Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 (Page 10)

SS88 IF-Dazzler
SS88
SS88

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 4:17am | IP Logged
You've written such a lovely story. I totally understand Shashi, Garima and Payal. They want Khushi to live a comfortable life, one with a sure income at the end of each month, and no hassles. But I understand Khushi too- after all what good is a hefty bank balance if you're not happy? Akash and Payal are so cute. So are Arnav and Khushi. Khushi's thoughts the end of the update were so real- when you're having a bad day, everything seems to go wrong. Looking forward to more :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedinshree10

aura9 Goldie
aura9
aura9

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 4:37am | IP Logged
res

Khushi never wanted to do mechanical engineering, I can understand I really do. In a country like India there is almost no scope for any form of art. The question arises is should we follow our heart and starve our self for our passion the simple answer would be No. But, since it's only about internship I don't think Khushi give this up. Though I understand Shashi's perspective well, there are needs and then there is luxury. If 'Passion' becomes 'Need' then it comes before 'luxury'.

Arnav a goofy aimless brat now that's new.

Payal and Akash are just so cute. Does Payal live alone and I would trade anything for a cheese cake.

Edited by aura9 - 27 June 2013 at 4:54am

vgedinshree10

Kishmish IF-Rockerz
Kishmish
Kishmish

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 5:01am | IP Logged
Big smile

Like I said earlier ... I always loved reading all your comments ... 
and felt that you should also be writing ... 
You have it in you ... Star

Just loving this story ... 
Arnav seems like a good friend and totally in love with Khushi ... 
Khushi wants to write but ends up doing engineering ... 

Can understand Shashi's reasons for not encouraging Khushi with the 
internship as he knows his daughter could easily loose focus from 
more important goals in life ... 

Waiting eagerly for more ... Thanks Twiggy ... 

Edited by Kishmish - 27 June 2013 at 5:42am

vgedinshree10

shree10 IF-Rockerz
shree10
shree10

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 5:37am | IP Logged
Twiggy, Really enjoyed the update! It's interesting how your perspective changes when you become  a parent! I find Shashi approach quite pragmatic though I wonder why he had to force her for Engg especially. But you can't explain every little thing in story. So I would ignore that bit.

Does Khushi really think that she wants to make a career out of writing. We have Chetan Bhagat as an example. But his maybe rare case?? Also he has fallback option. (Wife) It is altogether different case that his writing is criticized left and right but still.. makes money right?

So I fully empathize with Sashi and Garima.

She personally found him to be a goofy aimless brat => What?? You made Arnav goofy aimless brat?? Hawww..
So we get Payash in this update. Here too they are expecting pehle Aap/pehle Aap lucknow style??
And Khushi's predicament in the end!! Some days are so bad that you feel the whole universe is conspiring against your sanity! Isn't it??

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedinEccentrica_disha_AquaSandhya

moomin4455 IF-Dazzler
moomin4455
moomin4455

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:17am | IP Logged
I'm glad I finally checked my PM!

This is a wonderful beginning...Khushi and Arnav think the world of each other...but maybe Arnav is the only one that can see flaws in her writing because he is so close to her? Now I wonder what it will take for him to actually give his good opinion?

So Arnav hasn't told her he loves her, but Khushi knows exactly how they feel about each other? It is a conundrum she's facing...not sure what I would do about the creative writing course...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

vgedin

moomin4455 IF-Dazzler
moomin4455
moomin4455

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:22am | IP Logged
Just read the second chapter! I agree with Shashi I'm afraid and he speaks firm experience...though it breaks his heart to hurt his child but he has a point. I kind of agree with Arnav in the last chapter - if Khushi is good she can make it!

So PayPal and Akash I'm guessing? That's a woman after my own heart - the things I would do for cheesecake! LOL

vgedin

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:40am | IP Logged
I finally read the first two chapters. And to say I'm blown away would be a massive under statement. there is a reason why many of us believed you are capable of writing and this proves why.

I have so many things to say about the two chapters- starting with how in two chapters you have managed to etch out some realistic but interesting characters, how easily their conversation and the story telling flows, how intellectually stimulating you made the experience by throwing in the word play and crosswords and most importantly how the story says something about you as an author. every author carries their distinct style that is obvious in their stories and I cant already feel it with this story.

I'm not going to question the reason for the title, I'd rather wait for you to take me to the point where it justifies itself.

And before I sign off there a couple of lines that struck a chord-

'I want her to be able to lead a comfortable life, not just... I don't want her to see the days we have.'

"Talk to me Khushi. And don't start that unnecessary conversation where you say its nothing, then I assert something is the matter, and we spend half an hour in a pointless discussion at the end of which you give up and tell me everything. So cut the crap and spit it out, NOW."

I'm intrigued and already engaged, I look forward to this journey.

vgedin

Sultan_Of_Swing IF-Sizzlerz
Sultan_Of_Swing
Sultan_Of_Swing

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 7:41am | IP Logged
I finally read the first two chapters. And to say I'm blown away would be a massive under statement. there is a reason why many of us believed you are capable of writing and this proves why.

I have so many things to say about the two chapters- starting with how in two chapters you have managed to etch out some realistic but interesting characters, how easily their conversation and the story telling flows, how intellectually stimulating you made the experience by throwing in the word play and crosswords and most importantly how the story says something about you as an author. every author carries their distinct style that is obvious in their stories and I cant already feel it with this story.

I'm not going to question the reason for the title, I'd rather wait for you to take me to the point where it justifies itself.

And before I sign off there a couple of lines that struck a chord-

'I want her to be able to lead a comfortable life, not just... I don't want her to see the days we have.'

"Talk to me Khushi. And don't start that unnecessary conversation where you say its nothing, then I assert something is the matter, and we spend half an hour in a pointless discussion at the end of which you give up and tell me everything. So cut the crap and spit it out, NOW."

I'm intrigued and already engaged, I look forward to this journey.

vgedin

Go to top