Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed

India-Forums

24th June, some thoughts on characters (Page 3)

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:12am | IP Logged
The way Raj is marching in and out of Divya,s room , is he not bothered that he is compromising with her reputation . he has wife at home also . 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

misti73Myra.nelly

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 1:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Angie12

Originally posted by misti73

I am a bit confused as to what was showed today. I am only talking of the screenplay and how they are progressing with the story'''I am sorry it is a bit long so proceed with cautionWinkEmbarrassed.

Misti,  is that really you?  I thought writing long was my style.Wink Yeh yeh I know EmbarrassedBut nevertheless, I loved reading your analysis better than what was shown in the episode.   I am not sure how they are interpreting their characters or if their intent is to show this destructive love (first Raj and then Sarita) and consequences of such obsessions as well as disastrous results of playing with emotions of people (even if done with best of intentions).  But as an audience, I am finding them as you have interpreted them.I too don't think that is their intention but the way they areshowing the different characters this is how they are also coming across to me.

Raj after tying the strap of Divya's kurta tells her that doesn't she know that her Raj won't do anything that will either give her pain or that she won't like. But he did go to her room to apply lipstick on her when the doors of her room were wide open. Didn't he realize it then that if anyone sees them, it will be Divya who will have to bear the brunt of the insult and that it will pain her? Or did the cvs read the comments and realize that they have gone too far with this lipstick obsession of Raj's and this is their way of letting us know that the lipstick scene was an anomaly? Because it does not make sense that on one hand he is saying that he will not do anything that might harm her and then he goes to apply lipstick on Divya. Or does he know deep inside that something is not clicking with what Divya is telling him and he is testing her'''.he did say that even though she has told him that she has come back for him, he has been observing that she shrinks when he approaches her. Coming to the not doing anything that will give Divya any pain, will he realize that him neglecting Sarita and not giving her the rights of a wife has actually given Divya pains and have made Divya so guilty that she is ready to wreck her life so that Sarita gets justice. Will that make Raj give his relationship with Sarita a second chance?

Probably they are now trying to show a slow realization of Raj, or maybe they have got feedback from viewers and now trying to correct their mistake.  I think the intent was to show Raj as this emotionally dead person who got so detached from everything that he stopped caring for himself or anybody else in an emotional sense.  Divya's coming back has given him hope and slowly he is coming back to perhaps the way he was.  But in their obsession for the theme (lover helping the wife get the love of a husband), they have made his character quite contradictory.  They went to extreme where they showed that he let his wife sleep on the floor for 10 years despite it being a public knowledge that they did not have relations.  I know that they are trying to show that everything in his life (bed, front seat in the car, bike rides) were meant for Divya and that's why he did not give Sarita the right to use them.  That Divya the ex-lover is going to make sure Sarita gets those rights.  But in the process, they made him look very selfish and cold.  I don't understand this obsession of these makers to make their tracks in such a way that they can get the desired ending or fulfill their theme.  That's why we are not getting meaningful scenes of Raj and Divya where they would have a heart to heart conversation.  We got that pretty lame confrontation a week ago. Yes to all here..by the way Sarita did get her right to sleep on the bed today.Wink

So here I am interpreting that Raj initially was ecstatic that Divya came back on her own fully knowing that he was married and breaking her own wedding.  So he interpreted it having her back as his girl friend and is reliving the past.  But now he has started to see a contradictory behavior where she is not comfortable around him and he is starting to question it.  But did they have to show this way.  On Friday and even yesterday, they were showing him as a stalker the way his shoes were shown while approaching Divya.  Divya was shown to look scared (I know fear of her own feelings for him and also fear of his intense emotions), but the scene did not come out like that and seemed very haphazard.  In the end, they did show that he was interpreting his marriage as null and hence in his typical way is not thinking that unless he approaches court, he is still married both legally and in the eyes of society.

Raj is shown as one who doesn't care about his family's opinions.  But he does care for Divya's pain.  So this seemed again either a contradiction or it is his evolution as finding something strange about Divya's visit. I hope its an evolution and that it will slowly grow as him accepting Sarita because he does not want Divya to be blamed for Sarita's condition.

Coming to what Raj told Divya that marriage without consumption is null and void, he is saying the truth (I don't know about the 7 years part but it is true that such marriages are annulled). Divya has been exposed to the outer world, so did she not know of this fact? Or is she aware of it but still she is helping Sarita to get her rights because she knows that in small towns even if the marriage is annulled the stigma falls on the wife, irrespective of the fact whether she is guilty or innocent. Also since Sarita approached her, did she sense the desperation in her and thought that the only way to manage this situation is for Sarita to get her rights? Because if Sarita is not helped it will not be that difficult for her to slip into a much darker world ruled by bitterness, insecurity and jealousy and that's why she is always trying to pull her from those dark negative thoughts by painting a much rosier picture which unfortunately might be building her delusions more. What will happen if Raj does not accept Sarita? What will happen to Sarita's mental state if her delusions break apart? Deep inside she does know the truth but since she prefers to maintain her delusions it seems that she prefers her delusional world than the real world.

It does seem that Divya senses Sarita's desperation and knows first hand her bitterness and low self-esteem.  So she seems to be giving her all these false hopes to bring her out of her depression.  But they are not showing Divya getting aware of Sarita slipping into a dark world.  She is still shown to be interpreting it as Sarita's great love for Raj .  Also she has so much guilt of being a cause of this marriage not working out, that she is not realizing that she is playing with emotions of another human being. The not realising that Sarita is slipping into dark world and not realising the dangerous signal of self harm as something to worry about was evident today. Don't know whether she thinks that it is not so serious and Sarita can be taken care of by giving positive thoughts and that Raj will come around once he understands and accepts reality. They did show her realisation that she is playing with Raj's emotions when she was showing acknowledging that she has taken a false pledge on his head. This brings me to another question, if she is aware that she is playing with Raj's emotions then isn't her planning to get married to Gaurav mean that she is also playing with Gaurav's emotions. Or does she think that since she has openly told Gaurav the truth and he is still ready to marry her...it is ok for her to proceed with this marriage.

Sarita knows the truth deep inside.  She even accepted it couple of times  - one when she did walk out on Raj and the other time when she was talking to Shiela.  But she wants to listen to those only that feed her delusions - first it was Dadi and now it is Divya.  If Divya starts telling her something different tomorrow, she would react very badly.

Raj and his family are to a great extent responsible for Sarita's slip into this kind of delusional world.  But did she have symptoms of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) even before the marriage?  Of course, creatives are not showing any background.  But the way they have shown Sarita after leap makes me wonder.  She of course retailiates if Kamla abuses her.  But she was very agressive when Kamla threatened to send her to her parents.  She at that time dared her to do so.  She is very disdainful of Raj's family status and thinks of them as inferior to her own family.  She has told Divya again and again that she is only tolerating these wild people for Raj's sake.  So it seems that even though her family is rich and powerful, she absolutely never wanted to leave this place of abuse.  Now somebody would say that it is an arranged marriage in a non-metropolitan city.  Bhopal is one of the biggest cities of Madhya Pradesh and so have all kind of people - modern and conservative.  But even in arranged marriages and conservative families, a girl would talk to somebody from her family about her situation or walk out at least once especially if she is part of a rich family.  So if she could leave after 10 years, why not move out even once in 10 years.  So unless they show that she is coming from a family that has no value for a daughter and expects her to stay at her inlaws forever,  I find it hard to buy this argument that a woman does this in an arranged marriage.  So Sarita to me is coming out to be the one who is having a lot of issues.  Sarita not wanting to leave most probably because she is in love with her husband Raj and not with Raj the person. She also desperately wants her marriage to be a success. Sarita is not the only Indian girl who reacts like this and it has nothing to do small town/big town or conservative/progressive families. There are some values that one grows up with which are very difficult to break. For us it might be a delusion but for Sarita that is very real that she has got married and now she has to take care of her husband and in written the husband will take care of her. That once one gets married that it is forever and even if her heart is telling her the truth her values and emotions are pulling her back. But this stubborness in her to get what she wants and not caring for others feelings is a bit disturbing.This pigheadedness should have been there in her even before marriage because stubborness to this extent cannot be a new thing that she has developed.  I wonder how would Sarita react if Divya's plans backfire or do not succeed.  She will probably turn on Divya in a vicious way.Most probably.

Actually, it is a very bad message to show if creatives are going that route.  I don't want the message to be that if you tolerate abuse and neglect for 10 years, it does pay dividends eventually.  Yes it is a bad message becuase in real life it does lead to very volatile situations which usually ends in disaster. So one should not break a marriage.  I can see people tolerating marriage for their kids' sakes.  As you said, it is preferable to take a divorce once your kids are grown up as that is the time when they would be least impacted.  Of course if one is living in an abusive environment, they should leave at the earliest regardless of kids' age.Yes one should leave an abuse environment if they cannot protect themselves and their kids. Usually I have seen cases where people have walked out because they have realised that it is negatively impacting their kids. If there is no abuse and there is only bitterness due to spending the life with someone whom someone does not want to spend their life with then if they think that after settling their kids, its better to go separate ways then I don't see any harm in that thought.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 2:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

[

..by the way Sarita did get her right to sleep on the bed today.Wink

I haven't seen the episode, but I have read the update.     Couldn't he get a new bed for Sarita?  Now besides Divya, I am feeling sorry for Paavni the pavitra palang.

So Sarita to me is coming out to be the one who is having a lot of issues.  Sarita not wanting to leave most probably because she is in love with her husband Raj and not with Raj the person. She also desperately wants her marriage to be a success. Sarita is not the only Indian girl who reacts like this and it has nothing to do small town/big town or conservative/progressive families. There are some values that one grows up with which are very difficult to break. For us it might be a delusion but for Sarita that is very real that she has got married and now she has to take care of her husband and in written the husband will take care of her. That once one gets married that it is forever and even if her heart is telling her the truth her values and emotions are pulling her back. But this stubborness in her to get what she wants and not caring for others feelings is a bit disturbing.This pigheadedness should have been there in her even before marriage because stubborness to this extent cannot be a new thing that she has developed.    
Sarita does have a lot of issues and I accept that she is in love with Raj the husband.  She doesn't even Raj the person because she keeps on thinking that Raj may hit her or be happy at her death.  That's why I cannot accept that she loves Raj.  If she can think he is this kind of person, why would you feel love for such a person. 

I agree that people grow up with certain value system and they could be coming from any kind of family.  It is just hard for me to relate to a character of such a girl who despite other options, has destroyed 10 years of her life because she wanted a husband's love.  She would have probably lived like this had Divya not come back to this city.   I do have sympathy for her, but it gets very limited when I see a single mindedness in her goals without caring for anybody's feelings (Divya or Gaurav or even Raj). 

I too think that this stubborness or obsessive type of personality was there before.  This is based on what has been shown so far.  Her happiness in the photo and then during the wedding night seemed so strange.  No matter what assurances were given to her, she had to know that this guy was not looking happy as he was so stone faced.  So why no apprehension or doubts that he may not want her. 

As far as Divya is concerned, I was initially planning to write that Divya was playing with both Raj and Gaurav's emotions.  But then Raj is the main one because he is unaware of Divya's motives and also he is very intense.  If Divya leaving him even though he knew it was for a valid cause turned him into an emotional wreck, what will happen to him now once he realizes that Divya just used his love for her to make him accept an relationship.  

Divya is doing injustice to Gaurav in some sense, but it is with his permission.   She has been honest with him.  He is the one who has chosen to still remain part of this relationship.  So he is going in with open eyes.  Not that it makes it right and also he may get messed up after a certain point too because he has expectations deep down.  That's why he got insecure when Divya called Raj's name in the temple and wanted assurances from her.  He sort of realized his error in a short while, but he does have expectations that one day Divya would care for him in the same way.     

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

misti73Neerjaa

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index