Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

YET TO WATCH EPI, ALREADY UPSET WITH MANAV (Page 2)

crazyforsanaya Senior Member
crazyforsanaya
crazyforsanaya

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:10pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by ..SaNaYaHoLiC..

Woah! Why? Relax, he's human! Shocked And how did he treat her like shit? I was a bit upset too when I saw that but you need to understand that Manav has grown up in this house seeing everyone like this. He doesn't know how uncomfortable CC is in saris or what she thinks about all the rituals and ways of the BS family. He needs time. When he sees the sari on fire, he will understand himself. The last bit of your post is a bit too much.

I think people need to relax. This is turning into a bigger issue than it really is. :S

How did he treat her like shit?
Did he ask her her preferences for wearing a saree? Just assumed, right? WHY? Does he think she should not have any will or preference? Or that she does not have any say in her life now that she is married?
So he grew up in a house where he saw all that. Well, the same can be said of her, right? And since he did marry her, why is he not thinking of his wife?? He doesn't know that his wife is uncomfortable... did he ask her?? Did he bother to find out why "bhabhi" said what she did?? Did he ask her what happened?? Chhan Chhan at fault, too. She should say what she feels instead of being subservient to him and his family! Granted she wants to "fit" in, but at the expense of losing herself??
So you think the last bit is too much? Maybe. I haven't watched the epi, yet. But from what I have read on the Forum, it seems she was standing on attention to serve him and his parents and brothers whilst they were stuffing their faces! That's disgusting. treating their wives like second class citizens. Or servants!! Even the housekeepers in my house eat at the same time as we do!!!!

Edited by crazyforsanaya - 24 June 2013 at 3:14pm

crazyforsanaya
crazyforsanaya

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by golpokobita

I think after watching the episode, you would feel bad about your post.

Such strong post on the basis of hearsay only????
I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY hope so! I hope I don't get disappointed with Manav. I had such high hopes for him with Chhan Chhan. But was he eating without her?? Or not? That is bothering me more than the saree incident.

Edited by crazyforsanaya - 24 June 2013 at 3:16pm
crazyforsanaya
crazyforsanaya

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DramaQueen.

I agree that he should have supported her in front of Rajhana but he still did support her when it was only the two of them. So obviously, he hasn't married CC to "make her his servant" as you say. I think you're overreacting and going too far. I'm sure Manav himself will understand. Many men learn things after marriage.
What's the point of insulting in front of everyone and supporting in private??
If many men learn things after marriage, then why not the same standard for women??
What's good for the goose should be good for the gander, too!
..SaNaYaHoLiC.. Goldie
..SaNaYaHoLiC..
..SaNaYaHoLiC..

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:20pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazyforsanaya

Woah! Why? Relax, he's human! Shocked And how did he treat her like shit? I was a bit upset too when I saw that but you need to understand that Manav has grown up in this house seeing everyone like this. He doesn't know how uncomfortable CC is in saris or what she thinks about all the rituals and ways of the BS family. He needs time. When he sees the sari on fire, he will understand himself. The last bit of your post is a bit too much.

I think people need to relax. This is turning into a bigger issue than it really is. :S

Did he ask her her preferences for wearing a saree? Just assumed, right? WHY? Does he think she should not have any will or preference? Or that she does not have any say in her life now that she is married?
So he grew up in a house where he saw all that. Well, the same can be said of her, right? And since he did marry her, why is he not thinking of his wife?? He doesn't know that his wife is uncomfortable... did he ask her?? Did he bother to find out why "bhabhi" said what she did?? Did he ask her what happened?? Chhan Chhan at fault, too. She should say what she feels instead of being subservient to him and his family! Granted she wants to "fit" in, but at the expense of losing herself??
So you think the last bit is too much? Maybe. I haven't watched the epi, yet. But from what I have read on the Forum, it seems she was standing on attention to serve him and his parents and brothers whilst they were stuffing their faces! That's disgusting. treating their wives like second class citizens. Or servants!! Even the housekeepers in my house eat at the same time as we do!!!!

This is why you need to watch the episode!

Manav wasn't even there when they were "stuffing their faces" This part happened before Manav came into the house to surprise CC. She was going to sit with the family to eat dinner but Ranjhana stopped her saying the bahus eat after the others have eaten. Your argument is valid (about this point only) but your anger towards Manav is not justified. He wasn't even there!

And about him asking her about her comfort level, do you realize it has only been one night since Manav came back?! He fell asleep, in the morning got up and Ranjhana bhabhi came. He had no time to interview her about her comfort level, or what she thinks!

I'll say it again. Please calm down Shocked

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

rth81SizzlingPaRud-crazyforsanayaEtherealSanz..ayshaomarragzz.

crazyforsanaya
crazyforsanaya

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:25pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Ang3LzHalo

Stern Smile

Um... I think you should watch the episode first then make a post. Your reaction is a little extreme.
I hope so! You are right. I haven't watched the epi yet and may be over reacting. But..

He did not support her in front of "bhabhi"
He ate without her? (I don't know this... As I said I haven't watched the epi yet, just from the Forum...)
She was standing on attention to cater to his parents and brothers (and him??) whilst they were stuffing themselves? I hope not!
I would love to be wrong
I would love to make a post tomorrow to say I put my foot in my mouth

All the lovey-dovey does not make a difference to me, if he is not treating her right. In fact that would just go on to show how insulting it is for her. That is what he thinks of her. That she's only good for that!

Of course, I'm praying to make a post tomorrow, on how big my mouth is!
SizzlingPaRud- Senior Member
SizzlingPaRud-
SizzlingPaRud-

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:27pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by DramaQueen.

I agree that he should have supported her in front of Rajhana but he still did support her when it was only the two of them. So obviously, he hasn't married CC to "make her his servant" as you say. I think you're overreacting and going too far. I'm sure Manav himself will understand. Many men learn things after marriage.
What's the point of insulting in front of everyone and supporting in private??
If many men learn things after marriage, then why not the same standard for women??
What's good for the goose should be good for the gander, too!

Everyone?! Who did he "insult" her in front of? Only Ranjhana bhabhi! Listen, I'm not saying Manav was right. I didn't like that bit either but getting so mad over something like this and saying he treated her like shit is going too far. Why don't you just watch the episode then come back and tell us whether you still think the same?!

Yes the same standards apply to all. Chhanchhan has things to learn, and so does Manav. It has been TWO days in Chhanchhan land! Give it a rest Stern Smile 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyforsanaya..SaNaYaHoLiC..

crazyforsanaya
crazyforsanaya

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:30pm | IP Logged

This is why you need to watch the episode!

Manav wasn't even there when they were "stuffing their faces" This part happened before Manav came into the house to surprise CC. She was going to sit with the family to eat dinner but Ranjhana stopped her saying the bahus eat after the others have eaten. Your argument is valid (about this point only) but your anger towards Manav is not justified. He wasn't even there!

And about him asking her about her comfort level, do you realize it has only been one night since Manav came back?! He fell asleep, in the morning got up and Ranjhana bhabhi came. He had no time to interview her about her comfort level, or what she thinks!

I'll say it again. Please calm down Shocked
I want to calm down. But I am so disppointed in Manav.

He fell asleep, in the morning got up and Ranjhana bhabhi came. He had no time to interview her about her comfort level, or what she thinks!

But he did have the time to make a comment like "You'll learn."

But your response has made me feel a bit better. I guess, I'm hoping, no, I'm praying I make a post tomorrow to apologize my tirade.
But right now... GRRR!! MAAANNAAAVVV!!!!
Chaandaniya IF-Rockerz
Chaandaniya
Chaandaniya

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
I think your going too far with this post watch the episode first before judging! 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

crazyforsanayagolpokobita

Go to top