Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 112)

meera30 IF-Rockerz
meera30
meera30

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 1:32am | IP Logged
Comment updated here

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedinAquaSandhya

aquagal IF-Rockerz
aquagal
aquagal

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 3:29am | IP Logged
This update sheds light on characters of Shashi and Garima.
From the beginning I was thinking how are they so cool about Arnav & Khushi and even Payal-Akash. I have known people who have dated and their parents knew but then there were things not allowed like night-outs or a weekend trip. So to see Arnav-Khushi being together on weekends away from everyone made me wonder but now I have my answers. It is because Shashi-Garima have themselves taken much stronger and bolder decisions in their lives - Live-in during those times being the major. Well even today parents won't approve their children of taking such decisions.
But what Garima is feeling is right, they are being hypocrite with following a theory in one phase and not in the other. Is it because they took a much more major decision in their life personally and not in a professional sphere or is it just what Shashi said that Khushi won't like taking help financially?
The latter makes me question would have they allowed Payal to take up something if she had wanted to give up on her job?
Can't they find a middle ground here too with Khushi writing side by side her job or better making writing her priority and some free-lance job for financial security?
This is tough on everyone - Parents, kids. I think it'll be better if Shashi tells his reasoning to Khushi and then let her decide. Getting a NO without a valid explanation hurts more.
Anjali - just go for the concert and fulfill your wish. You can't make everyone happy with your decisions in life and moreover you can't make someone happy when you're not happy yourself. Simple!
Payal has surprised everyone with all her attention to Akash and by taking a leave for the same.LOL

Edited by aquagal - 20 September 2013 at 3:30am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

khushboo1234 IF-Dazzler
khushboo1234
khushboo1234

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 4:16am | IP Logged
shash and garima r very open minded people...and they were n a live in relationship..that is the reason they have given enough freedom to their children..i hope shashi soon allow khushi to do  whatever she wants to do..
anjali and arnav convo was cute...anjali is going to uk for a concert...
thanx for the pm..

vgedin

crazy-ash Goldie
crazy-ash
crazy-ash

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 4:34am | IP Logged
oh dear! i just realised that i did not comment on the last as well as last to last chateer!
but let me tell u, i loved every bit of it!
it was so full of arhi and it was really good to see how both of them are able to find solace with each others presence...

and the little glimpse in garima-shashis past now help me understand y they are so cool abt the relationships their daughters share with their respective boyfriends.. lol
they seem to hav a colorful past as well...hehe
and really good to see how talking to anjali helped arnav..

vgedin

Uzii Goldie
Uzii
Uzii

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 5:51am | IP Logged
Nice update 

vgedin

arpitasharma Senior Member
arpitasharma
arpitasharma

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 6:09am | IP Logged
Hello there! A new reader on board here! And to start off, I read all the parts in one go and I am loving this story!

The streaks of maturity it displays and certain conversations which make you rack your brains, this story altogether is a brilliant package!

Initially I wondered how Garima and Shashi were so relaxed with the fact that their daughters were having boyfriends, but with that little conversation they had in this chapter, they too stood on their grounds in their times despite the outlook of their family members. Shashi is seen to have a lack of faith in his daughter and Garima worries about the decisions they have taken for their daughters as well as the approach of the society.

The ending, light-hearted conversation between Arnav and Anjali was quite endearing.

Absolutely loved this chapter as well as the initial ones! Looking forward to read more!  Thank you so much for writing this!

Lots of love!

vgedin

valeyrie Goldie
valeyrie
valeyrie

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 10:05am | IP Logged
it was nice to read the perspectives of Shashi and Garima regarding Khushi's career choices and the role they want to play as parents in their children's life.
It definitely explains a lot of questions in my mind... the love they have shared shows in their parenting and how they want their daughters to experience the same thing. I kind of get what Shashi is doing but still i hope he shows Khushi some more trust.
loved the bro-sis talk. it definitely helped lighten the mood. Smile

vgedin

Japonica IF-Dazzler
Japonica
Japonica

Posted: 20 September 2013 at 4:30pm | IP Logged
Resing for now.
Having finally caught up with the updates, will put in my comments once my brain's assimilated all that has happened in the story so far!

Great story,  but one that makes its readers work as hard as it makes its creator!

Chapter 6- great conversation between 2 sets of people- the siblings and the parent and child. All love each other deeply, want to protect the other, yet say and do things, in the best of interests, never selfishly, that could hurt the other.

Actually, I agree with Anjali to some extent - there is a certain level at which Khushi does take Arnav for granted, but not consciously.

I think we all do that in relationships- we do need that space to use the other to be ourselves,  and conversely we need to give the other the space to use us to be themselves- all this in order to cope with the things that life throws at one.

If that space is denied or abused,  the relationship loses some of its strength. Yet, it is a very fine line between that give and take and taking the other for granted. We really don't know much about Arnav except through the prism of other people's persectives. 

So to Anjali, who is outside the relationship, it looks as if the balance is tilted more in favour of Khushi. She does not know that Khushi has just given up her dreams to please her parents. that is a huge disappointment she's dealing with. This is when she should be allowed to take Arnabv for granted!

But she also needs to allow him to do that, like Anjali I haven't seen enough evidence of that, which is why I kind of agree with Anjali's point of view,

The father -daughter conversation was moving in its awkwardness and ultimate graciousness.

Chapter 7- Payal being her uncharacteristic self was good fun. Akash and his game of keeping a public knowledge a secret was hilarious.

Chapter 8A - Lovely camaraderie between Khushia nd Arnav. Not being able to help Aman is really  weighing heavily on his mind.
The description of Vignesh's home and the party was wondefully vivid and evocative- I could smell and taste the dosas and the wonderful filter coffee- wish I could really have them!

Chapter 8B - what a study in contrasts-  this chapter swung completely from the serious and almost hostile in the first part to the hilariously ridiculous love in the second. So much hopelessness and negativiy in the first to complete positivity, hope  and love in the second.

The first conversation at the party had such an undertone of hostility. As for the politics of development in India, I have lost all my energies arguing for citizen responsibility and governmetn accountability, neither of which seems to be happening. Now that i have given it up, i am in Nirvana!

But I must admit, I am not entirely clear about the role of this party and the conversation in it plays in the plot of the story, but I suppose you have a reason for putting it into the narrative.

The second conversation was fantastic.  How I loved your dig at the IPK and its lovers. Making Akash the sober, a closet soap lover was hilarious. And Payal got him to admit to his love for the soap and most important for her! Hurrah- progress at last in their relationship.

JP and his 16th child- when does he do it, he's all the time doing seva to the residents of Shantivan?ROFL

Chapter 9- at last, you draw aside the curtains of their bedroom and let us see the relationship they have. Well it nice to see this happily 'married' couple enjoying some close-up  time. Loved his comment on her asking him if he needed an inhaler- ha, ha, that is so Khushi like!

But the most interesting thing was their conversation (well, it won't be fair to intrude upon their more intimate activities, but we can shameless eavesdrop in on their conversation)- it started with her asking him what was troubling him so much but somehow moved back to the things that were troubling her.

But at least by the end she has given him the push to take charge of his career.

But why are these two so cautious? For heaven's sake- A and K you are young, not some old middle aged couple, go take the risks, follow your dreams, make you mistakes, learn from them. You are so fortunate to have each other in this journey of discovery of your individual selves, so go live your dreams.

Edited by Japonica - 24 September 2013 at 6:15am

vgedin

Go to top