 

I am glad that payal was feeling sorry for letting her sister down, the bond between 2 sisters is so special.  We always expect our sisters to be our partners in crime in all our mischief and be our support while facing the enemy line. 
Payal and Akash well thats an interesting equation, already in love yet to confess to the same but. 

Felt really sad for Khushi when she finally decides to give up her dreams for her father's happiness. 

Chapter 3:

My heart goes out this Arnav, who has his share of insecurities.  The burden of being the common bird in the midst of exotic ones is a tad bit difficult to carry. 
No wonder the poor guy  seeks reassurances from his love that he is worthy enough for her. 

Loved the start of the update the lovely banter between 2 brothers and hiding the same from their grandmother.  And i loved the twisted tale of IPK that you wrote for us to enjoy and had a good laugh at it esp the arm twisting part of it. LOL

But i fail to understand payal's strong condemnation to arnav's job, she came on a bit strong for me...i am sure she must have strong reasons for the same.  Maybe she is too opinionated 
I love the detailing that you give to your updates...So descriptive its almost like seeing things in front of you. 

I am already in love with the equation that Arnav and khushi share they understand each other so well.  

And i am extremely intrigued to find how this story is going to proceed.  

Edited by kondhili - 30 June 2013 at 9:21pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lazyleaves

BlueMystique IF-Rockerz
BlueMystique
BlueMystique

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 11:16am | IP Logged
Okay, so...I see Shashi's point, and you addressed it very very well. Parents are afraid of what would happen to their kids in the future, and they want to secure their future as much as possible. I am all too familiar with that.

But, if we never take chances, how will we ever achieve our dreams?

Loved the little fight between Aakash and Payal.

So the pairs are all set, no jumping off the cliff for love in this story, eh? Wink

Loved it! And sorry for the late unres!

Ch 3!

Loved loved loved the convo between Aakash and Arnav! LMAO! He watches IPK? And I think the question Aakash should have asked is, how does Arnav know so much about it? Huh?

Payal's a fire-cracker, isn't she? Her accusations are misplaced, but still. Good to see she can hold her own.

Love that Arnav is insecure too! I am loving the angle of making him the chaotic, unsure, spontaneous one instead of Khushi. Let's see how their relationship is shifted because of that.

Sorry for the MU! LOL! I thought I res'd after ch 2 only!

Edited by BlueMystique - 02 July 2013 at 9:26am
aura9 Goldie
aura9
aura9

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 11:29am | IP Logged
res edited

Its really weird that Arnav ended up with Khushi. I mean both are so different. But, love never sees rationality, because if it does its not love. This tells a lot as why Arnav is so much insecure about Khushi. Always wanting reassurances from her part regarding his position in her life.

Akash trying the arm twisting move on Payal I could never think of it in the show. The 50 shades of hot.

Is everything right between Arnav and Payal. was Payal's opinion intended to show that Payal doesn't have a very good opinion about Arnav or was intended to just tell us a bit more about Arnav will have to wait and watch.

Edited by aura9 - 06 July 2013 at 9:32am

Go to top