Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-poodles- thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Kjo 's expressions man ...

Lauren's act looked like very similar to Esha 's last yr.
Originally posted by: miraya_shivya

Kjo 's expressions man ...

Lauren's act looked like very similar to Esha 's last yr.

I know..but that one was scary..this one looks funny

anyways chal bye
The ongoing season of Colors' Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa (BBC Worldwide Productions) is being watched by one and all for the super-cool and classy performances that contestants deliver week after week. Pragati Mehta who is a big fan of the dance reality series however, is a bit disappointed with the comments coming from the judges of the show.
What is it that irks the lady? We decided to find out after we read a certain tweet by the actress on the show. "Drashti's performance was beautiful, but the judges going ga ga over her choreographer Salman Yusuff is strange. It's 'dancing with the stars' nothing abt the teacher."
Pragati went on to explain her thoughts saying, "In a recent episode Remo D'Souza told Drasthi Dhami's choreographer Salman Yusuff Khan that he was back with a bang (referring to his last year's performance). I thought that this BBC Worldwide production show was supposed to be the journey of a non-dancer learning the craft of dancing. Undoubtedly, the choreographer is good and there is no doubt about that. But by praising the professional dancer or pointing to his flaws, you seem to be taking away the hard work put in by the protge. This is like saying that the star is only as good or as or bad as his guru."
"They need to focus on the developing skills of the celebrities; Drashti was superb in the episode. Don't get me wrong; I am not saying don't give credit to the choreographer, but it is like if I go to school and work hard under the guidance of a good teacher, does it mean that I will become a best student only because of my teacher? And do you mean to say, if he/she was not as good, I will not reach where I deserve to be? If a choreographer comes to an acting show with me and the judges there say Pragati is good, I will say I have to be good and that is my job," the actress added.
Pragati also added that the original concept of Dancing With The Stars (of which Jhalak is an adaptation) is based only on core dancing (Samba, Salsa and Jive etc). "I thought it may be repetitive, but it shows the learning skills of the contestants. But out here, we add a lot of drama as we are emotional people. There are also lots of lifts which is not real dance, but simple add-ons to the performance," the self-confessed good party dancer exclaimed.
Your point is taken, Pragati!!!
Pragati Mehra livid with the judges of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa for "praising" the choreographers |...
www.tellychakkar.com
Pragati Mehra livid with the judges of Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa for "praising" the choreographers | Tellychakkar.com

Hew Tweet:

pRaGaTi mEhRa ?@pragatimehra 23 Jun

dhrashti's performance was beautiful but judges goin ga ga over choreographer is strange its 'dancing with th stars' nothing abt the teacher

Funnily each and every judge had praised DD for the act last week..even Remo did

Edited by -GhostOrchid- - 10 years ago
-poodles- thumbnail
Is she someone important ?

But I agree with her to a great extent .

I definitely dont mind them praising Salman but they are exceptionally kanjoos while praising Drashti especially Remo . Madz praises her nicely . Kjo can't look beyond Salman although he does throw in a line or two for DD .

Remo - has showered heaps of praises on every contestant web they have scored well except DD ( barring the last act when he was visibly impressed ).

None of them have mentioned or pointed out how she has improved leaps and bounds since her first perfoamce ( something I really want to hear ).

Strange - When ST does badly the judges STILL make a note of how great a dancer she is and that they expect her to perform well ..???! Doesn't make sense !
Amoureux thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Hello Guyz... 

So apparently Tushar is coming back... And with Sana... 

And i find it amusing... The choreographer got changed on the second day? 

So Tushar was pushed in as soon as he was done with Ekta ðŸ˜†

thats Pragati Mehra for you..have seen her doing quite a few roles in TV..notably Tapasya's mother in Uttaran

I agree she isnt entirely wrong..but we have to take into consideration the fact that Salman is their star choreo..he is almost a celeb himself when it comes to Jhalak..so I think the judges tend to judge him aswell in addition to DD..and I dont find anything wrong in the comment that they feel he is back..as long as they comment on her aswell..

coming to being Kanjoos to her in comments..since the last three times, I dont think so..I would agree for the second performance
they  have specifically pointed out her improvements and her pluses in the last three performances..how Remo was judging her in acrobacia and even yest
they did mention that both are doing really consistently well
besides comments are edited..we ourselves have seen it..

@ST: she has been disappointing in every performance..and them saying that she is a better dancer than she is performing after they point out how she hasnt been upto the mark (which each one of them does everytime) is a way to explain why she is still round
If they would have been calling her a good dancer without pointing out her disappointing perf.then I would have a prob
Edited by -GhostOrchid- - 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Azmatazz

Hello Guyz... 

So apparently Tushar is coming back... And with Sana... 

And i find it amusing... The choreographer got changed on the second day? 

So Tushar was pushed in as soon as he was done with Ekta ðŸ˜†

smart girl she is.,..saying all the right things

no mention of why the choreo got changed 😆

all said and done, she is a good dancer though
-poodles- thumbnail
Ami

Who said they've been consistenly good ?

Also Salman is a celeb but that still isn't a reason good enough to only praise him or praise him more in comparison to DD because at the end te show is about the celebs and not the choreos . I don't mind them praising Salman but rarely have I seen them point out her pluses and minuses like thy did after the first act .. What has she improved on , what is still lacking etc . Remo atleast should point that out ..
-poodles- thumbnail
Ha!

True ... She mustv toot ke padofied on Tushar as soon as ekta got injured .😆

How many people get selected ?

Sana and Mukti for sure ... Karan Patel too ... Vatsal I think is a good dancer as well ...

I really hope DD gets more time off ...

She's still where she was when the show began ... If there are no acts during wild card week she should just shoot a months worth bank and give time to jdj ...!
Manonidz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Done with my exams ðŸ˜³...Oh man ...life is better as a corporate slave than giving exams ðŸ¥±