Page   of 2

Surya_krsnbhakt

IF-Dazzler

Surya_krsnbhakt

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 4:26am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lucymoni

Originally posted by Surya_krsnbhakt

It is interesting. Thanks!
Though I have always had a doubt about Vedas and Puranas... why most of the gods glorified in the Vedas are not so glorious in the Puranas. I mean, if we consider both to be talking about the same deities at the same time. Not from the perspective of date of composition, but from the perspective of gods themselves.

Dead
What? Did I say anything wrong?
Why the Dead?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

mytinypaintings

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Shiva-The Origins(must read) (Page 2)" in Devon ke Dev Mahadev forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

mytinypaintings

Goldie

mytinypaintings

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 11:38am | IP Logged

Originally posted by lucymoni

It is interesting. Thanks!
Though I have always had a doubt about Vedas and Puranas... why most of the gods glorified in the Vedas are not so glorious in the Puranas. I mean, if we consider both to be talking about the same deities at the same time. Not from the perspective of date of composition, but from the perspective of gods themselves.

Dead
What? Did I say anything wrong?
Why the Dead?
my question too...but I guess the TM by mistake used that smiley.

TimenTIMEagain

TimenTIMEagain

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
So saiva sects have existed since 2nd century B.C ! Good post Lucy

Post Reply New Post

Go to top