India-Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Education in bollywood

A_la_mode IF-Dazzler
A_la_mode
A_la_mode

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:23pm | IP Logged
I was just looking up at most of our actors & it seems like most of them barely did college. Who is the most educated in Bollywood?! I mean formal educationSmile

WaitForIt- IF-Dazzler
WaitForIt-
WaitForIt-

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:27pm | IP Logged
I don't know about the most educated but I do know SRK and Big B are very well educated...and it shows in the way both of them speak and just conduct themselves in general. 

There was actually an article on how educated our BW stars are a while back...Ii'll try and look for it. 

The following 12 member(s) liked the above post:

Owletrose-girlTheAquaCapriA_la_modeHakuna-Matataa.nirvana.OJ6.0Sharif.BadmaashFakeLove....Poojie....Cutiepie RaniNikki_Titli

A_la_mode IF-Dazzler
A_la_mode
A_la_mode

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
TFS. Yes SRK, AB Sr do come off as well educated or atleast knowledgable in their conversations. Among heroines, Vidya is probably the only one that can talk with some intelligence.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

WaitForIt-

.nirvana. IF-Sizzlerz
.nirvana.
.nirvana.

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
SRK
just listen to him u will know the difference !
may be AB too but i feel asleep if i try to listen to his interviews so no ideaLOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

....Poojie....

WaitForIt- IF-Dazzler
WaitForIt-
WaitForIt-

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:31pm | IP Logged
here it is:

EDIT: Just went through that list, Karishma Kapoor dropped out of school in class 6 for acting? Shocked What was her mom thinking?!

Edited by lmfao1 - 24 June 2013 at 12:34pm

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

coolfireTheAquaCapriA_la_moderini_kat.khoobsurat.DianaPrince-Chandramukhi-....Poojie....Sharif.Badmaash

A_la_mode IF-Dazzler
A_la_mode
A_la_mode

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:49pm | IP Logged
Thanks for the link lmfao1. The one I thought are well read have atleast completed college...saif, Randeep, Vidya.

shocking to see Karishma only finished 6th standard. Shame on her mom to push her into acting at such a young age.

Well Katrina, who knows what she didSleepy. If she has completed school, I will be surprised But she is good with money, career planningWink

I was surprised John has done his MBA though I think he was working for a bank before getting into modeling.

I guess lot of them left studies for lure of fame, money & considering most of our actors are from well off backgrounds or star kids, this is expected. SRK had to probably study as he had no future guaranteed in cinema.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

-victoRiya-WaitForIt-Sharif.BadmaashNikki_Titli

Introducing.. Goldie
Introducing..
Introducing..

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
I would say AB sr., SRK, & Aamir and from actresses probably Vidya.
Cutiepie Rani IF-Stunnerz
Cutiepie Rani
Cutiepie Rani

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:53pm | IP Logged
Preity Zinta: Bollywood and IPL's dimpled beauty is a perfect blend of brains and beauty. After having graduated with an English honours degree, she started a graduate programme in psychology and even earned a post graduate degree in Criminal Psychology! Sounds cool, doesn't it?

http://images.idiva.com/media/photogallery/2012/Feb/edu_vidya_balan_600x450.jpg[/img]
Vidya Balan: Did you know that The Dirty Picture actress holds a major in sociology? After she finished her schooling in St. Anthony's Girls' High School, Chembur, she got her major in sociology from St. Xavier's, Mumbai. She also holds an MA from the University of Mumbai.

http://images.idiva.com/media/photogallery/2012/Feb/siddharth_600x450.jpg[/img]
Siddharth: This cute actor who found his few minutes of fame in Bollywood through Rang De Basanti and dates with Soha Ali Khan is one of the most educated stars in Bollywood! Not only was he the president of his college's debating society, but was also popular as a part of its reputed theatre group. He even completed his MBA from S. P. Jain Institute of Management and Research, Mumbai.

http://images.idiva.com/media/photogallery/2012/Feb/edu_soha_ali_600x450.jpg[/img]
Soha Ali Khan: Following her father's rich education, Soha Ali Khan attended The British School in New Delhi and Balliol College, Oxford. Following which she got a Masters degree in International Relations from the London School of Economics and Political Science! Pretty impressive, nay?

http://images.idiva.com/media/photogallery/2012/Feb/edu_aishwarya_rai_600x450.jpg[/img]
Aishwarya Rai: With looks like Aishwarya Rai, one couldn't possibly care about education, right? An above average student, Aishwarya secured 90% in her HSC board exams! With a passion for zoology, she initially considered making a career in medicine, but later enrolled at Raheja College for a degree in Architecture. Needless to say, she couldn't finish her degree as she won the Miss World pageant at the age of 21.

http://images.idiva.com/media/photogallery/2012/Feb/edu_kareena_kapoor_600x450.jpg[/img]
Kareena Kapoor:  Despite being born into a family with a rich history in Bollywood, unlike her sister Karishma, Kareena Kapoor put in a lot of effort for her education! She claims to have received first class honours in school for all subjects except for maths. After her schooling, she studied commerce for two years and enrolled for a three month course in microcomputers at Harvard University. Not just that, she even studied law for a year in Government Law College, Mumbai! And it was around this time, when she recovered her passion for acting.

http://images.idiva.com/media/photogallery/2012/Feb/edu_madhavan_600x450.jpg[/img]
R Madhavan: It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that he has charmed over a million hearts with his cute smile! Talking about his educational qualifications, he is a graduate in electronics from Rajaram College, Kolhapur. He even won the Maharashtra Best Cadet title which allowed him to make a trip to England. He also received training with the Royal Army, the Navy and the Air Force, and had plans of joining defence. 

http://images.idiva.com/media/photogallery/2012/Feb/edu_john_600x450.jpg[/img]
John Abraham: Don't let his smile and bulky muscles fool you into believing that he is all body and no brains! After finishing his primary education from the Bombay Scottish School in Mumbai, he got an MBA degree from the Mumbai Educational Trust.

http://images.idiva.com/media/photogallery/2012/Feb/edu_fardeen_khan_600x450.jpg"[/img]
Fardeen Khan: True that there is still a long way for him (if at all) to be included in the list of top actors. But we couldn't help it when we read about the degree he holds! It is said that Fardeen holds a Business Management degree from the University of Massachusetts, USA. We are surprised, ain't you?

http://images.idiva.com/media/photogallery/2012/Feb/edu_sonu_sood_600x450.jpg[/img]
Sonu Sood: Even though he hasn't had any major breakthroughs in Bollywood, he often keeps popping up here and there. We were surprised to find that this bulky actor actually has a degree in engineering! We suggest he bid Bollywood goodbye and put that degree to some use. What say?

Edited by Cutiepie Rani - 24 June 2013 at 12:53pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-victoRiya-A_la_modechimchimcher-ee

Go to top