#1PolemicJackanapes: Complete [Note + Blog Link Pg154] 3Jan 2016 - Page 75

Posted: 10 years ago
you know something dear? the way In which you write and progress with your story and characters, I always felt the realistic touch in it. In the latest update, where you sketched Khushi's insecurities and fear, her helplessness and drowning in her despair by giving up the last shred of hope which kept her alive and going...its very raw kind of pain which is almost like a dementor's kiss, sucking your soul out. Arnav's boost up and logical reasoning out with his assurance to be with her is giving her the confidence. Even though she is bit hesitant and doubtful, his support plays a big role. When we have a little support to stand up for our dream, it means a lot..it gives you the energy to keep the flame of hope burning even if the wait is long or the struggles are back breaking. It gives you the will to keep going...
Same way Khushi's confidence and silent strength is guiding Arnav to take up the challenge and to fight..Btw, can I take your Arnav? He is so good and I could do with one Arnav now :-)
I totally loved the update. Arnav is the perfect boyfriend. .
Read this story this afternoon ...all chapters in one go...
How beautifully do you write ...
Enjoyed reading it...

So finally the mystery of 'What happens at the farmhouse? has been put to rest! 😃

This was such a beautiful chapter, Twiggy. The maturity with which you portrayed their relationship, the aesthetic way you described their lovemaking was just astounding.! 

Their love, having passed through the first tempestuous phase of awakening, acknowledgement and confession, now runs serenely still on the surface. But beneath the calm surface run passionate undercurrents that perhaps a third person looking at them would never be able to guess. Definitely a more comfortable kind of love..

Their conversation, with both sharing their innermost fears, their dreams, their aspirations with each other was extremely realistic and exactly how one would expect two 'deeply in love' people, or two soulmates to talk to each other.

Loved it so much...and already looking forward to the next :)

Edited by IPK007 - 10 years ago
sorry for not commenting on the last chapter. For full 10 mins I searched the net (slow net) as what this polemic actually means (better late than never). Now I think somewhat the meaning of the word is sinking into me.

Now coming to this chapter, both Arnav and Khushi are in crossroads of their life. I think they both have each other, but there is something amiss, though I couldn't put my finger on it. Maybe I think both of them don't have complete faith on each other's choice. They are giving each other assurances that everything would be fine the other must go ahead with it. But, the point is Arnav doesn't like Khushi's stories but still wishes that she becomes a published author a day, keeps on telling his opinion doesn't matter which is untrue because it does as she loves him. For example I never understand my sister's poem because of the hi-fi english but when she explains me the meaning of each word 'I'm like you are too good'

Another thing I felt was that the Gupta parents are different to both of their child they let Khushi go with Arnav to the farmhouse but they are significantly more strict with Payal. If what I feel is true than could you please elaborate why this generosity to Khushi.
Hi, just got up with the story and had an absolute pleasure in reading it. The story was very realistic and relatable to certain extent. Khushi is one strong woman having clear goals in life. Albeit initially she was in a fix between her dreams, interests, academics & career, where she was in a dilemma between what her mind wants and what her heart wants she painfully opted her father's decision like a ideal daughter. For a person it needs lot of courage & strength to abound her/his dreams, comprise with a career unwillingly because time & again she/he must fight the inner demons, the uneasiness,  insecurities within oneself. I am glad that khushi is one such strong character who stood up against all odds, keeping her dreams & aspirations at a bay and trying to do her best  in the given circumstances.

Arnav is a thorough gentleman with everlasting charm casting his spell on people around him. Arnav's insecurities with respect to his career is reasonable after all he too is a human being just like us.Its a inbuilt nature of human beings to be insecure of choices made in life (specially career related) often comparing ourselves with others, always over driving the mind thinking what if I had fared well in that field, what if I had taken up something else. Its a never ending story but am glad that arnav has khushi in his life who thinks otherwise always assuring him. They both share a comfort, mature and a very easy going relationship. Irrespective of their differences, they have always stood by each other,supporting each other and assuring each other.

In shashi I see a realistic father who wants his child to graduate, secure a good job in a organization which inturn ensures her financial security. Garima is very warm & friendly. I loved the easy, carefree banter between arnav & akash. Akash watching IPKKND was funny & hilarious.In vignesh I see a simple genuine person who is more career oriented and he is also a very easy going guy who is too found of filter coffee .I loved the way you have described vignesh's house, it was so vivid that it reminded me of my own childhood days where we used to arrange our books on one shelf and newspapers on the other rack of our bookshelves

Lavanya's case was also very realistic, it happens even today in most part of the country and we can find atleast one such case daily in newspapers or news channels. I am sure there are many more which is not brought into the light specially in rural areas. I hope arnav hands it with more maturity & the experience he has gained under shina. I forgot to mention about the project description,it was apt and was presented effectively leaving less room for discussion. 

I totally enjoyed reading it and hope to do so with the coming updates.
Very supportive of each other's dreams & ambitions + being empathetic about each other's troubles. There is a visible comfort zone they are in when together!
I should be hanged for 'coming back' so late.

Extremely sorry. It is mortifying to admit that I was following the FF throughout and thought I'd drop by the comment tomorrow...tomorrow...tomorrow. I swear I am going to change my username to 'lazybones' or 'lazy ass' soon. I know silent readers should be kicked out of FF lands or something but I hope you forgive me cause tomorrow is here finally. 

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this Arnav. He is realistic and likable...very, very likable. Charming. Soothing. Loyal.Flirty. I have no dearth of words and still find it hard to describe what I am trying to say here. Let's me put it this way- you've ruined my well charted out list of what I want in a guy. You've spoiled me. You, my dear friend, have raised the bar of my perfect guy and I don't know whether I should thank you for it or tell you that you've ruined my life. :/

Then I LOVE LOVE LOVE the equation Arnav and Khushi share. The intimacy which comes only with time, the comfort of having someone around,the assurances, the shared laughs, the faith and the trust.

But I have a feeling that things are going to spiral out of hand...soon. Despite all the reassurances there are some kinks that need to be hammered down. Things need to fall apart to fall back again though.

I'll come back to Payal and Akash later. I am not the type of person who is only interested in the leads. Specially when the writer has drafted out well thought out characters. Just in a slight hurry right now and there is one part I have to say right now.

The career arc.

Vgedin, thank you for bringing this part up. This is a prevalent problem in not only India, but everywhere. Over ambitious parents force their kids to go for careers they'd rather not take up and that screws everything up. I understand the need for earning well and getting a good degree and further a good job.

That is all fine.

Careers are so important. You have to keep up with them for life. I am sorry for getting mawkish but the topic is kind of close to my heart and I can rant about it till eternity. When you want something, and if you are passionate about it, you should not listen to anyone who stops you. Maybe it is a very idealistic view on life I take but after all those years, when you are old and senile, I think people regret not going for what they wanted because they listened to their parents. And that is a miserable thought to have. Everybody can give advice, people find it so easy to tell everyone what the perfect way to live their lives is, and yet they struggle in their own lives too. 

Maybe I'll regret my decision of doing what I thought was right. But for it, I'll never blame my parents. It is my road. I took it for myself. If I bear the consequences, that is the price I pay for the freedom. Isn't that liberating?

Will come back later with more. So long. :-)
Edited by Enchante - 10 years ago
wow what a stroy
please update soon
waiting for more
Twigs I  still can't choose whether to follow your heart for career or follow something which will support you financially. If not we would not be having so many people from various faculties flocking to IT.

And still I can only say that lucky are those who are able to follow their dreams and still make money.

I enjoyed the discussion at Vignesh's house. Something very general in the convo.  There are some who will be cynical about everything, who always will blame Red tape/Government for not doing enough or right way and get frustrated. And then there are some who will try to do something constructive whatever be the situation.

I am sure almost everybody has come across some Shekhar in college or at workplace!  Thanks to vaidehi for steering the convo to help Khushi.

Payal caring to this extent for Akash.. forget readers even Akash himself would never have dreamt. What a surprise!