Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 11)

ShikhaKhushi IF-Rockerz
ShikhaKhushi
ShikhaKhushi

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:03am | IP Logged
I understand Shashi's point of view... It's actually like my dad's... Hurts us kids but totally justified... Ans Garima as a mother being torn between the two parties...
So, Shashi knows about Arnav and seems to approve of him too? <3

Payash was cute!

Waiting for more eagerly!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

_disha_ IF-Sizzlerz
_disha_
_disha_

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:06am | IP Logged
Fortunately and unfortunately at this point each of these characters are speaking the truth somewhere.
When i was younger and single i always felt the need to reach out and embrace my dreams..some came true some are still lying unattended and then after marriage and a child it made things easier to take in my parents point of views as well which earlier i felt stifling.
Dare i say it is the home truth.

So as we have Arnav and Khushi already together ... Payal and Akash are also a very much in love couple. It will be interesting to see how they keep up with the struggles of not only daily life but also keeping a healthy relationship.

Edited by _disha_ - 27 June 2013 at 8:05am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedinAquaSandhya

sman IF-Rockerz
sman
sman

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 8:15am | IP Logged
Very "real" update asi happens in our life..realistic...loved I..thxxx for the PMPM

vgedin

marleylerner Groupbie
marleylerner
marleylerner

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 9:01am | IP Logged
Oho doctor-engineer siblings!! Not again!! LOL
You brought in the other characters so well. 
The whole Shashi-Garima conversation brings out the parental dilemma so well- do you let kids decide for themselves or go with what you think is best for them. Parents never want their kids to go through the hardships they've faced but sometimes they don't realise that kids are willing to pay the price of struggle for their dreams. While Garima, Payal and Arnav seem to agree with Shashi's view, I feel he should let Khushi decide. She may become financially independent but her soul may be rendered a lot more poor. And given how she has been able to manage her financial independence so far, I'd say she's quite capable of taking care of herself no matter what she does in life. But never know, she maybe able to pull off both-like Arnav said she can write and get published anyways. 

I loved the Akash-Payal bit so much. Super-cute. It has left me with an intense craving for cheesecake though. Which cannot be satisfied at this moment :(

Payal thinks Arnav is a "goofy aimless brat".  Woah! can't wait to find out more about him. Missed Arnav and Khushi and yet loved reading this chapter. Everything about your characters brings out so much comfort in their relationships depicted so far. It just warms my heart.

Thanks so much for such a prompt update. Eagerly awaiting the next one! You've got me hooked so quickly Smile

Edited by marleylerner - 27 June 2013 at 9:02am

vgedin

A_BA IF-Rockerz
A_BA
A_BA

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 10:16am | IP Logged
Thanks for the PM, and the quick updateSmile

I really enjoyed the conversation between Khushi's parents; it was very realistic. I can totally understand their viewpoint in wanting Khushi to have a good life, and for them, that means a good job with a stable income. Because of their past in poverty, I think it would be hard for them to see Khushi pursue her dreams, which has a bleak future in terms of job/income/opportunities. I really like how you have dealt with this thus far. From personal experience, I have noticed many parents just decide things for their kids and say, "We know best," but at least Garima and Shashi have  a valid reason for their decision.

I must say the last part was a little sad, with the crossword confirming what she has just done in terms of forgoing the internship. However, I am a firm believer that even when some doors close, others can open up...hopefully Khushi will get a best of both words, please her parents and herself!

Looking forward to the next update already! Hopefully we get more of that Khushi and Arnav banter that was so great in the first chapterSmile

Edited by A_BA - 27 June 2013 at 10:17am

vgedin

madmaxine IF-Rockerz
madmaxine
madmaxine

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
What's an 11 letter word for fluent? 

Mellifluous. Smile

That's what that was. 

vgedin

lazyleaves IF-Stunnerz
lazyleaves
lazyleaves

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:33pm | IP Logged
Hello Twigs :-)

Sorry for the late comment.

This is what I don't like about in parents. They force their kids to do things that they are not happy about. I understand their intentions are pure. But their means are harsh.

Agreed they want the best for their children but not at the expense of their happiness.

My heart broke when I read that she had tu endure engineering because that is what her dad wanter her to do...Yet she did it and did it well what with the scholarship and all.

I know money and career are important but whats the use of all that money when it might turn you bitter towards your family later or not make you happy?

They think she might not be successful if she chooses a career in writing. But then its betted to try and fail than not try at all. She wont be writing just based on an assumption that she might be unsuccessful.

I dont want her family to regret not letting her do what she liked some 10 years down the line...

That is what I love about my parents. They let me choose whatever I am happy with and support me fully through everything...

*Rant over*

Sorry to have misunderstood earlier that they were married :-P

So PaYash are an item. I want my boy friend to get me late night treats! Wait for that I need a boy friend first!

The last scene made me feel so bad for Khushi! I don't want her to cry when she is alone. Dammit!

vgedin

lazyleaves IF-Stunnerz
lazyleaves
lazyleaves

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 12:37pm | IP Logged
Please ignore the typos in the above comment! I am typing from phone and I hate touchscreen!

Another thing about Payal. She did disappointment me too. A sister needs a sister as a support before parents. That way I am blessed to have two wonderful sisters (yeah Saiyu is good that way :-P Don't tell her this though)

I know if any point in time me and my parents are standing at extreme ends, she will be my support!

Also, I am enjoying this story a lot :-)

Good going Twigs :-)

vgedin

Go to top