Do ACTRESSES really get films on their MERIT?!!!

Posted: 10 years ago
πŸ€£πŸ˜‰πŸ˜²  So, what is this about Deepika pitching herself for Shuddhi with Hrithik?  I thought her natural performances in Cocktail, Race 2, and YJHJ would get her the film on merit.  So, it doesn't matter how well you act or perform.  It is all about who you know.    Or in other words, who has the best banana?  πŸ€£  Anyway, I have yet to hear about any actress who gets films on their own merit, well except perhaps Vidya or Bebo (now I find that hard to believe πŸ˜³).  Do ACTRESSES really get films on their MERIT?!!!  Please share your thoughts and make it juicy.  πŸ₯³ Edited by NaughtyGaurav - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I can toss example of Priyanka!

She had only one film that also Zanjeer before Barfi came out! She was blacklisted from whole film industry and no one was taking risk to work with her!

But aftr Barfi things change.. She got Mary Kom, Milan talkies, Gunday and will post probably get Zoya Akhtar's next also!

Originally posted by: vedant123

I can toss example of Priyanka!

She had only one film that also Zanjeer before Barfi came out! She was blacklisted from whole film industry and no one was taking risk to work with her!

But aftr Barfi things change.. She got Mary Kom, Milan talkies, Gunday and will post probably get Zoya Akhtar's next also!

Zanjeer doesn't even have a release date.  πŸ˜•  It looked stale from day 1.  She just did it for $$$$.  We all know that.   πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰   Mary Kom looks like the best film from her list.  You didn't mention Kriish 3.  πŸ˜²  We all know that will be a hit by default.  Gunday looks dull and Zoya's looks interesting!  I hope Peecee doesn't have her affairs with SRK and those boys on the side.  πŸ˜­
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6
to be honest i don't believe in this rumours...especially masand rumours which is becoming stale...

actress does get work for their own merit...like deeps was written off...but when she bounce back with cocktail..race 2...yjhd...every film makers wants her to star in their films...while during her bad phase days after her break-up with ranbir...all her films were flops and she was written off badly...i believe whether its PC or Deeps...offers comes by itself becos of their talent ...if now ask deeps abt shuddhi crap...i am sure she will brush off the rumours within seconds though yes she would love to work with hrithik some day...she has been always honest abt her work related news...
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Not most of them but a few do... Vidhya Balan does...
Mages thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: desicrowd

Not most of them but a few do... Vidhya Balan does...

i second that...from the current lots...its vidya...pc and deeps who gets films on their own merits...no matter what nonsense their PR post or masand digs...😑...after Ranjhaana...sonam will join the league tooπŸ‘

as for kats...i am not sure...πŸ˜†
nicegirl_good thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
All actresses sleep with producers and get movies
It's pretty evident 
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: ilovedhanjanird

All actresses sleep with producers and get movies

It's pretty evident 

How is it evident???
gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Vidya Balan has got to be the only actress in BW who gets signed before the male lead does. So hell yes, at least one of them gets films solely on her merits.

Tinah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I do believe that some untalented actresses make extra effort to hang out with the heroes so that they get recommended for their films..Off the top of my head, I can think of Katrina with Akshay, Sonakshi with Akshay, Asin with Akshay...who else? πŸ˜• I think the key is to make sure you've got the directors at the palm of your hands...like Deepika did with Ayan..despite Ranbir wanting Katrina for the role in YJHD, Ayan always wanted Deepika...and now Imtiaz too wants Deepika...