Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AnjuRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
love the progressive shashi garima
hmmm akash and payal getting closer

loved the arnav anjali moment when he caught her distress reminded me of my own brother

loving the story 
moomin4455 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Both families trying to make excuses for family. Shashi and Garima are ahead of their time, without a doubt. I didn't know their past so thought Shashi was doing a good thing for Khushi: poverty is no joke and I can believe Khushi being hardheaded and suffering. However, in light of the difficulties they have had to overcome, I think he should have more faith in his daughter.
So is Anjali's criticism of Khushi actually a reflection of what she thinks about herself, or what she feels her husband thinks? Is she guilty or thinks she's guilty of putting herself first?

Too many questions Twiggy! ๐Ÿ˜†
Nandz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Loved the chapter!!
We got the insight in to garima n shashi's story!So garima n shashi had lived in before they got married to each other? That was pretty unconventional given that it was some thirty years back! That is why they are such unconventional parents! I used to wonder where would one find such parents. Though shashi is a a father and would always want best for her daughter but I guess shashi should have confidence on his upbringing and how strong their daughter is and that she could fend for herself. What's the point of giving all the freedom and independence if you forbid her the only thing she wants!

I thoroughly enjoyed the second half of the chapter! The east banter betwen the siblings was abolutely fun to read! How they were gossiping and having fun on the expense of their brother and bitching about the bane of every daughter in law's existence, her mother in law!! Typical sibling chat!! Totally loved it!

One can see hoW much of Effort arnav is putting! I guess in the process of this case he will discover his true potential too! He just needed that push and he got it in the form of this case!!!
An absolutely lovely chapter!
Waiting for the next update!
gifttag thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Very forward couple of that generation who lived their like as they seemed fit and supported each other through out..I am very impressed.

As a parents I agree with Garima when she said that we have become exact the type of parents that we decided we won't be but that's Shashi's fault as he is the one who made her choose the career which he thought was right although he had good reason for it but none the less its not right..you can't live through your children or try and make them successful in things which you failed in.

It's quite comman for the relatives and even friends to pass judgement on the way one is bringing their children up and with the amount of freedom given is the measurement of being a good or not so good parenting.

There was a radical change in Payal's outlook and action in connection with Akash..any reason for it ?

Anjali and Arnav's conversation highlighted the kind of life style she has of a typical Indian Wife and daughter in law where her career comes second to her husband's wants and needs ( sorry if I come across as too judgemental).

Awesome update. Learned the dynamics of different relations.
Thanks for the PM.

Just to let you know that I will be travelling from mid Oct to mid Nov, so won't be able to comment. Pls don't take me out of your PM list.

shr1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Ahaa! It's really nice update. I was thrilled to know that even Shashi and Garima were living in before getting married. I really appreciate the way they treat their daughters. Though their, particularly Shashi's arm-twisting I cannot fully support, I can see where it comes from and therefore I can't out rightly hate him. And I think all of us at a point do behave a bit hypocritically. Arnav and his bond with his siblings again took my heart. Anjali's husband and mom in law, typical I'd say. I wonder why Anjali is so doubtful about Khushi. Khushi's family has welcome Arnav with open arms. It's a great and refreshing update, thanks for the PM :)
bhoomigowda thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Good one. Its good to know that shashi and graima trust their daughters, but I guess its their upbringing that they believe more firmly over everything else which makes them have faith in everything khushi and payal do. I am one confused soul when it comes to shashi's outright decision with respect to khushi's career. Albeit shashi is right in his place ,he should have thought it from khushi's point of view, I totally agree with the fact that they are nothing but hypocrites. As I have mentioned it earlier, when they believe in their upbringing & trust their daughters with everything else then why arm twist them & force them to do something which they are not interested to do, why not trust them with their career decision. There is no second thought in the fact that his decisions are born out of concern for khushi's future, he wants nothing but comfort & luxury for his daughter but amidst everything I guess he failed in respecting his daughter's dream & more so in understanding her true potential.

Shashi and garima's story explains why they are so comfortable when it comes to khushi & payal's personal life. Shashi & garima living together before marriage was rich given to the generation they belong but I am glad that they stood true to their words, standing by each other irrespective of the circumstances. I am really happy with arnav's decision of taking up la's case and am sure arnav is going to put up a tough fight with the kind of home work he is doing.

The second half of the update was a typical Indian drama and it gave us an insight to anjali's life. I was clueless about her profession and am glad that it was came out in this update. I don't understand most of the times why is it always a woman who have to compromise on her profession/dreams and choose between her work & her family responsibilities when they can balance both efficiently. I agree with arnav to a great extent, its not that a mother-in-law visits her son once in blue moon that a wife leaves everything and makes herself busy in pampering her. You bring out so much of reality into your story that its hard to stop expressing our views. Anjali should go ahead with her concert, arnav & anjali's back bitching about akash was hilarious and lastly anjali & her ever ending puja's, temple visits never changes. I enjoyed reading it.
A_BA thumbnail
Really enjoyed reading about Shashi and Garima's past...they truly have a great love story and were very forward thinking for their time. It definitely explains the trust they have in their daughters (well at least in their personal lives!). I agree with Garima that they are kind of hypocritical as they allow her personal freedom, but restricted her professionally. However, I do understand where Shashi is coming from (no matter how hypocritical it is). It really seems like he had to struggle financially when he was around Khushi's age, and after living like that, he doesn't want his daughter to ever share the same experience. I think Shashi thinks that a life of writer can come with some struggles, and knowing that Khushi won't ask for their help, he doesn't want her to be in a tough situation. For some reason, I can kind of sympathize with him, even though I hate the concept of parents choosing their kids path for them.

One question though, if Shashi and Garima were not that financially well of, how could they afford to live together on their own??

Really enjoyed reading the update (even though there were no Arnav/Khushi moments), as there was so much we learned about the various characters in the story

Thanks for the response to my last comment, really appreciated it! And also thanks for the PM๐Ÿ˜Š
1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
This is not fair. After all that spamming I get relegated to the fourth page.๐Ÿ˜ฒ
You should have warned me na, that you were updating. How will I live this down! 

Anjali too has MIL issues. 
This was great, Twiggs, a typical MIL DIL situation.
MIL omes to her son's place, DIL runs around looking after her, gets no thanks for the effort, son has a jolly good time being mollycoddled. Wher did I hear this before.๐Ÿ˜†

And Shashi! I might not agree with him but I do understand him.
Parents usually are very ambitious with their hildren, and want them to do all the things they themselves couldn't do.
And every parent thinks he is the best parent and his brand of parenting is the best.

amaypranay thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Just fabulous ...

Wondering if Garima is going to say anything to Khushi and Arnav...now that her Jiji has got her mind riled up...
IronButterfly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
What a interesting couple these two make.
Ahead of their times.
What Garima said made a lot of sense but i guess Shashi isn't wrong either.

Madho stands true for the saying that, lougoun ka tou kaam hai kehna.

Was very entertaining to read Arnav and Anjali's conversation.

Oh btw is your Arnav looking for a law intern?
I mean i really don't mind helping...