Fan Fictions

India-Forums

Fan Fictions
Fan Fictions

SwaRon FF: Smithereens | the final chapter: PG 68 | 10 Nov'14 (Page 30)

thegameison IF-Sizzlerz
thegameison
thegameison

Crazy Creative Minion

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 4:34am | IP Logged

Right, hello everybody! Approve

So, this does work better, right? Biweekly updates will allow you all to take your time to read and comment without making me anxious, wouldn't it? Now, thanks a lot of all those really lovely comments. I had been occupied this week outside of IF, and I shall continue to do so. Embarrassed

Chapter Eight

About this chapter, we've returned to Swayum's viewpoint again. And ah, you better be on the lookout for the chapter after this one. LOL

Chapter Nine

"Friendship is really the finest balm for the pangs of disappointed love." - Jane Austen

Swayum felt feverish when he left Sharon's house that morning. She'd made sure he was kicked out of her house the moment he felt better. However, Swayum was not looking forward to a Sunday with his father. He by no means wanted to spend the remainder of his leave from office with him, with or without the records Sharon had given. She conveniently overlooked that the duo appreciated the music, not each other's company.

It was ten in the morning when Swayum pulled into the road that led to the town's cemetery. He hadn't gone to visit Rhea in a week. For, he had had to do a week's worth work in three days so he could have the rest of the week off. Occupied though he was, Rhea had not once ceased to leave his memory that week. Having visited his college after such a long time he'd felt her presence more intensely than ever. Apart from people's insufferable sympathy nothing about Swayum's trip back home had disturbed him in the least. Nearing the end of the trip though, Swayum had made an error.

Rhea's benign presence he discovered thus was only inside his head, because he felt cheerful. It had nothing to do with the college. The visit to the college grounds only haunted him, thereafter. He was not that ready to come in such proximity with the very best days of his life, yet. Besides, the emergence of happiness in his countenance had been made possible by Sharon and Sharon alone. It was stupid of him to consider doing anything sans her back there. He could make do. Vulnerability overruled everything he felt but he could survive without a friend like Sharon. He just did not see why he had to. That was when he pronounced that he was a selfish man.

Swayum stood facing Rhea's gravestone now. He hadn't realized when he'd reached Rhea being as absorbed in thought as he was. He stood there for a while. No other person had any visitor that morning. It felt strange because even if people were to visit their dead at their own leisure, what else could they rather be doing on a Sunday? It started raining by eleven and Swayum was still standing there when his phone began to ring.

"Reached home alright, sick man?" Sharon asked from the other end, sounding like a lot of food was there in her mouth. When he answered in the negative she very calmly told him to get his backside inside his gay car. He shivered slightly. He hadn't been aware of the rain till then, it seemed. Glancing at Rhea's grave one more time, making it nice and long, Swayum ran out of the cemetery to his Ford Taurus. He had forgotten to disconnect Sharon's call. "Sorry, sorry, I didn't realize. . ." he breathed into the phone, getting into the car. "Try not to die on your way back, good day!" was her reply. She hung up when the engine of his car started rumbling. Placing his phone inside his dripping wet jacket's pocket Swayum drove off.

Swayum's father was asleep. Swayum was surprised he did not catch cold on top of his fever which was relatively reduced too now. Besides, with his father asleep Swayum was naturally bound to feel better even if half his bones were broken and all his muscles, sprained. The lights were all out. He had put them off on purpose, deciding they were too bright. He needed a good night's sleep before resuming work the following morning. But Sharon was not as forgiving as she seemed when Swayum called on her in the middle of the night. Even though it was just ten in the night and it was typical of Sharon to turn up unannounced, he did not want to stay up. The food she had brought with her had made his resolution of not entertaining her well even stronger.

"Chinese, at last," Swayum muttered as she went into the kitchen to fetch plates and cutlery.

"Chinese, indeed," Sharon beamed at him when there was hardly any light inside the entire house.

"Just what I needed," Sharon did not look like she heard him irritably yell.

Swayum expressed his wish to turn in early. Sharon dismissed it as an excuse to not have Chinese food, completely overlooking the fact that he was already loading his mouth regretfully with the same. As a child Swayum had had more experiences of a happy sibling than that of a happy son. In college Swayum had had the honor of having both great love and good friends. He was engaged in matrimony as a younger man than most of his peers were. Swayum could not complain about any of his experiences so far, especially the one that culminated most recently.

But he had not noticed so far that company over food made even Chinese tolerable. He couldn't say it with certainty that nobody had tried to teach him that. They may have, but this was the first time he understood what a rich experience it was to sit down with someone over ridiculous food. The food was an abomination to his taste buds. But over the half an hour that thus elapsed he realized how limited he had been, how every ignorant he had been.

"What are you thinking about?" Sharon asked him, rendering their plates and everything into a pile of dishes to be done. She got up and went into the kitchen, plates in one hand and the disposable containers of the food in another. He shook his head when she began doing the dishes. So, she dropped them casually, soap in the sink and went back to sit on the couch. Swayum did the dishes and she didn't ask again about what he had been thinking.

"I hate Chinese food," he began, wiping the last dish.

"Thanks for the heads up," she giggled, drinking water from a plastic bottle.

"Rhea used to tell me that there's a way I might enjoy eating it and that'd be eating it with her sometime. I never did." rued Swayum.

"I'm not Rhea." Sharon said simply, scanning through her phone casually, eyes on the screen.

"You showed me in practice that she was right, though." he justified, coming back to sit with her.

"Or maybe I just wanted to tease you, Swayum," she said, chuckling.

"Fair point," he mused.

She ruffled his hair with her free hand and went into the kitchen to make some milkshake. Swayum decided it was her way of making up for putting him through a dinner he'd enjoyed more than either of them comprehended. "I miss her." Swayum told her, enjoying his milkshake. It had made discussing Rhea easier. Later in life Swayum realized it had less to do with the milkshake and more to do with Sharon. She nodded. Detached as she always looked, she was the only person Swayum could have broken that news to. He went on, "I am still in love."

"You cannot fall out of love." she said, draining her glass of milkshake.

Swayum looked like he had been slapped across the face for a second. Then he made do with already having known all about it. It had come to him only in that moment that it could not have been more natural. He decided at once to wait for Sharon to speak further.

"Now, can you do anything about it?" she implored him, taking his hand in the manner of a friend. Her really big eyes were looking at him very intensely now. Swayum didn't understand her quick shift from nonchalance to absolute investment in the moment. "You cannot fall out of love." was his answer, nodding in agreement.

"My point exactly," She released his hand and got back to her milkshake.

"You're saying, it's okay?" he questioned her.

"What is? Your being in love?" she tried to confirm but it was difficult because she was playing with her empty glass, amused by the ice cubes melting inside.

"Yes," he genuinely asked, feeling a kind of warmth toward her then that he could not name.

"I'm quite sure it's all extremely okay, Swayum." said she, took their glasses, put them in the sink and left.

The following 57 member(s) liked the above post:

stuti1995cuteeangelherambHadesVickyLoverDarkandtwistystarryLove_skmeghishrinkubathija12tanharockksSwaron4vrPallavimalhotrakamlesh32Trouble_Magnetneeliyervenusrockzprakriti4uparo13118JSmileyFace8Jmaliha_khantrisha19AninditaSwaRonCandour.damonTVDrocksanushka1129Incorrectanjuvrushanvrushanharshizk456789-Chaitra-Anomic_loner.CoffeeStains.dazedworldNehal92Sawyer_TomAnonymous---vaishnavimuralrinku90Divine_darknesssadafarsha--jiya--rosyrkohlipehlanasha.sweetydiyafrienSanskritiSprateek.007nj_SRKholicAutumn_HuesurbhimathurHR-DMG4life.Comics_Music.Swaronvrushanswaron9113sky_fighterausten_TanHaagirlhasnoname.-PyaariBhootni-

-PyaariBhootni- IF-Addictz
-PyaariBhootni-
-PyaariBhootni-

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 4:40am | IP Logged
leshhwa

me 1stShockedDancing

yayyParty

this was simply fabulous updateClap

m loovviinggg ittt

you cannot fall out of loveeDay Dreaming

loving this swaronEmbarrassed

continue soonEmbarrassed

waiting for d nxt partDay Dreaming

Edited by aishu3003 - 12 July 2013 at 4:11am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

thegameison

VickyLover Newbie
VickyLover
VickyLover

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 4:51am | IP Logged
WOW...
Loved the chap as usual...
plzz bring swaron moments sooner and i love the way sharon plays with swayam's hair and stuff...
Thnkyou soo nch fr the pm and yeah pm me bout the future chaps as well...

Once again...amazing chap

thegameison

anushka1129 Senior Member
anushka1129
anushka1129

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 5:13am | IP Logged
awesome update..
well writtenThumbs Up
swayam ate chinese food atlastBig smile
good company can make hatest food also eatable n that happen to swayam Big smile
so true you can not fall out of loveEmbarrassed
looking forward for some swaron moment..
thanks for the pm :)

thegameison

zk456789 Goldie
zk456789
zk456789

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 5:32am | IP Logged
Awesome chapter as always but please bring swaron more close to each other
Thnx for the pm
Do update soon
N pm me Wink

thegameison

austen_TanHa IF-Sizzlerz
austen_TanHa
austen_TanHa

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 5:41am | IP Logged
'Be on the lookout for the next chapter'Stern Smile, you are a tease,aren' t you?!
Coming to this update I have to admit I had the aforementioned information playing in the back of my mind as I read this so my optimistic self may have read more into Swayam's feeling of warmth towards Sharon than u intendedConfused but one can always hope,rightTongue
"I'm still in love"-Swayam's confession had me hurting and exhilarated in equal measure.The former,for Sharon,obviously and the latter coz the confession gives me hope that he may finally be able to let go.
Your work is as usual par excellence and I want to commend you on keeping the suspense alive still.Normally the ending becomes kinda predictable by the time the ninth chapter is revealed but u are among the very few writers whose work its impossible to predict.Cool

thegameison

SanskritiS IF-Rockerz
SanskritiS
SanskritiS

Posted: 11 July 2013 at 6:13am | IP Logged
Awesome update Smile
Loved the Swaron convo

thegameison

nature2 IF-Stunnerz
nature2