Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sawyer_Tom thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
Chapter 9

Right. So all this talk about milkshakes has me craving for one. For some reason, in the last part of the chapter I was more engrossed in the milkshake than I have any right to be. Bottom line, I want a milkshake.

Okay, enough about milkshakes. Let's talk Chinese food.

How?!? Just how can one not like Chinese!? I refuse to understand that. There can be no excuse. Chinese food is bloody awesome. Nuff said.

Moving on to the actual chapter, this one is all about going through the five stages of grief starting from denial and arriving at acceptance. Okay, I don't know what the middle stages are. I keep forgetting them. Anywho, Swayum looks like he is almost at the last one, though not quite there. His wife still haunts him and will haunt him for the remainder of his life. For those who are dead never truly leave us but stay with us - in here. Here being the heart. Harry Potter quotes. You gotta love 'em!

I digress.

Above anything else, Sharon is just trying to be a good enough friend to the man she is in love with. That requires considerable effort considering the aforementioned man is still in love with his dead wife. One can't get over that or race past it. Only accepting it will help. 

One more, dude.

Love,
En.
Edited by Sawyer_Tom - 10 years ago
Sawyer_Tom thumbnail
Chapter 10

Okaaay whaaat?!?

I did NOT see that coming. I must be losing my touch. Huh.

Swayam losing himself in monotonous work to escape all the things he needs to reflect on is something I feel everybody can connect to. How many times have we tried to lose ourselves in routine just to escape the tedious thoughts of our mind? It's very commonplace, though whether it's healthy or not I can't really tell.

Swayum has some real issues with his father. I won't say he needs to sort them out. Let's just leave it at that.

As for Sharon, she does seem to do what she likes. That girls rocks! 

I love the way you brought up the whole 'I'm in love with you' part. The fact that you didn't actually mention it, is what makes the scene so great. Sharon didn't really say those words but then again actions speak louder than words. Swayum picks it up, ever so promptly. It's her pain that clues him in on that fact and not something cheesy like her staring at him like a lovestruck puppy. But then again, when have you ever been comfortable with cheesy? She tries to search for some reciprocation but her disappointment at not finding any gives him conviction. He is sorry. So very sorry. But he can't help matters much. I personally feel the kiss was more physical on his side than emotional. And he doesn't want that. Least of all with Sharon. He wants it to mean something. Sharon is sure but Swayum is confused. I think we are going to see some rather interesting conflicts up ahead.

I can't wait three months even if Swayum can. So you have my permission to update woman. Go on, do it. 

And oh this time, leave me a message on facebook before you do. I'd like to reserve a nice little spot. 

Love,
En.
anushka1129 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
awsome update asusal😃
omg swaron kiss..
but still it doesnot affect anything😃
thanks for the pm ..
update soon..
dazedworld thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
whoa...
they kissed ?!? like really.. amazing !

great chapter once again...
pls continue soon and ty for the pm...
Lassi_TanHa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
just read last two chapters now.. the story is becomg more n more interesting.. Swaron kiss😳.. will b waitg for nxt update
Myra. thumbnail
Romance haan?

Cool writing Kankshita.. lovely desccription! Finally they kissed! :)))

surbhimathur thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Swayam doesn't like his dad, like seriously man. And then the wandering soul buries himself in work, justified  But then, you seriously made this happen kankshita! They kissed. Ah finally, but you know the good part is your story is going in full direction. Every part has a reason here, like if the kiss happened, it happened at the right time. Then swayam's thoughts about sharon and vice-versa, its all going good. All reasonable 👍🏼
Nd 'am sorry for being late.

That was a Woah Update! 😆
Oke sry lame, bt that was a very cool n nicely written update. 👍🏼
Sawyer_Tom thumbnail
Whatever happened to biweekly updates? 🤓
prateek.007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
                                                            Chapter-10

I was really waiting for this update,Just loved all the moves of SwaRon particularly in this update,I really like that quotation of callie torres from grey's anatomy..So moving on,i like the way of swayam dislikiing his father..Their is a rigid reason behind it..Now,the complete SwaRon part was amazingly done..i like all the statements..Loved the way finally they kissed,The emotions and their description was beautifully potrayed..I enjoyed last part,really that was amusing..So,its amazing

Great work
Sorry for late here
Thanx for PM

Prateek
Edited by prateekdave7 - 10 years ago
thegameison thumbnail

I'm extremely tired and messed for a note at the beginning. I'll communicate when I update next. Till then, thank you and stay tuned, okay? Enjoy. 😳

Chapter Ten

Chapter Eleven

"We are homesick most for the places we have never known." Carson McCullers

Mr. Shikhawat was frail, his breaths rapid. His sons were standing, rooted to the spot by the side of his bed. Swayum looked pallid and Reyansh, unfeeling. When color arose in their cheeks it was hot scarlet, the mark of devastation. The brothers looked in opposite directions so none could see the insipid tears spilling out of each other's eyes. Everything was wasteful. Everything was falling to smithereens before their eyes. They tried to avert seeing the dying silhouette of their father but they could see it. Their father jerked in his bed, he shivered and mumbled their mother's name. Then the black shape of his body on the ground was still.

The scene shifted. Swayum was holding the hand of his bride's corpse. Her skin felt cold, her thin fingers prickly. Her tiny chest showed no sign of vitality. There was barely any hair on her scalp. Her lips were breathless and cracked. They did not feel like dew drops on lush rose petals when he kissed them. But he kissed them and everywhere his lips could reach until she was taken away. Their next meeting was at the church. Clad in a long-sleeved white frock she rested peacefully inside a coffin. That was the last he saw of her physically.

When the scene shifted a second time Swayum was partially awake. For, he could feel the agitation innumerable beads of sweat across his face were causing to him. Sharon's tattoo was visible above a grey sports bra. Her hair was held in a very tight ponytail. She was dancing to very loud, very groovy music. Having been a dancer himself in his college days, Swayum identified her dance at once as a therapeutic one. Digression took over and Swayum was sitting with Sharon on the bonnet of her '67 Chevy Camaro, kissing her on the mouth. Swayum was awake before he could find whether he allowed his hand under her shirt or not.

Such were Swayum's dreams for three months. In a nutshell Swayum's life was office and nightmares after Sharon left town to visit her father. On weekends while his father would watch the news or a game he'd go through Rhea's photographs, trying very hard to ignore her appearance from when she was about to die. For, he was not afraid of what became of her afterwards. He revisited the sight every night inside his head. On one such Sunday Swayum's phone started to ring and vibrate. His father glanced at him nastily because it was disturbing his game. "Sorry," he mumbled and picked up his phone. It was Simmi.

"Hey," he said hoarsely, clearing his throat.

"Hello, there!" she greeted him and informed him that she'd put him and Sharon on conference. "Okay, fine." Swayum grimaced. He couldn't hear Sharon, she was silent. Simmi went on for five minutes during which Swayum discovered that she was marrying an English investment banker named Rich Baker. "Keeper is what's written all over this description." Sharon commented and her voice filled Swayum's ears and warmed his insides. She was laughing but it was outwardly. Then, he heard Simmi apologizing to him for forgetting he was there too. "That's fine." said he.

"So, I'm calling to invite you both to my wedding." Apparently Simmi did not know Swayum and Sharon were not in the same town at the moment. Swayum informed her to which the girls said "we know, shut up." in unison. Swayum could not catch the rest of the conversation. He only remembered later that he had promised Simmi to see what he could do and had hung up. Was Sharon returning, then? It occurred to him that maybe she was.

And she did. She arrived in town the following Thursday morning. They'd arranged to see each other at the Airport itself because Swayum had offered to pick her up and she had agreed. When Swayum saw her reaching him he noticed that she looked petite. Her hair looked as though it were thinning and there were dark circles under her eyes. Her eyes looked rather fiendish, like she was not a creature that took any sleep.

"What the hell is up with you?" was his greeting for Sharon when he pushed her into his chest.

That caused her bags to fall out of her grip. She took a while to reciprocate. Swayum was choking her and he did not let her go even after it struck him that she might be feeling smothered. She was hugging him back now and he was ecstatic to hold her, his best friend of more sorts than imaginable. Grief and fear like he couldn't explain were knotting his stomach. It had something to do with the way she looked, unwell and grave. Rhea had looked like that for two years and Swayum could not endure seeing that unhealthiness even on a stranger's face. Therefore, that he felt horrified and frightened to see Sharon look the way she did would be no understatement.

She tossed her hair out of her eyes as they broke apart. Swayum took one her bags and she took the other, the older silver one and they walked out together without a word. Sharon asked him if it was okay of her to take the backseat and lie down a little. He nodded curtly, unable to explain why he was so averse to the wish she expressed. Later he understood that it again had everything to do with her looking so unwell. He acted like she wasn't allowed to.

"I miss my babe; she hasn't been washed in three months." Sharon exhaled. She sounded every bit as healthy as unhealthy as she appeared. Swayum had to bite back the urge to stop driving and get into the backseat to hug her out of relief. He drove on and she lamented about her separation with her car some more.

"Is it okay if I say I missed you?" he asked, unloading her luggage, refusing to let her do it.

"Nay, I missed you too. It's all good." she beamed at him, ruffling his hair.

"So, are we putting it past us?" he asked uncertainly, dragging her bags now.

"You are." she said casually, walking slowly behind him.

"And not you?" he asked, nonplussed.

"I can't." she reminded him. And he decided to shut up lest he would hurt. Neither of them could take the blow of it.

"So, why do you look so ghoulish?" he asked, ringing her bungalow's doorbell.

"Nice choice of words," she chuckled and he chuckled back, unnamable warmth washed over him. "Why?" he pressed and she took her time in replying. They were in her room now. Sharon was already unpacking and Swayum was telling her every ten seconds to give it a rest. Gradually she started looking more fatigued than was in Swayum's might to overlook. He panicked and very sternly got her to sit. She thus began, "I had to have a minor surgery."

"When were you going to tell me about it?" he spat. "What had happened?" he quickly added, looking ashen.

"My shoulder, I resumed dancing and something clicked and another broke and I was in the ER." She giggled and continued thus, "I should have taken it seriously. The injury intensified after I began dancing again and so, I needed the surgery." Swayum looked pale but felt relieved. It was not anything as serious as he had seen already.

"You look like a shoulder injury isn't enough." she noticed laughingly.

"From where I see it, it isn't." he smiled satirically at her and got up to leave, saying he had got to get back to his office. She nodded and got up too. He side hugged her and left, after which they hardly ever met. Swayum couldn't put a finger on any reason that explained why. He could not requite her for how she felt but she was not the kind of person to do away with somebody she loved. She cannot have even if it pained her in more ways than tangible. Swayum had heard in stories and read in books and watched in movies that people changed and friends broke apart. It came to him as a wee bit of a shock that even when people did not change something between them sometimes just broke. He understood that he missed whatever it was that had broken. He yearned for the irreparable to feel like it did before that something had broken. Swayum decided he could not describe what he was missing.

He was now standing in front his old penthouse. It was locked and unoccupied. On enquiry from his old neighbours (all of whom made sympathetic noises in his face) he learned that nobody knew the whereabouts of the present owners of Swayum's home. Vivid images of his life inside that house with Rhea flashed across his mind. He wanted to have a look inside but he did not and left, again without looking back once.

He feared when he now entered his home somehow he might begin to consider it a haunt. The problem was the nature of his plight. Alone and lonely were two different things and Swayum was big chunks of both. Homesick, miserable and hopeless, Swayum went to sit in the backseat of his Ford Taurus. He stretched out his legs on the seat, rolled up all the windows of the car and dialed his brother's phone number on his cell phone. Over the next fifteen minutes Swayum explained to Reyansh that he sucked for not turning up at Rhea's funeral. He told him something of Rhea and how he coped with her loss. He told him that he had chanced to reunite with an old friend from college called Sharon and how she became his best friend but she ended up falling in love with him. His lips played host to a very light but heartfelt smile when his elder brother informed him that he had one hell of a life.

"This is the part where I either say I'm flying down to town or you come over here to unload a gun in my brain, right?" Reyansh confirmed and his brother answered in the positive. Five minutes later, Swayum was on his way to his apartment, considering different ways of breaking the news to his father. The possibility that Reyansh may visit them soon was not going to go down well between any of the Shikhawats.

Edited by epiphany. - 10 years ago