India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Starting to Break the Mould (Page 3)

jaya100 IF-Rockerz
jaya100
jaya100

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:39am | IP Logged
Interesting episode and great analysis as always Diya. I like your title but felt the cvs were pushing it a little by using tea as an example.  A woman who know how to make 6 cups of tea as she must have done in her parents home can make 14 cups of tea and if you can make 14 cups of lemon tea then what's the biggie in making 14 cups of regular tea...I get it was just to make a point but cvs shouldn't dumb down CC to a point where the audience can't relate to her...there's other ways to show the mould being broken.
Wow UB has some balls!!! To tell outright lies without the fear of being caught out is either really brave or really stupid!!! She got caught out with her roti's from the roti maker lie at the dining table but obviously hasn't learnt from that small incident. She knows this salwar suit thing is going to be an issue and does she really think that CC woudn't say that UB allowed it, especially to Manav. I'm a little confused at the way she behaved because I don't think she's stupid and this was a big risk. Anyway, hopefully CC will come down in a sari and UB will get caught out  and the interesting thing will be how she handles it and who picks up on the truth...I bet Manthan will be the only one to realise something is up.
Ranjana and Sanjana played right into UB's hands and decided to take up their fight for themselves in the new mutiny. I wonder how long it'll be before they realise that it's better for them to support and join in with CC instead of setting up roadblocks for her.
Manav...loved the jacket and t-shirt look but is that really appropriate office wear...but he looked so good that I'm going to forget it but would love to see him in a shirt and tie for work and CC helping him put his jacket on and knotting his tie for him...Day Dreaming
I'm loving the concept of this show but just want the cvs not to dumb it down in order to prove a point. Can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyforsanayaMeeraHKUKLotusddsoapsNewbiesoapfanOmNaMaSteOmDiyaSprincessunara

MeeraHK Coolbie
MeeraHK
MeeraHK

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:50am | IP Logged
bang on post..diya and congrats for ebing a sizzler..agree she is slowly trying to break the mould and she will be successful in tht..no doubts...jst wait i m sure the whole famil will accept cc..ub wil accept but will pretend...very gd post...Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaSNewbiesoapfan

princessunara IF-Stunnerz
princessunara
princessunara

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by jaya100

Interesting episode and great analysis as always Diya. I like your title but felt the cvs were pushing it a little by using tea as an example.  A woman who know how to make 6 cups of tea as she must have done in her parents home can make 14 cups of tea and if you can make 14 cups of lemon tea then what's the biggie in making 14 cups of regular tea...I get it was just to make a point but cvs shouldn't dumb down CC to a point where the audience can't relate to her...there's other ways to show the mould being broken.

agree n disagree!! LOL
agree - cz there is a way to expand when u r not used to.
take it from someone who doesn't know how to make a tea (I can't cz i don't drink milk tea, and as I cannot taste it I don't know how to make it)

so when guests come, and mom has to be there to talk we have a clear agreement b/w us. I use Nescafe sachet packs, 3/4th of water of one tea cup per 1 sachet pack, stir & strain and done!
So my way of doing is 14 different Nescafe cups separately if that is the amount i have to make! I make each cup individually!! So..um..this might sound dumb..but hehe my point is when cooking/food making is such an alien concept,
1 tea spoon to 1 cup of water does not always mean 10 tea spoons for 10 cups of water!! LOL

i hope I managed to say that what they showed isn't exactly that far off reality when one is THAT unused to making the food/drink item...LOL

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

ddsoapsjaya100DiyaSNewbiesoapfanOmNaMaSteOm

crazyforsanaya Senior Member
crazyforsanaya
crazyforsanaya

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 12:19pm | IP Logged
Hmmm... Manav??? Where is Manav??

I hope UB is caught in one of her lies.
Chhan Chhan should begin to realize something is fishy here. Everytime UB does something sweet for her, something goes wrong!

DiyaSNewbiesoapfan

TheGlamourgal Goldie
TheGlamourgal
TheGlamourgal

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
 As usual good analysis ...

Slowly CC is making her foot strong in the family. yeah it will not be  a cake walk but she will win the hearts of the family for sure.first step was lemon tea and it worked for her side. all the couples in the house has sort of problem between them or who knows it was created by UB to have her sons at her side. i think CC will bridge that gap too between them.Manav going to work finally cv's has listened to us.

UB has played her game again but these time with all the bahus. divide and rule policy.she is total evil but Supriyaji is fabulous. Actually i dont want CC to know UB's plan at all ,with out  any clue about it  i want her to win all the family  at her side with her love . It will be a fall for UB.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

UKLotusspiritshowviewerDiyaSNewbiesoapfanOmNaMaSteOmprincessunara

Afwan IF-Sizzlerz
Afwan
Afwan

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 6:36pm | IP Logged
Good analysis. Always love your postSmile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Krishna_12

Nice post.
Things are getting spicier now and UB is planning bigger and better tricks to make sure everyone hates CC. But I'm sure CC will win everyone's heart one by one.
Finally Manav will be going work, but that also means that he won't be at home which will be an advantage for UB.
Excited after hearing about the new promo, seems UB has found another way to get at CC under the pretext of the honeymoon. I feel they won't go though. Will have to wait and watch!

UB is coming out in the open now ... she is openly instigating the bahus against Chhanchhan ... she is either very confident that Chhanchhan will not say that UB gave her permission ... or that CC will not be believed even if she does. But doesn't she stop to think that CC might tell Manav about her conversation with Umaben? So will Manav know Umaben gave Chhanchhan the go-ahead ...

Manav has to be out of the house for some time of the day ... it's definitely more realistic that he start working ... and this is a family drama ... if he is around all the time, drama can't happen Tongue

I wonder how CC will work her way around the honeymoon ... will she suggest all the couples take a holiday one by one? LOL That will kill Umaben LOL Better still. Umaben and Babuji can go on holiday ... the younger ones will automatically be on honeymoon Tongue

spiritprincessunara

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by spirit

Loved reading your post as usual.

For the first time, I could actually stand UB and not flip the channel during one of her plans or monologues. I think they are working on her characterization...why do I feel that way?? No one else does?? Felt like she was more 'likeable' today... Don't ask about the scale of that thoughTongue

'Likeable'? Maybe "less dislikeable" ... if that is a word LOL  that is as far as I will go. I was amused at her woeful predictions about her old age ... and even more amused that the bahus lapped them up ... like really? They really believe CC will throw out UB? And what's more ... they're disturbed at the thought? I thought they should be dancing a jig LOL But I'm surprised she told such blatant lies ... she has to be really confident she won't get caught out ...

Jeez, a home where Lemon tea is breaking the mould. This is going to be long and tough ride... Ermm Oh CC what have u got urself into!!!

Are we into Bhaag CC, Bhaag again? This time she can run away with Manav ROFL
But really ... Indian tea has so many variations ... honey tea, tulsi ginger tea, ginger, lemon and honey in hot water ... lemon tea really ain't such a big deal, Umaben!

What's the deal w/ the eldest bro and his wife? All three couples barring our lead duo seem to have marital issues of some sort...doesn't look like a happy happy marriage for any of them at this point! CC sensed some trouble...today and Manav is clueless but she will obviously unearth more secrets and discover all the friction...will she help her Bhabis iron them out? So much so that things change for them - start looking up in their respective relationships? Lets see. But obviously these are issues that will come up.

Yep, ALL of them have marital troubles ... figures, since Umaben handpicked her bahus, but didn't seem to bother much about her sons' preferences in the deal at all ... There was a scene between Umaben and Babuji at the start when UB said the eldest son had left home and she had to persuade him to come back ... Guess their stories will start surfacing one by one and CC will help to sort them out. I'm quite looking forward to that ...

Like you mentioned, slowly everyone of them will begin to appreciate her more and start taking her in as one of their own. UB will be the last one...but every time one of them switches sides, things will get tougher for UB.

I think the marital woes will start after the 30 day challenge is up ... once UB has faced defeat in throwing out Chhanchhan ... and each time one couple is sorted out, UB loses more ground. Then CC will start on the archaic customs too ... she has lots to do in this zoo! Again, am looking forward to seeing how they go ...

Ub's words were kind of prophetic today I thought, what if I have to live in an ashram or someplace similar...will the family face financial trouble in the future? And will CC contribute using her education and profession? Hmm...

I would love to see that ... full circle of sorts. Umaben claimed dowry is a good custom because it helped her family in a time of crisis ... in another time of crisis, Chhanchhan's education and modern thought comes in to save the family ... that would really be good.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

UKLotusddsoapsspiritprincessunara

Go to top