24th June, some thoughts on characters

misti73 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

I am a bit confused as to what was showed today. I am only talking of the screenplay and how they are progressing with the story'''I am sorry it is a bit long so proceed with cautionπŸ˜‰πŸ˜³.

Raj after tying the strap of Divya's kurta tells her that doesn't she know that her Raj won't do anything that will either give her pain or that she won't like. But he did go to her room to apply lipstick on her when the doors of her room were wide open. Didn't he realize it then that if anyone sees them, it will be Divya who will have to bear the brunt of the insult and that it will pain her? Or did the cvs read the comments and realize that they have gone too far with this lipstick obsession of Raj's and this is their way of letting us know that the lipstick scene was an anomaly? Because it does not make sense that on one hand he is saying that he will not do anything that might harm her and then he goes to apply lipstick on Divya. Or does he know deep inside that something is not clicking with what Divya is telling him and he is testing her'''.he did say that even though she has told him that she has come back for him, he has been observing that she shrinks when he approaches her. Coming to the not doing anything that will give Divya any pain, will he realize that him neglecting Sarita and not giving her the rights of a wife has actually given Divya pains and have made Divya so guilty that she is ready to wreck her life so that Sarita gets justice. Will that make Raj give his relationship with Sarita a second chance?

Coming to what Raj told Divya that marriage without consumption is null and void, he is saying the truth (I don't know about the 7 years part but it is true that such marriages are annulled). Divya has been exposed to the outer world, so did she not know of this fact? Or is she aware of it but still she is helping Sarita to get her rights because she knows that in small towns even if the marriage is annulled the stigma falls on the wife, irrespective of the fact whether she is guilty or innocent. Also since Sarita approached her, did she sense the desperation in her and thought that the only way to manage this situation is for Sarita to get her rights? Because if Sarita is not helped it will not be that difficult for her to slip into a much darker world ruled by bitterness, insecurity and jealousy and that's why she is always trying to pull her from those dark negative thoughts by painting a much rosier picture which unfortunately might be building her delusions more. What will happen if Raj does not accept Sarita? What will happen to Sarita's mental state if her delusions break apart? Deep inside she does know the truth but since she prefers to maintain her delusions it seems that she prefers her delusional world than the real world.

Anyway back to today's screenplay, Divya knows that she has to get out of the room and she throws a jug to break glass pane. This girl can go to any extent for other's happiness. Raj protects her by wrapping his arms around her and he also saves Sarita from the falling chandelier. Both were done out of concern...the first was also done for love while the latter was I think due to caring for a human life, specially of someone who has looked after him for the last 10 years. Sarita has gone so deep into her delusional world that she can do anything to have Raj...she knew that her life was in danger but she did not budge...she was in her own world because finally Raj has shown concern for her after 10 years. Divya the saner one has been brought down to earth that playing with life is not a joke and she does not want to tempt fate again but Sarita is now self harming to get Raj's attention and she is refusing to back down. I am hoping that with all the la la la songs in the background the makers are not being irresponsible enough to show that self harming to get your "lover's" attention is ok because self harm is considered to be one of the first signs that something is not right. I am also hoping that the la la la is going on in Sarita's head and that makers are trying to show that Sarita is going deeper into her delusional obsessive world to such an extent that now she is waiting with anticipation that what other ways can she put herself in danger to get Raj's attention...and Divya is worried and trying to talk her out of all this. Coming to Sarita she did say that she can do anything for love...will she be able to get over this obsession of hers and pull herself back because she might realize that her obsession for Raj is ultimately hurting him emotionally?

Back in Divya's room Sarita is hiding and Raj also lands there worried that what Digya had told him regarding Sarita's future death might turn out to be true. He openly acknowledges that if it is true then he doesn't want to rue the fact that he did not do anything when he had time because Sarita has not led a happy life in his house (his guilt finally coming out and he wants to do something about it in contrast to when he expected the family to set things right for Sarita). Divya heaves a sigh of relief and tells him to love Sarita and like Savitri bring Sarita back to life from death. Does she mean that Raj's love is the only thing that can bring back Divya from hurtling into disaster ...to pull her back from the darker world that she is rushing into? Or was this just normal soapy language regarding creating melodrama? When Raj refuses to love Sarita because he already loves Divya...she reminds him that one can love again because love does not have boundaries and it is possible to love again once a person has moved. But does Divya not realize that Raj is keeping in hammering that he loves her so he is still not over her? In fact he has not been over her for the past 10 years. Or are the makers going to show that both Raj and Divya were in love with an image that they created of each other and since they did not have closure they were clinging onto that image and now it is the time to move on? Or is it that Raj won't move on until and unless Divya does something that will bring her down in front of Raj and help him to move on from her to Sarita? Divya also tell him that he himself knows that it is possible to love someone else because he himself has written about it in his plays implying that the author of a play does leave a part of himself in his or her's creation. Since Divya was using his own words to make him accept that it is possible to move on...     Raj openly challenges her saying that all that she has said is true but has she moved on in life? Implying that it depends on person to person...some can move on and some cannot...if she cannot move on then she has no right to tell him to move on. Then puts her hand on his head and asks her to day why she did not marry Gaurav and that whether it is really possible to move on. Divya tells him the truth because that's what she did...she decided to marry Gaurav because she decided to move on since Raj was married. It does not mean that she has stopped loving Raj...that love will always be their but she decided to give herself chance to let someone in her life and with time maybe will love that person too (she hinted at Gaurav this part when she told her that she does not love him now because it is an arranged marriage but did not say that she won't love him ever)...but she avoided telling him why she did not marry Gaurav . Divya tells him that after seeing the outer world she has realized that it is possible to move on...but can she move on? I know she can't move on until Raj has given the rights of a wife to Sarita but will she be really able to move on if for instance Raj gives the rights of a wife to Sarita? If she cannot move on will she go back alone to Mumbai and let her work help her survive or will she accept her life with Gaurav as something one needs to do in life...or will she leave all this behind and go somewhere else where no one knows her.

Edited by misti73 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

goolab thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Me too dont like the way the story is going
Frist dont like what divya is doing she going to break raj heart again
And sarita she dont see raj only worry for her but dont love her
Eveytime she hear raj talk to divya how much he love her
She still dont give raj his freedom
Angie12 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Misti,

Really good points.  Something is not gelling for me in this show.  Today's Sarita's behavior of cutting herself made me think that she needs counselling and soon.  Divya is way out of her depth and will definitely turn loony if she continues to meddle in this marriage.  Divya's idea of Raj caring for  Sarita if he gets convinced of her impending doom was impulsive and she is regretting it now as anybody would.  But Sarita's happiness at this and her going forward with cutting herself shows that she has gone into a dark world and results of such obsessions are always disastrous.

But I don't think makers are going with that at all.  I hope that Sarita's behavior is not shown as an example of great love, because this is not love.  This is a disturbing behavior.  In fact, so far I didn't want Raj to be with either Sarita or Divya because Raj doesn't deserve either one.  But now I think that Raj should not be with Sarita also because Sarita is one disturbed woman.

Anyway, I will write more as I am bit busy at the moment.
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: goolab

Me too dont like the way the story is going
Frist dont like what divya is doing she going to break raj heart again
And sarita she dont see raj only worry for her but dont love her
Eveytime she hear raj talk to divya how much he love her
She still dont give raj his freedom

Thanks for you comments. More than not liking where this story is going I am actually confused with some of the things that they are showing. What Divya is doing with Raj is definitely not ok.  She is playing with his emotions. As for Sarita she is someone who usually knows deep in her heart what the truth is but she usually takes the wrong turn because she has become obsessed with getting Raj as her real husband. Nobody can force anybody to accept or see the reality if that person does not want to accept it. 10 years of abuse combined with insecurity, bitterness and jealousy can make people not want to face reality but I am not too sure as whether the makers are really progressing in that direction or not.   
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angie12

Misti,

Really good points.  Thanks Angie Something is not gelling for me in this show.  Today's Sarita's behavior of cutting herself made me think that she needs counselling and soon.  Yes me too...self cutting to me indicates eother a cry for help or a desperate attempt to get attention. Divya is way out of her depth and will definitely turn loony if she continues to meddle in this marriage. Yes and she was getting a bit tense today because she finally realised that she was way out of her depth regarding her plan to drop the chandellier on Sarita's head. If something happens to either Sarita or Raj as a  consequence of her actions (ether directly or indirectly), Divya will never be able to forgive herself and she will get more entagled n this mess.   Divya's idea of Raj caring for  Sarita if he gets convinced of her impending doom was impulsive and she is regretting it now as anybody would.  But Sarita's happiness at this and her going forward with cutting herself shows that she has gone into a dark world and results of such obsessions are always disastrous.Yes to what you have written about Divya and Sarita. 

But I don't think makers are going with that at all.  I hope that Sarita's behavior is not shown as an example of great love, because this is not love.  This is a disturbing behavior. Yes this is what one of my confusion is about. If they are not going to show this as signs of Sarita entering a very dark world but as great love, do they think that the audience will accept their great love theory. There is a difference between Meera drinking poison and Krishna protecting her and Sarita self harming herself and Raj saving her. In fact, so far I didn't want Raj to be with either Sarita or Divya because Raj doesn't deserve either one.  But now I think that Raj should not be with Sarita also because Sarita is one disturbed woman. Sarita to me is a disturbed lady but unfortunately Raj is somewhat responsible for her condition. So he will have to take responsibility of that and see to it that Sarita gets justice. Of course t does not mean that he has to stay married to her, but he should take Sarita's POV into consideration before deciding anything.
Anyway, I will write more as I am bit busy at the moment.Okie dokie.

Myra.nelly thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Misti, liked very much ur thoughts.

I belive that sarita has completly lost it...the cutting herself scene is too much...wish that divya reacted more strongly abt it, sarita needs a wake up to reality call...Her character is turned to a distrurbed pers, i liked the strong sarita they showed first..
I likes Raj yday coz it came a lil more to the light, not only he was emotionally devoted to divya but he thought abt the legal stuff too, yup legally his marriage to sarita isnt valid...
Abt their discussion abt moving on..i really hope they wont show Raj falling for sarita at the end of divya's mission,. it will b unreal for me..and unfair to divya, i mean she sacrifices her love so he can fall for a disturbed person?! but again i think its impossible..hopefully next time sarita gets delusional raj bursts out..woman,. i am only concerned for u..dnt mistake it for love..
sonia871 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Misti really to read your thoughts...now i watch this show after reading your and angie s thoughts...and i mis the episode on friday...πŸ˜†
i am making sme poimts which i do nt like...
Divya living in raj s home is undigestable for me...
Divya comes in doli,do nt understand,is it necessary to show like this?????
And this mudikhayi part,they can name it as some other ceremony!!
Divya s family and gourav is completely out of picture...
There is connection of actions of characters...
Till the end ,sarita will suspicious of divya and raj and it leads to the loniless and destruction for divya only...
There is good theme,but writers failed badly in executions...and again hurry will pay for this channel...
misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Myra.nelly

Misti, liked very much ur thoughts. Thanks Myra

I belive that sarita has completly lost it...the cutting herself scene is too much..I believe that too...self harming to get someone's attention is not a very healthy sign to me and it indicates that the person needs professional medical help and counselling...wish that divya reacted more strongly abt it, sarita needs a wake up to reality call. Sarita does need a reality call. As for Divya her not reacting strongly to Sarita cutting herself is what is making me think that the makers in their own absurd melodramatic way might be trying to show that self cutting is not a sign for someone  loosing mental stability but of love. .Her character is turned to a distrurbed pers, i liked the strong sarita they showed first..Actually here is where my perception of Sarita defers . To me Sarita was not really a strong person. From the beginning she has been projected as as a very bitter person who used to lash out. I am not saying that she didn't have reason's to lash out or she didn't have reasons for her bitterness but a strong person does not become bitter. To me the 10 years of emotional neglect and systemic abuse that she had faced at her in-laws were slowly pushing her to the brink of disaster. Her heart knew what was the truth but she was desperate to cling on to this thought that Raj will one day care for her. Every time her heart was telling her to save herself and every time she was listening to someone who was telling her that things will be al right. So if they show her as an emotionally disturb person then it is acceptable for me because she has been slowly progressing towards that.   
I likes Raj yday coz it came a lil more to the light, not only he was emotionally devoted to divya but he thought abt the legal stuff too, yup legally his marriage to sarita isnt valid...Raj was right...this is not any real marriage and legally this marriage is not valid.
Abt their discussion abt moving on..i really hope they wont show Raj falling for sarita at the end of divya's mission,. it will b unreal for me..and unfair to divya, i mean she sacrifices her love so he can fall for a disturbed person?! but again i think its impossible..hopefully next time sarita gets delusional raj bursts out..woman,. i am only concerned for u..dnt mistake it for love..I also hope that they don't show Raj falling in love so quickly with Sarita. 

misti73 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Soniaman

Misti really to read your thoughts...now i watch this show after reading your and angie s thoughts...and i mis the episode on friday...πŸ˜† ok SoniaπŸ˜‰
i am making sme poimts which i do nt like...
Divya living in raj s home is undigestable for me...and it also might be undigestible to loads of other audience too. I can understand where you are coming from. To me it is completely senseless. It would have been better if Divya had done what she initially wanted to do...just had a conversation with Raj or had a series of conversations with Raj where she would have been open with him.
Divya comes in doli,do nt understand,is it necessary to show like this?????Execution has been one of the problems with this show. When they showed that scene they did not explain whose idea was it. Since they did not show that audience might have either thought that it was Divya's idea and in turn would have been turned off by Divya or might have been left confused. Both are bad for the show...one is supposed to emotionally connect with the lead character and not distance one from the lead character based on how she has been projected on the screen. Later on it was shown through dialogues that it was actually Sohanlal's idea. Now this is what I can accept based on how they have projected Sohanlal. He is someone who is hell bent on impressing Divya and so he is own world might have thought this way of welcoming Divya might impress her. But they should have explained it when they were cshowing that scene and not a week later.
And this mudikhayi part,they can name it as some other ceremony!! Yes they can name it as someother ceremony...they could have kept this just as introducing their new guest who is a well known star to their family and friends. Many people do have parties introducing their guests to their friend circle. 
Divya s family and gourav is completely out of picture...because zee tv usually does not know how to deal with parallel tracks at the same time.
There is connection of actions of characters...
Till the end ,sarita will suspicious of divya and raj and it leads to the loniless and destruction for divya only...
There is good theme,but writers failed badly in executions...and again hurry will pay for this channel...Yes the story is there but the makers have failed massively with the execution.

Neerjaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
 First , Hats off to you Misti for analyzing the show , After reading your comments  just saw the show and honestly speaking , it really puts you off . Just was thinking , does these makers not have any social responsibilities to society . Movies are just for 2-3 hours , goes for with never ending story . First Sarita - Does she think , hurting herself will bring Raj closer to her when that fellow never cared how she was being abused or working like a maid ?Is she dumb  ? Where are her parents , also disappeared , not once shown , if after ten years she was leaving then where to . If her parents are powerful , does this museum would have let her go . nothing fits logically 
 Raj - who just realize after she is injured that he cares for her as a human , where was his humanity for the last ten years , when because of him , she was taunted with all kind of taunts . Divya . what she thinks , staying with close proximity to Raj ., breaking her marriage at last moment , what signals it gives to Raj ? As for LOVE which is the second word after PV , in this whole show , Divya did not know that Raj got married , she would have married if Sarita has not reached there . As for Gaurav kind of person , first respect then you start caring for that person . They have belittled the meaning of love . People move forward in their life . Should be strengthening the woman in these kind of situations but coming out with weird ideas about satyavan , savitri . Why so many people are separating in middle age after settling their kids specially in upper strata of society . Have seen many people turning their love in to bitterness later on . Really pity the channel , who once was progressive has become regressive . Yes love sometimes wants their own ,s happiness also
                you never know when Sarita or the other one will turn in to psychopath , experience with the past history of this channel .