Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed

India-Forums

24th June, some thoughts on characters (Page 2)

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Soniaman

Misti really to read your thoughts...now i watch this show after reading your and angie s thoughts...and i mis the episode on friday...LOL ok SoniaWink
i am making sme poimts which i do nt like...
Divya living in raj s home is undigestable for me...and it also might be undigestible to loads of other audience too. I can understand where you are coming from. To me it is completely senseless. It would have been better if Divya had done what she initially wanted to do...just had a conversation with Raj or had a series of conversations with Raj where she would have been open with him.
Divya comes in doli,do nt understand,is it necessary to show like this?????Execution has been one of the problems with this show. When they showed that scene they did not explain whose idea was it. Since they did not show that audience might have either thought that it was Divya's idea and in turn would have been turned off by Divya or might have been left confused. Both are bad for the show...one is supposed to emotionally connect with the lead character and not distance one from the lead character based on how she has been projected on the screen. Later on it was shown through dialogues that it was actually Sohanlal's idea. Now this is what I can accept based on how they have projected Sohanlal. He is someone who is hell bent on impressing Divya and so he is own world might have thought this way of welcoming Divya might impress her. But they should have explained it when they were cshowing that scene and not a week later.
And this mudikhayi part,they can name it as some other ceremony!! Yes they can name it as someother ceremony...they could have kept this just as introducing their new guest who is a well known star to their family and friends. Many people do have parties introducing their guests to their friend circle. 
Divya s family and gourav is completely out of picture...because zee tv usually does not know how to deal with parallel tracks at the same time.
There is connection of actions of characters...
Till the end ,sarita will suspicious of divya and raj and it leads to the loniless and destruction for divya only...
There is good theme,but writers failed badly in executions...and again hurry will pay for this channel...Yes the story is there but the makers have failed massively with the execution.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 3:55am | IP Logged
 First , Hats off to you Misti for analyzing the show , After reading your comments  just saw the show and honestly speaking , it really puts you off . Just was thinking , does these makers not have any social responsibilities to society . Movies are just for 2-3 hours , goes for with never ending story . First Sarita - Does she think , hurting herself will bring Raj closer to her when that fellow never cared how she was being abused or working like a maid ?Is she dumb  ? Where are her parents , also disappeared , not once shown , if after ten years she was leaving then where to . If her parents are powerful , does this museum would have let her go . nothing fits logically 
 Raj - who just realize after she is injured that he cares for her as a human , where was his humanity for the last ten years , when because of him , she was taunted with all kind of taunts . Divya . what she thinks , staying with close proximity to Raj ., breaking her marriage at last moment , what signals it gives to Raj ? As for LOVE which is the second word after PV , in this whole show , Divya did not know that Raj got married , she would have married if Sarita has not reached there . As for Gaurav kind of person , first respect then you start caring for that person . They have belittled the meaning of love . People move forward in their life . Should be strengthening the woman in these kind of situations but coming out with weird ideas about satyavan , savitri . Why so many people are separating in middle age after settling their kids specially in upper strata of society . Have seen many people turning their love in to bitterness later on . Really pity the channel , who once was progressive has become regressive . Yes love sometimes wants their own ,s happiness also
                you never know when Sarita or the other one will turn in to psychopath , experience with the past history of this channel .

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

misti73Myra.nelly

misti73 IF-Sizzlerz
misti73
misti73

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 6:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Neerjaa

First , Hats off to you Misti for analyzing the show Thanks Neerja  , After reading your comments  just saw the show and honestly speaking , it really puts you off . Just was thinking , does these makers not have any social responsibilities to society .The makers do have a social responsibilty because TV is a powerful media to influence people but unfortunately makers do not think that they have any social responsibilty and that anything can be shown for melodrama. A responsible person will show all the negative things in society but will also show what can be done to counter all these or what are the remedies.    Movies are just for 2-3 hours , goes for with never ending story . First Sarita - Does she think , hurting herself will bring Raj closer to her when that fellow never cared how she was being abused or working like a maid ?Is she dumb  ?No she is not dumb...to me she is dellusional and prefers to believe in her make belief world because that is what has helped her survive for the past 10 years in an abused environment. If Sarita was dunb then she would not have thought about getting payal for Divya so that she can keep an eye on her. Where are her parents , also disappeared , not once shown , if after ten years she was leaving then where to . If her parents are powerful , does this museum would have let her go . nothing fits logically  That is one of the loopholes in how Sarita has been depicted. If her parents are rich and powerful then why are they not applying pressure on this family so that they treat her well. Does she hide all this from her family but her MIL is quite open about her abusive ways so how come they have not heard anything about it? Are they so conservative that they prefer their daughter to be tortured in her in laws house. It is not that they are poor and helpless. Then earlier itwas shown that Sarita is threatening her MIL that she will tell her parents and that scared her MIL then howcome the FIL is not caring about her parents's reaction whe he is planning Raj's second marriage with Divya.
 Raj - who just realize after she is injured that he cares for her as a human , where was his humanity for the last ten years , when because of him , she was taunted with all kind of taunts . Raj actually cared for life even when he was in his lost state. He protected Divya from being sexually abused when he didn't even see her face initially. He also switched off the fan so that Sarita does not get cold. So he was aware of Physical discomfort/hurt. What he did not care for was emotional torture and abuse. Maybe it is to do with this family because he has seen his mother being also abused by his father and grandmother. His mother is still existing and is taking as a aprt of life, maybe that made him think that it is not so serious. So I think Raj wiuld have also protected her from physical harm if this had happened when he was lost in his own world. With Divya around he has now realised the extent of emotional torture that Sarita has gone through and yesterday for the first time he was talking of finding ways to see to it that Sarita does not go through any more emotional pain and he was making that his responsibility.Earlier although he knew that Sarita was not happy, he did not think that it is his responsibilty but the family's responsibilty to see to it that she is remarried and leads a better life.     Divya . what she thinks , staying with close proximity to Raj ., breaking her marriage at last moment , what signals it gives to Raj ?Yes that is a problem and I am wondering whether her talk with Raj yesterday will make her think that she has to get married to Gaurav to finally prove to Raj that she has got over him and has moved in life and so he should also do the same. As for LOVE which is the second word after PV , in this whole show , Divya did not know that Raj got married , she would have married if Sarita has not reached there . Yes she would have but that does not mean that she would have stopped loving Raj. She will always love Raj but over time Gaurav might make another place for himself in her heart.  But that will only happen if she genuingly moves on.I think she still needs time to get over Raj if she wants to move on. for Gaurav kind of person , first respect then you start caring for that person . They have belittled the meaning of love . People move forward in their life . I don't see them belitilling love...they have shown different forms of love...first love...destructive love...obsessive love...mature love...these are all different forms of love. The probelm is that they have not done a good job in executing the show. So although good things are there, the audience might be getting irritated by the way they have executed the show.Should be strengthening the woman in these kind of situations but coming out with weird ideas about satyavan , savitri .Yeh and I hope that Savitri refernce has some link to Sarita mental state and not just absrd soapy comparisons. Why so many people are separating in middle age after settling their kids specially in upper strata of society . Have seen many people turning their love in to bitterness later on . Well if people make compromises and are not happy with the compromises whcih they have made but think that they made it becuase they did not have ay choice then chances are that they will turn bitter. Neerja I prefer people going for a divorce after settling their kids becausein this way they have finally realised that they were leading empty lives and maybe they are in some way stopping their bitterness from harming their kids and grand kids. I have known of a lady who let bitterness regardingher own marriage effect the marriages of her son's. Really pity the channel , who once was progressive has become regressive . Yes love sometimes wants their own ,s happiness also
                you never know when Sarita or the other one will turn in to psychopath , experience with the past history of this channel . Thats true. Until now no one is negative but who knows whats in zee's mind.

Edited by misti73 - 25 June 2013 at 6:38am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 8:31am | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

I am a bit confused as to what was showed today. I am only talking of the screenplay and how they are progressing with the story'''I am sorry it is a bit long so proceed with cautionWinkEmbarrassed.

Misti,  is that really you?  I thought writing long was my style.Wink But nevertheless, I loved reading your analysis better than what was shown in the episode.   I am not sure how they are interpreting their characters or if their intent is to show this destructive love (first Raj and then Sarita) and consequences of such obsessions as well as disastrous results of playing with emotions of people (even if done with best of intentions).  But as an audience, I am finding them as you have interpreted them.

Raj after tying the strap of Divya's kurta tells her that doesn't she know that her Raj won't do anything that will either give her pain or that she won't like. But he did go to her room to apply lipstick on her when the doors of her room were wide open. Didn't he realize it then that if anyone sees them, it will be Divya who will have to bear the brunt of the insult and that it will pain her? Or did the cvs read the comments and realize that they have gone too far with this lipstick obsession of Raj's and this is their way of letting us know that the lipstick scene was an anomaly? Because it does not make sense that on one hand he is saying that he will not do anything that might harm her and then he goes to apply lipstick on Divya. Or does he know deep inside that something is not clicking with what Divya is telling him and he is testing her'''.he did say that even though she has told him that she has come back for him, he has been observing that she shrinks when he approaches her. Coming to the not doing anything that will give Divya any pain, will he realize that him neglecting Sarita and not giving her the rights of a wife has actually given Divya pains and have made Divya so guilty that she is ready to wreck her life so that Sarita gets justice. Will that make Raj give his relationship with Sarita a second chance?

Probably they are now trying to show a slow realization of Raj, or maybe they have got feedback from viewers and now trying to correct their mistake.  I think the intent was to show Raj as this emotionally dead person who got so detached from everything that he stopped caring for himself or anybody else in an emotional sense.  Divya's coming back has given him hope and slowly he is coming back to perhaps the way he was.  But in their obsession for the theme (lover helping the wife get the love of a husband), they have made his character quite contradictory.  They went to extreme where they showed that he let his wife sleep on the floor for 10 years despite it being a public knowledge that they did not have relations.  I know that they are trying to show that everything in his life (bed, front seat in the car, bike rides) were meant for Divya and that's why he did not give Sarita the right to use them.  That Divya the ex-lover is going to make sure Sarita gets those rights.  But in the process, they made him look very selfish and cold.  I don't understand this obsession of these makers to make their tracks in such a way that they can get the desired ending or fulfill their theme.  That's why we are not getting meaningful scenes of Raj and Divya where they would have a heart to heart conversation.  We got that pretty lame confrontation a week ago. 

So here I am interpreting that Raj initially was ecstatic that Divya came back on her own fully knowing that he was married and breaking her own wedding.  So he interpreted it having her back as his girl friend and is reliving the past.  But now he has started to see a contradictory behavior where she is not comfortable around him and he is starting to question it.  But did they have to show this way.  On Friday and even yesterday, they were showing him as a stalker the way his shoes were shown while approaching Divya.  Divya was shown to look scared (I know fear of her own feelings for him and also fear of his intense emotions), but the scene did not come out like that and seemed very haphazard.  In the end, they did show that he was interpreting his marriage as null and hence in his typical way is not thinking that unless he approaches court, he is still married both legally and in the eyes of society.

Raj is shown as one who doesn't care about his family's opinions.  But he does care for Divya's pain.  So this seemed again either a contradiction or it is his evolution as finding something strange about Divya's visit.

Coming to what Raj told Divya that marriage without consumption is null and void, he is saying the truth (I don't know about the 7 years part but it is true that such marriages are annulled). Divya has been exposed to the outer world, so did she not know of this fact? Or is she aware of it but still she is helping Sarita to get her rights because she knows that in small towns even if the marriage is annulled the stigma falls on the wife, irrespective of the fact whether she is guilty or innocent. Also since Sarita approached her, did she sense the desperation in her and thought that the only way to manage this situation is for Sarita to get her rights? Because if Sarita is not helped it will not be that difficult for her to slip into a much darker world ruled by bitterness, insecurity and jealousy and that's why she is always trying to pull her from those dark negative thoughts by painting a much rosier picture which unfortunately might be building her delusions more. What will happen if Raj does not accept Sarita? What will happen to Sarita's mental state if her delusions break apart? Deep inside she does know the truth but since she prefers to maintain her delusions it seems that she prefers her delusional world than the real world.

It does seem that Divya senses Sarita's desperation and knows first hand her bitterness and low self-esteem.  So she seems to be giving her all these false hopes to bring her out of her depression.  But they are not showing Divya getting aware of Sarita slipping into a dark world.  She is still shown to be interpreting it as Sarita's great love for Raj .  Also she has so much guilt of being a cause of this marriage not working out, that she is not realizing that she is playing with emotions of another human being.

Sarita knows the truth deep inside.  She even accepted it couple of times  - one when she did walk out on Raj and the other time when she was talking to Shiela.  But she wants to listen to those only that feed her delusions - first it was Dadi and now it is Divya.  If Divya starts telling her something different tomorrow, she would react very badly.

Raj and his family are to a great extent responsible for Sarita's slip into this kind of delusional world.  But did she have symptoms of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) even before the marriage?  Of course, creatives are not showing any background.  But the way they have shown Sarita after leap makes me wonder.  She of course retailiates if Kamla abuses her.  But she was very agressive when Kamla threatened to send her to her parents.  She at that time dared her to do so.  She is very disdainful of Raj's family status and thinks of them as inferior to her own family.  She has told Divya again and again that she is only tolerating these wild people for Raj's sake.  So it seems that even though her family is rich and powerful, she absolutely never wanted to leave this place of abuse.  Now somebody would say that it is an arranged marriage in a non-metropolitan city.  Bhopal is one of the biggest cities of Madhya Pradesh and so have all kind of people - modern and conservative.  But even in arranged marriages and conservative families, a girl would talk to somebody from her family about her situation or walk out at least once especially if she is part of a rich family.  So if she could leave after 10 years, why not move out even once in 10 years.  So unless they show that she is coming from a family that has no value for a daughter and expects her to stay at her inlaws forever,  I find it hard to buy this argument that a woman does this in an arranged marriage.  So Sarita to me is coming out to be the one who is having a lot of issues.  In fact, I wonder how would Sarita react if Divya's plans backfire or do not succeed.  She will probably turn on Divya in a vicious way.

Actually, it is a very bad message to show if creatives are going that route.  I don't want the message to be that if you tolerate abuse and neglect for 10 years, it does pay dividends eventually.  So one should not break a marriage.  I can see people tolerating marriage for their kids' sakes.  As you said, it is preferable to take a divorce once your kids are grown up as that is the time when they would be least impacted.  Of course if one is living in an abusive environment, they should leave at the earliest regardless of kids' age.  

Edited by Angie12 - 25 June 2013 at 10:36am

misti73Neerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 8:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by misti73

Back in Divya's room Sarita is hiding and Raj also lands there worried that what Digya had told him regarding Sarita's future death might turn out to be true. He openly acknowledges that if it is true then he doesn't want to rue the fact that he did not do anything when he had time because Sarita has not led a happy life in his house (his guilt finally coming out and he wants to do something about it in contrast to when he expected the family to set things right for Sarita). Divya heaves a sigh of relief and tells him to love Sarita and like Savitri bring Sarita back to life from death. Does she mean that Raj's love is the only thing that can bring back Divya from hurtling into disaster ...to pull her back from the darker world that she is rushing into? Or was this just normal soapy language regarding creating melodrama? When Raj refuses to love Sarita because he already loves Divya...she reminds him that one can love again because love does not have boundaries and it is possible to love again once a person has moved. But does Divya not realize that Raj is keeping in hammering that he loves her so he is still not over her? In fact he has not been over her for the past 10 years. Or are the makers going to show that both Raj and Divya were in love with an image that they created of each other and since they did not have closure they were clinging onto that image and now it is the time to move on? Or is it that Raj won't move on until and unless Divya does something that will bring her down in front of Raj and help him to move on from her to Sarita? Divya also tell him that he himself knows that it is possible to love someone else because he himself has written about it in his plays implying that the author of a play does leave a part of himself in his or her's creation. Since Divya was using his own words to make him accept that it is possible to move on...     Raj openly challenges her saying that all that she has said is true but has she moved on in life? Implying that it depends on person to person...some can move on and some cannot...if she cannot move on then she has no right to tell him to move on. Then puts her hand on his head and asks her to day why she did not marry Gaurav and that whether it is really possible to move on. Divya tells him the truth because that's what she did...she decided to marry Gaurav because she decided to move on since Raj was married. It does not mean that she has stopped loving Raj...that love will always be their but she decided to give herself chance to let someone in her life and with time maybe will love that person too (she hinted at Gaurav this part when she told her that she does not love him now because it is an arranged marriage but did not say that she won't love him ever)...but she avoided telling him why she did not marry Gaurav . Divya tells him that after seeing the outer world she has realized that it is possible to move on...but can she move on? I know she can't move on until Raj has given the rights of a wife to Sarita but will she be really able to move on if for instance Raj gives the rights of a wife to Sarita? If she cannot move on will she go back alone to Mumbai and let her work help her survive or will she accept her life with Gaurav as something one needs to do in life...or will she leave all this behind and go somewhere else where no one knows her.

Misti, I hate it when creatives throw these Savitri/Satyavan references because it is all for melodrama.  Their interpretation of Savitri/Satyavan is always flawed anyway.  Savitri was a strong character who did everything for a soulmate.  She was a rich princess and had a very liberal father who gave her freedom in making all her decisions.  She married Satyavan - a poor prince who had lost his kingdom against her father's wishes because she fell in love with him.  Then she with her strong will power and faith changed his and his family's life.  But in serials, they tend to show this story as one-dimensional story of Savitri to fit in their serial bahu character.

Here my feeling was that they are thinking that they are giving progressive lines to Divya.  It is all for melodrama and not for the reasons you have mentioned.  They are showing everything very superficially without going into depths of these characters. 

Divya has not moved on despite her deciding to marry Gaurav.  She does feel sad at the thought that Raj would eventually move on with Sarita and will fall for her.  She wants him to do that but she gets sad thinking about it too.  Probably the best thing would be for her to move away from this city once she has helped Raj move on his life.

Finally, Raj caring for Sarita is not in any way coming as falling for her.  It is a combination of humanity and atonement for past neglect when he cares for Sarita.  So I hope they don't show him from being in love with Divya in one minute to falling badly for Sarita in 20 days because that will not be either realistic or believable.   Both Raj and Divya can move on in their lifes with Sarita and Gaurav respectively and eventually learning to love/care for them without forgetting each other.  But it is a slow process and does not happen in  a short time.  Also, there is always a little wishful thinking somewhere where one wonders how the life would have been with that first love. 

I am also wondering why they are not showing Gaurav.  He was very concerned about Divya going to that house.  So how come he is not meeting her or talking to her.  Why can they not show Divya's family being worried about her or Gaurav trying to talk to her?  The execution of this show needs major improvement where they are not involving all characters. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

misti73NeerjaaMyra.nelly

Myra.nelly IF-Sizzlerz
Myra.nelly
Myra.nelly

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Hmm, Angie...you are quite concerned abt Gaurav's absence lately!

Angie12misti73Neerjaa

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 9:50am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Myra.nelly

LOL  No,  I am just missing his sane self among all delusional characters.  Also, my sympathy for Divya is increasing based on all the stuff that is going around her.  So she needs a confidant and that is Gaurav at the moment.

misti73NeerjaaMyra.nelly

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 10:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Myra.nelly

Problem is , the person who was worried about Divya taking this step , is disappeared totally , how it can be . you have mobiles , can talk as friends . He is mature person ,

misti73Myra.nelly

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index