Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

prateek.007 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Finally reading this after long age,I was too engrossed with work and used to get less time to resume here @IF but anyways loved the update seriously..The development of characters are worth progressing,just loved the way rey's bonding with sharon,Surly i am gonna miss him..Now loved the understanding and matureness of sharon,Whatever she is doing in this story,i used to love her character more n more..In swayam case,i only say,he is like big confused soul right now whether to accept the fact that he is falling for sharon or not..He need to realise as soon as fast..I literally want to read his side confession..Glad to know that sharon already loves him..So i am just looking forward to an update and somewhere i got curiosity here..

And yes,as u said before,I literally didnt get PM but anwyays leave it,it doen'nt matter..But yes whats wrong with ur weekly update programme..😆

Keep update soon as ur comfort,will be waiting.

Prateek
Edited by prateek.007 - 9 years ago
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Chapter Eighteen

"The truth," Dumbledore sighed. "It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution." - J.K Rowling, Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone

That 'The Spellwork of the Dyslexic Warlock' by Leah Hope is a most illuminating read was the topic of discussion at the dining table Saturday morning. Of course first Sharon gave an ode to her civic responsibilities in telling her father that Swayum could not have been allowed to leave their house the previous night. Therefore, it can be concluded that Swayum was embarrassed during cornflakes. But by the time omelet and toast arrived Swayum had become engaged in the plot of 'The Spellwork of the Dyslexic Warlock' by Leah Hope. Sharon emphasized that saying out the whole thing every time was important.

"Okay, Sharon. If Swayum had kids I am sure he would have gotten a copy for them." Her father told her, eyeing Swayum though.

Before Sharon could ask her father to speak the whole title, Swayum said, "I'm not sure if my wife would have allowed that." He added quickly, Sir."

"There is a Harry Potter quote on her grave." Sharon said to herself, looking at neither but at the AC vents.

"Rhea wasn't anti-fantasy. She wouldn't have liked our kids to know about dyslexia."  Swayum said.

Dyslexia is a psychological disorder and Rhea died of cancer. But the cancer changed her. She had believed in updating the children on science and reason along with nurturing their imagination. It's just cancer had taught her that reason is too brutal and more often than not, stunts the growth of imagination almost immediately.

Then, there was Sharon.

Her childlike love for imagination would have died too if she had melanoma. The permanent sheen of a dream covering her eyes would be lost around the second session of chemo. Her nights would not be spent reading novels written for children but writhing in pain. Such pain she would not be able to tell him if he asked her where it hurt. The fact that Swayum imagined all this through the course of coffee showed him the mirror, metaphorically speaking.

In the mirror he saw the extent of his brokenness and his doubts or rather what he had come to consider a fact. That people may not give up on hope but they break inside. That hope is slow poison. That children and grownups should learn science and reason alike because reason throws curveballs and when it does, both children and grownups come to know that they are pretty much the same. Vulnerable and helpless.

"Swayum," Sharon said to the tune of Separate Ways' by Journey, looking at the fridge now.

"Yeah?" He said, putting the coffee mug down and realizing her father had excused himself and was gone.

"I am Peter Pan." She winked at him and smiled the brightest smile she had ever smiled. To him, that's to say.

"The hell you know what I was thinking?" Swayum was nonplussed.

"Occulumency, Swayum," She laughed, got up and kissed the top his head to leave.

"Because fairy dust wouldn't explain it?" Swayum shouted after her, laughing too.

"Yes, Sir." She chimed and then Swayum heard the door close.

Swayum was a nonbeliever but he was in love with her.

Rock and her '67 Chevy Camaro were her favorite things about which to think. Bookkeeping and bartending came second. Swayum however was squeezing his way in the middle. Not that she hadn't loved him before, she had. Her affection was increasing, perhaps as a response to the affection he had begun to show. Hence, she thought more of him. You see, Sharon was a believer and she could love him her entire life without receiving any. It's just that being loved back is a bit nicer than just loving. She chuckled and noticed that her grin was painful, being too big for her jaw to accommodate.

When she rolled her car into the parking lot near her nightclub she was pleased to see her favorite parking space vacant. She neatly parked her '67 Chevy Camaro, said her momentary goodbyes to the same and smilingly entered the bar. Until six in the evening she was in her office, listening to random twenty-first century music. But clearly that did not go down well with her.

"New music depresses you, doesn't it?" Swayum chuckled at seven when she passed him his martini.

"I don't know depression, you are forgetting something." She looked at him with twinkling eyes.

"No, Peter, I have a good memory." He laughed and then she laughed but their laughter was not loud enough to drown out the twenty-first century music that Sharon's customers seemed to like so much.

A few days later, when Sharon's car and her other love were away she was found sitting next to her father on a sofa. Mr. Raiprakash's room was beige in color and the sofa in question was a dark grey. The only not critical-and-soon-to-die aspect of her father's room was this wall. This wall was entirely about her mother. There were her pictures, some solo and some with baby Sharon. Sharon noticed that baby Sharon did not look as happy as her. There was a rather big picture of Mrs. and Mr. Raiprakash too and it was the only not-critical-and-soon-to-die picture of her father in existence. She wondered why people liked straight faces so much.

"I laugh when I hear a good joke," her father pointed out because she wondered audibly and that too, loud.

"Our time's too short to wait for a good joke, Daddy Dearest," She said mockingly but in earnest.

"But long enough to wait for a widower who doesn't love us?" Mr. Raiprakash counterattacked.

Sharon stood up, bowed in reverence of how she had been trumped by her father. Therefore, he had to crack a smile. Sitting back down, she told him the following. It is crucial that we know what she said.

"You have only one shot at a son-in-law, Father." She smiled.

"So I noticed,"

"Yes, don't push it."

She did not seem like Peter Pan.

"Why are we near a hospital, Sharon?" Swayum sacredly asked.

"I ran into a minivan sometime ago, pretty much my whole body needs tests every now and then." She brightly said in the tone that people use to narrate their best childhood memory to a friend. "But today they test just my head," she added.

"Am I needed?"

"Not unless you got my head injury pregnant." She sagaciously said, patted his shoulder and left.

While Sharon was gone, Swayum thought about Sharon and Rhea. Lately he had been thinking a lot about the women he loved and never about one without thinking of the other. So, when one thing about Rhea led to another about Sharon, he decided that he had to do something about his fear of hospitals. Sharon was a woman prone to accidents and as much at risk of cancer as the next person. Or in accordance with her genes, what the hell! The point really was that Rhea would have liked him to face his fears. She was disappointed that he was more afraid of her illness than she was. Regardless of whether it was Sharon or Rey or his father, Swayum did not want that repeated.

"For now my head injury is not pregnant. But we can always wait until the results tomorrow." Sharon informed him.

Startled that she had not only come but that her '67 Chevy Camaro was already in motion, Swayum blinked rapidly. Excessive thinking made him dizzy. Then there was Sharon's speed tonight. On his inquiring, she fondly told him that she was making Babe exercise a bit. At the traffic signal, she petted her car lovingly.

"No music?" He noticed and asked, confused for real.

"Oh, yeah, I am listening to silence for two hours today."

He let her listen to silence and listened to it himself. Something told him that Sharon could explain to him all that there was to Silence and its tunes and technique. For that reason and others, he loved her. But he loved Rhea too and so, he decided to join Sharon on her way to the doctor the following evening.

"We are proud of you." Sharon announced, on her behalf and on that of her car.

"And I will be of you if you're quick." He politely smiled his fear at her.

The doctor whose name is of no consequence to us smiled benignly at Sharon. Swayum and Sharon took the chairs opposite the doctor's. While the doctor made small talk with Sharon, Swayum began to find the wood of his chair interesting. But when the small talk lengthened a bit he started. Starting almost at once, he asked the doctor the following in exactly the following manner.

"WHAT DOES SHE HAVE?"

Edited by epiphany. - 9 years ago
Candour. thumbnail
Yess!!! :) Update!:D

Res! 
will unres after reading!:)

Unres!

"I am Peter Pan". I don't know why but this made me sad and vary of an unknown sadness on the way. Don't tell me Sharon has something wrong with her. He will not be able to live with it. I will not be able to bear that. Its like all the childlike-ness of Sharon will backfire and turn her into someone of her own age forcibly. Revenge of the nature!:( 
I am always bowled over by Sharon's personality. How she squeezes Swayam between her main two preferences. Classic Sharon! Sharon's dad though pushy, at least tries to understand her.
Swayam is being absolutely true to his situation. How he relates Sharon and Rhea is absolutely natural. How he loves Sharon, yet its difficult for him to believe that! How he wishes Sharon remains nonchalant and kiddish, filled with everlasting optimism. I so wish his wish comes true.

Two requests, Please don't hurt Sharon. (Yup! i am teary eyed, for some god forsaken reason)
And please update quickly this time!:)
Edited by acceptng_lyf - 9 years ago
..MiStLeToE.. thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Shit.Finally :) :) :)Reserved.
^Unreserving^

Finally you updated.I love this ff so much.
Now with this update,I am scared about Sharon. . .I just dont want anything to happen to her.She is always all positive but then people who are happy n smiling all the times are the most lonely and hurt. . .Sharon's father I guess he just want to see Sharon happy inspite of whatever flaws he carries within himself :) Swayam was too scared to come with Rhea during her chemos and she was disappointed I hope Swayam will be there with Sharon when she needs him.

Kankshita,Update this ff regularly!Pretty Please!

Much love,
Chitra 😊 Edited by ..MiStLeToE.. - 9 years ago
Dreamer3003 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
beautifully penned updatee👏
hopefully sharon has nothing serious
continue soonish😊
zk456789 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Peter pan part was awesome
Now waiting what happened to Sharon
Thanks for the pm
Do update soon
-Raj- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
beautiful!!!
you just write so well!!!
hopefully Sharon us fine!
that peter pan bit was amazing!!
lovely writing!!
thanks for the pm.
agreatperhaps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey. You updated. Waited long enough for it.

Okay, now Swayam was debating between his two loves was interesting. And you know one thing about your writing is, you make love feel interesting and not mushy like some people do. And I breathe change when I read your works. 

Well then, illnesses to loved ones change people, and the fear of hospital. Swayam handled the situation fairly well, I say. Towards the end, it became interesting. He was scared for Peter Pan, I quote. 

Doctors can be irritably long in coming to the point.
Anyhow, I fairly enjoyed the update. 

Love
N. 🤗

agreatperhaps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hope the next one is sooner, K
Incorrect thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
beautifully written
loved it