Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Starting to Break the Mould (Page 4)

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by golpokobita

Very nice post.. great analysis with touch of wits..

This house is really difficult. Everybody is so much convinced about the usefulness of their primitive culture (i guess including Manav), that CC has a l-o-n-g way to go. 

I hope she starts knowing her enemies better.. Umaben is a human only.. but other enemies are stronger.. The beliefs of the people in that house  are so deeply rooted, it would need lot of strategic and well-planned moves from CC to fight them and win them. 

Very true ... I think Manthan and Ranjana are already rebellious ... it won't take much to win them over actually. On the other hand, they could be the biggest trouble makers too ... UB is already using Ranjana's shoulder to fire from ... she does that most effectively ...

Felt bad for Kaumudi ... she is used to being treated as unpaid servant in the house, with just a few kind words from Umaben once in a while ... her own husband doesn't have time for her, and doesn't even want to have a cup of tea with her ... what is the deal there? Shocked Hope CC sorts that one out first ... Kaumudi is the sweetest of the lot.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

golpokobitaddsoapsspiritshowviewerNewbiesoapfanprincessunara

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:34pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

Originally posted by jaya100

Interesting episode and great analysis as always Diya. I like your title but felt the cvs were pushing it a little by using tea as an example.  A woman who know how to make 6 cups of tea as she must have done in her parents home can make 14 cups of tea and if you can make 14 cups of lemon tea then what's the biggie in making 14 cups of regular tea...I get it was just to make a point but cvs shouldn't dumb down CC to a point where the audience can't relate to her...there's other ways to show the mould being broken.

agree n disagree!! LOL
agree - cz there is a way to expand when u r not used to.
take it from someone who doesn't know how to make a tea (I can't cz i don't drink milk tea, and as I cannot taste it I don't know how to make it)

so when guests come, and mom has to be there to talk we have a clear agreement b/w us. I use Nescafe sachet packs, 3/4th of water of one tea cup per 1 sachet pack, stir & strain and done!
So my way of doing is 14 different Nescafe cups separately if that is the amount i have to make! I make each cup individually!! So..um..this might sound dumb..but hehe my point is when cooking/food making is such an alien concept,
1 tea spoon to 1 cup of water does not always mean 10 tea spoons for 10 cups of water!! LOL

i hope I managed to say that what they showed isn't exactly that far off reality when one is THAT unused to making the food/drink item...LOL

Agree and disagree! While I won't say that the example of tea was the best, proportions for cooking for a large number of people can be crazy ... I have that problem every time I have dinner for a big number ... to estimate how much food to make can be difficult! I always make too much or too little!

Tea is much easier ... you can extrapolate the number of cups and teaspoons of tea quite easily ... that shouldn't have been so much of a problem ... but it does depend on how comfortable and confident one is in the kitchen ... I'm sure when I started cooking for the first time, I had similar problems Tongue

I guess they should have shown CC making lemon tea because it's more refreshing than normal tea or something ... I felt it funny too, why did CC get so confused about 14 cups of tea when she can make 6 cups.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ddsoapsshowviewerNewbiesoapfanprincessunara

spirit IF-Rockerz
spirit
spirit

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:39pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

Originally posted by spirit

Loved reading your post as usual.

For the first time, I could actually stand UB and not flip the channel during one of her plans or monologues. I think they are working on her characterization...why do I feel that way?? No one else does?? Felt like she was more 'likeable' today... Don't ask about the scale of that thoughTongue

'Likeable'? Maybe "less dislikeable" ... if that is a word LOL  that is as far as I will go. I was amused at her woeful predictions about her old age ... and even more amused that the bahus lapped them up ... like really? They really believe CC will throw out UB? And what's more ... they're disturbed at the thought? I thought they should be dancing a jig LOL But I'm surprised she told such blatant lies ... she has to be really confident she won't get caught out ...

Jeez, a home where Lemon tea is breaking the mould. This is going to be long and tough ride... Ermm Oh CC what have u got urself into!!!

Are we into Bhaag CC, Bhaag again? This time she can run away with Manav ROFL
But really ... Indian tea has so many variations ... honey tea, tulsi ginger tea, ginger, lemon and honey in hot water ... lemon tea really ain't such a big deal, Umaben!

What's the deal w/ the eldest bro and his wife? All three couples barring our lead duo seem to have marital issues of some sort...doesn't look like a happy happy marriage for any of them at this point! CC sensed some trouble...today and Manav is clueless but she will obviously unearth more secrets and discover all the friction...will she help her Bhabis iron them out? So much so that things change for them - start looking up in their respective relationships? Lets see. But obviously these are issues that will come up.

Yep, ALL of them have marital troubles ... figures, since Umaben handpicked her bahus, but didn't seem to bother much about her sons' preferences in the deal at all ... There was a scene between Umaben and Babuji at the start when UB said the eldest son had left home and she had to persuade him to come back ... Guess their stories will start surfacing one by one and CC will help to sort them out. I'm quite looking forward to that ...

Like you mentioned, slowly everyone of them will begin to appreciate her more and start taking her in as one of their own. UB will be the last one...but every time one of them switches sides, things will get tougher for UB.

I think the marital woes will start after the 30 day challenge is up ... once UB has faced defeat in throwing out Chhanchhan ... and each time one couple is sorted out, UB loses more ground. Then CC will start on the archaic customs too ... she has lots to do in this zoo! Again, am looking forward to seeing how they go ...

Ub's words were kind of prophetic today I thought, what if I have to live in an ashram or someplace similar...will the family face financial trouble in the future? And will CC contribute using her education and profession? Hmm...

I would love to see that ... full circle of sorts. Umaben claimed dowry is a good custom because it helped her family in a time of crisis ... in another time of crisis, Chhanchhan's education and modern thought comes in to save the family ... that would really be good.

First thing first, Congrats on turning PINK :D.

I've been trying my best to lose the teal soon for ages while everyone around keeps turning a fancy color. (Target 2015 at the rate I'm going ROFL) no seriously you are inspiring me now.Tongue

Less dislike able is the word then, I was trying to figure out why more like able sounded off. D'ohLOL Her blatant lies, I'm hoping will get her into a big mess one day and everyone sees her for what she is. Evil Smile Conviniently uses traditions and the naiveity of her bahus to make their lives hell. They are so gullible...why..??.I'm with you, I thought their hearts would be doing somersaults at the prospects of CC ousting UB. The only issue could be, they fear CC will take the reins and nothing will change for them. Better be bullied by a tyrant MIL than the modern youngest DiL. That wud bruise their egos no ends!

The tea thing was a lil dumb...we can understand if they'd hv said. The BS house only drinks milk teas! However lame... And the sons were shown okay with the tea that CC served. But on well, they tend to dumb things down.. May be tea variations are also banned at the BS workspaceTongue

I almost wrote, run CC run but obviously that won't work anymore, if that has to happen like for instance if UB really has a role to play in the impeding fire scare, I will say Run Baby Run but also take Manav with you this time, LOL

I'm pretty certain the marital woes, CC trying to help and the family's financial problems will happen...there have been enough indications about court cases and their little back story...lets see.

Sz,

Edited by spirit - 25 June 2013 at 9:57pm

ddsoapsshowviewerDiyaSNewbiesoapfan

Ecrivain. IF-Sizzlerz
Ecrivain.
Ecrivain.

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:12pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

Originally posted by varma.nishi1

Hey Diya congrats  for being a sizzler 
AND FINALLY MANAV GOES TO WORK ..AMD NEW PROMO 

but don't Keep too many  high hopes and yes nice post as usual ...LOL

Logging off cu Tom bye gn 

Thanks, Nishi!

They got the message then ... we want Manav to WORK!!! LOL 

Am pretty sure about the saree ... but even if she comes down in salwar suit, she would have asked Manav before ... so he would know that Umaben gave the permission ... especially since he just told her to keep trying to wear sarees ... Since it is too early for them to realise that these are all UB's devious plans, I think she will wear a saree only ... Tongue

@bold Diya u thought they would not get the message when tht was what precisely I had mentioned in my post ..lWink

UKLotusddsoapsshowviewerDiyaS

Kesh123 IF-Sizzlerz
Kesh123
Kesh123

Celebrity Fan Clubs Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
ufff why is uma ding this... & she never gets caught too :@ 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

ddsoaps IF-Dazzler
ddsoaps
ddsoaps

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:14pm | IP Logged

Hey Diya,

Fantastic post as always...and I can see some amazing additions too from Sunara, Spirit and the rest as well.

So wont put up another one...will just mention on a topic untouched...

Firstly Manav looked extremely dashing in a white T-Shirt and whence coming down the stairs...Awww man he looked absolutely divine!Blushing

And then our Sanz...aka Chhanchhan was absolutely adorable whilst struggling with her palla in the mouth and a tray full of 14 cups of tea and saucers... I loved the way she placed the tray, took back the pallu between her teeth and continued thereafter...Big smile

I also liked the scene where all the brothers were gathered together...in a very natural setting fighting for the newspaper...Manav the ladla only interested in SPORTS!LOL

CC arrives with her tray...Phew!...thanking her stars that she managed to walk straight, no spillage and the palla was intact! Now that is some accomplishment by our darling Chhanchhan and Sanz! Clap

Whilst Manav looks on, CC serves Manthan tea first, he looks at the black contents, raises his eyebrows, sips...

Then comes Manek...he looks at his cup and turns to his chaalak bro for an opinion!...

Voila! Manthan gives a positive nod...and Manek sips and has that teeny weeny smile of liking it...

Now whilst all this is happening here Manav is busy flirting with his wife and oh that wink! Right under UB's nose!...UB totally irked by it...Boy her ladla is madly in love with the woman she hates!

And then of course Mukut who is more vocal with his praise...

So the bros have all approved of the Lemon Chai!Big smile

Now Manav is simply loving it that his darling wife Lemon Chai has got the approval of his elders!. Watch him blush!

Today all the Borisagar men need a round of applause for their fabulous performances especially Manthan...(I am coming to that later)!Clap

UB and her blatant lies and then comes to pray...My thoughts Oh Ganapati Bappa...forgive her for her sins for she knows not what she does! (but she knows naah!) Confused

Drama Queen...I loved the way Supriyaji switches her tone from downright rude and rough to being soft spoken...

Ok after the wives go complaining to their better halves...and Manthan is fired for making a mistake on those cheques it upsets him...and so  vents out his anger and frustration over the sibling favouritism ...

That outburst by Manthan was NOT just over the sari bit but a lot more...that he had to handle more than he could at the office...and then was fired by his Dad...sometimes parents do make the mistake of favouring one child over the other and UB is absolutely capable of doing that...and this happens without the parent realizing how much it hurts the other child/children.

Manav is her ladla...it could be that Manav was allowed to join Uni, and  now the love marriage, and hasnt yet shouldered any responsibility.. he is a laid back kind of guy...was allowed to do whatever he wanted...and much more...

Actor playing Manthan was simply superb!...You could see the pain in his eyes. I had to rewind and watch... ...

There is a saying when fixing marriage proposal always ensure both the girl and boy are NOT the youngest...they would never know how to shoulder responsibilities or handle situations that follow in life...and this holds true...in most of the cases...

CC here is the oldest in her home and Manav the youngest. A perfect match! Smile

About Mukut and Kaumudi...yeah they do share a loveless marriage...she the dutiful wife...trying to please him as much as she can...and he ignoring her presence in his life...CC has notice and it would be her Mission MK in the near future...

Babuji in shock over this outburst ofcourse wants peace and no  differences between his DILs...(if only he knew what a wonderful actress Mrs. Borisagar is... (NOT IN THE LITERAL SENSE)...he could ask her to join a Mahila Theatre company...

Like Sunara said...I hope CC has discussed the whole matter with Manav...and comes down wearing the sari...

The show is really picking up...and thoroughly enjoying every bit of it...

AND CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A SIZZLER!Star

Edited by ddFan2012 - 26 June 2013 at 12:42am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

UKLotusshowviewerspiritDiyaSNewbiesoapfan

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 5:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ddFan2012

Hey Diya,

Fantastic post as always...and I can see some amazing additions too from Sunara, Spirit and the rest as well.

So wont put up another one...will just mention on a topic untouched...

Firstly Manav looked extremely dashing in a white T-Shirt and whence coming down the stairs...Awww man he looked absolutely divine!Blushing

And then our Sanz...aka Chhanchhan was absolutely adorable whilst struggling with her palla in the mouth and a tray full of 14 cups of tea and saucers... I loved the way she placed the tray, took back the pallu between her teeth and continued thereafter...Big smile

I also liked the scene where all the brothers were gathered together...in a very natural setting fighting for the newspaper...Manav the ladla only interested in SPORTS!LOL

CC arrives with her tray...Phew!...thanking her stars that she managed to walk straight, no spillage and the palla was intact! Now that is some accomplishment by our darling Chhanchhan and Sanz! Clap

Whilst Manav looks on, CC serves Manthan tea first, he looks at the black contents, raises his eyebrows, sips...

Then comes Manek...he looks at his cup and turns to his chaalak bro for an opinion!...

Voila! Manthan gives a positive nod...and Manek sips and has that teeny weeny smile of liking it...

Now whilst all this is happening here Manav is busy flirting with his wife and oh that wink! Right under UB's nose!...UB totally irked by it...Boy her ladla is madly in love with the woman she hates!

And then of course Mukut who is more vocal with his praise...

So the bros have all approved of the Lemon Chai!Big smile

Now Manav is simply loving it that his darling wife Lemon Chai has got the approval of his elders!. Watch him blush!

Today all the Borisagar men need a round of applause for their fabulous performances especially Manthan...(I am coming to that later)!Clap

UB and her blatant lies and then comes to pray...My thoughts Oh Ganapati Bappa...forgive her for her sins for she knows not what she does! (but she knows naah!) Confused

Drama Queen...I loved the way Supriyaji switches her tone from downright rude and rough to being soft spoken...

Ok after the wives go complaining to their better halves...and Manthan is fired for making a mistake on those cheques it upsets him...and so  vents out his anger and frustration over the sibling favouritism ...

That outburst by Manthan was NOT just over the sari bit but a lot more...that he had to handle more than he could at the office...and then was fired by his Dad...sometimes parents do make the mistake of favouring one child over the other and UB is absolutely capable of doing that...and this happens without the parent realizing how much it hurts the other child/children.

Manav is her ladla...it could be that Manav was allowed to join Uni, and  now the love marriage, and hasnt yet shouldered any responsibility.. he is a laid back kind of guy...was allowed to do whatever he wanted...and much more...

Actor playing Manthan was simply superb!...You could see the pain in his eyes. I had to rewind and watch... ...

There is a saying when fixing marriage proposal always ensure both the girl and boy are NOT the youngest...they would never know how to shoulder responsibilities or handle situations that follow in life...and this holds true...in most of the cases...

CC here is the oldest in her home and Manav the youngest. A perfect match! Smile

About Mukut and Kaumudi...yeah they do share a loveless marriage...she the dutiful wife...trying to please him as much as she can...and he ignoring her presence in his life...CC has notice and it would be her Mission MK in the near future...

Babuji in shock over this outburst ofcourse wants peace and no  differences between his DILs...(if only he knew what a wonderful actress Mrs. Borisagar is... (NOT IN THE LITERAL SENSE)...he could ask her to join a Mahila Theatre company...

Like Sunara said...I hope CC has discussed the whole matter with Manav...and comes down wearing the sari...

The show is really picking up...and thoroughly enjoying every bit of it...

AND CONGRATULATIONS ON BECOMING A SIZZLER!Star

Thank you!! Hug   Did I ever mention I love your posts? In case I didn't ... I LOVE your posts LOL

Love your description of the morning scene, Chhanchhan serving tea and the brothers' reactions ... and your analysis of the three brothers ...

To add my bit .. Manek seems to be the quiet one ... he follows his mom, he also follows Ranjana quite meekly, when she dragged him out of the kitchen to complain about the salwar kameez issue ... and Manthan brought it up in front of Babuji, he didn't want to mention it. 

Mukut ... there is some trouble here as well in his marriage ... he was the son who left home and UB brought him back ... and he wanted to speak to his bride before the wedding and was not allowed.  I think Kaumudi was not his choice, and he has not reconciled to his marriage ... neither has Manthan to his ...

Manthan ... nothing more to add ... you've said it all. I will be very interested in his back story when it comes out ... he is a fabulous actor. He was wasted in his previous show ... I noticed him there, and thought he was good ... he is way better than just good.

I have a feeling that the age gap between Manav-Mansi and the older three boys is greater ... Manav Mansi call her Mummy, while the older three call her Baa ... so Manthan being the youngest of the three, was probably pampered a lot for a long time before Manav and Mansi came along. And then the pampering shifted to Manav ... and Manthan feels left out and jealous ... there are some major undercurrents there and the actor can deliver well when his track starts...

It will be interesting when they start delving into each brother's story ... all the actors are good and they will be good to watch ...

Sanaya ... nothing more to add ... fabulous again, the stumbling and fumbling with the pallu and the sari ... the careful way she brought out the tea .. Chhanchhan's natural reaction to offer tea to Kaumudi because she would also be tired ...

... and noticed the reactions of each brother as well as Umaben when Kaumudi sat down ... jeez, bahus are not second class, but even lower on the rung ... this house needs a major shake up!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ddsoapsshowviewer

ChitraF IF-Sizzlerz
ChitraF
ChitraF

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 6:27am | IP Logged
Great post.. :)

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

showviewerDiyaS

Go to top