Chhan Chhan

Starting to Break the Mould

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
More on traditions today ... this time, breaking them ...

Lemon tea is apparently breaking a tradition πŸ˜²  Problem for Umaben is that every time Chhanchhan breaks a tradition or brings in her own idea, one or the other son supports it. Manek supported the idea of gur with the rotlas. Manthan found nothing different in Ranjana's rotis ... obviously, there was nothing different to find. πŸ˜›
And today, Mukut liked the lemon tea. Earned a couple of Brownie points. So did Manthan and Manek.

But Mukut is not ready yet for his wife to sit with him and have a cup of tea. Uh oh ... he just lost his Brownie points.

Babuji decrees that Manav is a married man, he should start working in the office. Good thing too.  About time. πŸ˜ƒ

Umaben sees that Chhanchhan is finding her feet in the family, and she's even observing all the traditions while doing so, however troublesome it is for her. Time to stir up more trouble. Manav is obviously useless for the moment ... he's too busy trying to flirt with his wife under everyone's eyes. No trouble to be made there ... yet. Tongue

So Umaben sweet-talks a surprised Chhanchhan ... another break of tradition ... Chhanchhan can wear salwar suits ... Umaben is a wonderful saas, and CC is her laadli bahu, after all. A quick snide one about CC not having learned how to wear a saree at her maayka is thrown in almost out of habit.
CC is perfectly willing to observe the customs of the house ... she's a new bahu, after all ... but Umaben insists. CC can wear suits. πŸ€”

Next step  ... Umaben moans to the other how Chhanchhan has refused to wear sarees, and has decreed she will henceforth wear suits. And Umaben is helpless ... Manav will not listen to anyone over Chhanchhan, so suits it is for CC.
Inciting exactly the response that Umaben wants ... RS storm off to their respective husbands to demand their suit rights. Kaumudi is surprised that Chhanchhan could say such a thing.

Hmm ... Umaben told blatant lies in Purvi's wedding as well ... this is not such a surprise after all. I didn't think UB would resort to this, though .. thought she would leave it to RS's natural instincts to complain when they saw CC in a salwar suit. But she felt it necessary to strike the matchstick to the waiting flames herself. UB might just have overplayed her hand here.

Family council of war in the hall ... the brothers put forward their wives' complaints ... why are the rules not the same for all? Why does Manav get Favoured Nation status? Babuji decides to put his foot down to quell the rebellion, while Umaben plays the helpless, downtrodden wife and mother ... what can I do? She is from a different sort of family ... 
Manav is a bit surprised at the calls for Chhanchhan ... CC is getting ready, should I call her? What's the problem?
Umaben doesn't want to tell him the problem, of course ... no way!
So they wait ...

Am almost sure CC will emerge in a saree ... πŸ˜›

But precap ... I think now is when Chhanchhan will start realising that something is fishy under all the sweetness and honey ... why is no one allowed to help her make a meal? And Kaumudi tells her that no one has ever dared to contradict Umaben's word ... so will that start her realisation ... no one except Chhanchhan ...

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AdorableDevil thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
UB was too much in today's epi. Day by day disliking Ranjana more. Happy dat Manav will start working finally 
OmNaMaSteOm thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the lovey update Diya !
Unless Uma Ben is not reduced watching the show is slightly painful.

I see you are sizzlerz ! congratulations

MesmerizingSanz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Umaben is evil, chhanchhan is good
so the fight between evil and good is getting interesting day by day and i am loving your analysis
πŸ€—
Ecrivain thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hey Diya congrats  for being a sizzler 
AND FINALLY MANAV GOES TO WORK ..AMD NEW PROMO 

but don't Keep too many  high hopes and yes nice post as usual ...πŸ˜†

Logging off cu Tom bye gn 
Edited by varma.nishi1 - 10 years ago
princessunara thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
awesome analysis! as usual loved reading it!! πŸ€—

ahhh the bunch of brothers r gonna be putty in her hands very soon, specially the eldest twosome..

i have a different take..on Mukut..see he was not having a problem with his 'wife' per say sitting with him, but Kaumaadi sitting with him..
remember the clues - he is the one who left home and UB had to coax back home
and he was the one who was berated and annoyed by Manthan telling 'had u' fought mom for a love marriage...

i believe he was in love with another woman and was forced to give her up and Kaumadi knows this too. So they have a relationship he is tolerating her cz he cannot love her. They have 2 kids.. there is no marriage though..
its unfair how he treats Kaumadi and her taking it silently cz she is too innocent and actually from a poor family, bound by traditions, etc etc.

so this would be a point to ponder...and when it unfolds it would be quite interesting..

call it intuition i just feel this..

And hehe i loved how happy CC looked at the news of Manav joining office and taking up responsibility!! hmm.. so the maturity we see in CC most of the time subconsciously was waiting for this... she is glad that the boy she fell in love with...now as becomes a suitable man as her husband.. the girl is sensible and mature..another moment i saw it..

my jaw fell open when UB the drama queen pulled that one out!! 😲 i swear to god i didn't see it coming that way!! i expected EXACTLY what u did! for Ranjana to see it for herself and complain..
hehe but well UB has played her cards too soon.. she has opened herself wide and now is the vulnerable one and the ball is in CC's court and i am damn sure she will come down in the same sari she was in!! thinking at least for the day to remain in the sari πŸ˜†

hmm i wonder if u noticed, babuji is NOT interested in the bahu wearing a sari or a salwar!! he was very clear on this..
he also does not have a problem of CC not wearing a salwar had everyone shrugged and smiled indulgently and had said 'little one, let her be, she is not used to all this', he has a problem of her not wearing the same as others causing a conflict in the house..

So hope - UB explained to CC that wearing the sari in the house signifies respect to elders, but babuji thinks nothing of that sort!
So well when security and physical well being of the young girl they have brought in to their home comes against this.. cz at this point babuji will see that CC is actually NOT used to it and this difference of wearing a suit is a practical necessity and thus 'if' conflict happens over it, there will be a valid practical concern to back it.

And hehe i LOVED the little hand holding! very cute lol.. and UB seeing it and her exasperation when she sees that its Manav doing all the holding!!! 🀣 epic again!! πŸ˜†

and on ya UB does not even tell a word to Manav on what they r anticipating - her good luck i guess cz I will bet anything that CC has already told him that his mom was so nice and actually asked her to wear a salwar and said very sweet things to him as she was very happy!! he will not realize mom has lighted the matchstick and would rather think the babhis had a problem on their own.

hmm..ya ya CC will start to wonder i guess..that is something i didn't actually think about.. but now u mention it.. i guess that indeed will happen..

Edited by princessunara - 10 years ago
DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: Senorita Sanaya

Thanks for the lovey update Diya !

Unless Uma Ben is not reduced watching the show is slightly painful.

I see you are sizzlerz ! congratulations

Thanks, Harshu! 
Umaben is main antagonist ... she will be there all the time ... but I hope now CC gets a clue as to her modus operandi! Will make it more fun ... πŸ˜›
DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: khoshidarling

Umaben is evil, chhanchhan is good

so the fight between evil and good is getting interesting day by day and i am loving your analysis
πŸ€—

Thank you!!! Umaben is getting more and more devious as her plans keep flopping πŸ˜†
DiyaS thumbnail
Originally posted by: varma.nishi1

Hey Diya congrats  for being a sizzler 

AND FINALLY MANAV GOES TO WORK ..AMD NEW PROMO 

but don't Keep too many  high hopes and yes nice post as usual ...πŸ˜†

Logging off cu Tom bye gn 

Thanks, Nishi!

They got the message then ... we want Manav to WORK!!! πŸ˜† 

Am pretty sure about the saree ... but even if she comes down in salwar suit, she would have asked Manav before ... so he would know that Umaben gave the permission ... especially since he just told her to keep trying to wear sarees ... Since it is too early for them to realise that these are all UB's devious plans, I think she will wear a saree only ... πŸ˜›
Stimmy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Was waiting for ur post 😊

Congratulations on getting promoted to a SizzlerπŸ‘

Will comment on epi in another one Edited by Stimmy - 10 years ago