Views

Users

Frequent Posters

petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Sidra! Happy Ramdhan

Nikki- Have fun on your vacation.

Wow so Kumud/Saras  break up...Nice! How did it happen? also Tell me when Kusum enters his life, would love to watch them.

Havent been able to watch TV when in India. Anyone watching Bhabhi? Is it worth it?
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
^ Hi Anu ðŸ¤—

That Meri Bhabhi show started on 19th / 20th June 2013 ...anyone watched it? I've been keeping up and I've liked it so far...it has a positive atmosphere and unlike most shows hasn't started off with high voltage family drama or random love story...

There is a sensitivity and thehraav in the way the main relationships are shown...I'm particularly liking the interactions b/w Zor and his wife...played by Kanwaljeet and Supriya Pilgaonkar...and the bhabhi Kittu is also very sweet...bubbly but not cloying or OTT...there is just this lovely poignant vibe to the show and relationships that touches your heart...

Even the condition of Shraddha...the nanad who's husband left her but she has been hiding it from her family...has been shown in a touching manner...her little son is adorable too...so far what I've liked about the show are the way the interactions have been written...the main cast is good...only annoying ppl so far are the second bhabhi and the other two sons...many relationships are explored...father-daughter...brother-sister, sister in laws...nicely done without the typical soap wala negative melodrama.

It's not like SGP...maybe a little deja vu is possible cuz of Supriya ji's presence...she is just SO lovable...there is this amazing kindness and softness in the way she portrays her characters that you fall in love with her...I love the way she says her husband's name cajolingly so many times..."Zor"...and I really liked some of the family dialogues in the first few epis...basically FAMILY is shown nicely in the show...the bhabhi Kittu is also  naturally sweet and loving...no fakeness or OTT-ness or the usual scheming crap. 

Supriya's character is a stepmother to Shraddha, the second wife of Zor...and it seems Shraddha resents the fact that she replaced her actual mother...so there is a relationship to explore there too...otherwise the rest of the family is very close...I loved how that bonding was shown...the brother-sister, father-daughter moments especially really touched my heart and made me emotional too...there was this ADORABLE mother-son scene b/w Shraddha and her son Dhruv too where she is making him  help her prep for an interview. 

I didn't find the phone breaking scene OTT...the circumstances that Shraddha is in and the way she was trying so hard to just make a birthday phone call to her father...you feel her pain there...Kanchi's acting is a bit raw in the emotional scenes but otherwise she's doing a decent job. 

I think story has potential as of now.

The director of Meri Bhabhi is the same guy who directed Gulaal and BV...Siddharth Sengupta...no wonder there was a sensitivity in the way in which the relationships are being shown in the show.  
petrichorr thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Swetha-

^ Hi Anu ðŸ¤—

That Meri Bhabhi show started on 19th / 20th June 2013 ...anyone watched it? I've been keeping up and I've liked it so far...it has a positive atmosphere and unlike most shows hasn't started off with high voltage family drama or random love story...

There is a sensitivity and thehraav in the way the main relationships are shown...I'm particularly liking the interactions b/w Zor and his wife...played by Kanwaljeet and Supriya Pilgaonkar...and the bhabhi Kittu is also very sweet...bubbly but not cloying or OTT...there is just this lovely poignant vibe to the show and relationships that touches your heart...

Even the condition of Shraddha...the nanad who's husband left her but she has been hiding it from her family...has been shown in a touching manner...her little son is adorable too...so far what I've liked about the show are the way the interactions have been written...the main cast is good...only annoying ppl so far are the second bhabhi and the other two sons...many relationships are explored...father-daughter...brother-sister, sister in laws...nicely done without the typical soap wala negative melodrama.

It's not like SGP...maybe a little deja vu is possible cuz of Supriya ji's presence...she is just SO lovable...there is this amazing kindness and softness in the way she portrays her characters that you fall in love with her...I love the way she says her husband's name cajolingly so many times..."Zor"...and I really liked some of the family dialogues in the first few epis...basically FAMILY is shown nicely in the show...the bhabhi Kittu is also  naturally sweet and loving...no fakeness or OTT-ness or the usual scheming crap. 

Supriya's character is a stepmother to Shraddha, the second wife of Zor...and it seems Shraddha resents the fact that she replaced her actual mother...so there is a relationship to explore there too...otherwise the rest of the family is very close...I loved how that bonding was shown...the brother-sister, father-daughter moments especially really touched my heart and made me emotional too...there was this ADORABLE mother-son scene b/w Shraddha and her son Dhruv too where she is making him  help her prep for an interview. 

I didn't find the phone breaking scene OTT...the circumstances that Shraddha is in and the way she was trying so hard to just make a birthday phone call to her father...you feel her pain there...Kanchi's acting is a bit raw in the emotional scenes but otherwise she's doing a decent job. 

I think story has potential as of now.

The director of Meri Bhabhi is the same guy who directed Gulaal and BV...Siddharth Sengupta...no wonder there was a sensitivity in the way in which the relationships are being shown in the show.  

Wow lovely update! Thanks a bunch.
Am interested because of  Supriya from SGP, not to mention Kanwaljeet.
Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Gear up for a high-voltage dramatic scene a la Devdas in Star Plus' Saraswatichandra

4 hours ago | TellychakkarTeam

A lot has been said about the twist in the tale in Star Plus' Saraswatichandra (Sanjay Leela Bhansali Productions) and how Saras (Gautam Rode) and Kumud (Jennifer Winget) will part ways only to find solace in different partners.

Since its launch, viewers have always realised the close resemblance of the show with SLB's film Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.

Now the maker is all set to lend a classic touch to Saraswatichandra by emulating the last scene from his hit movie, Devdas.

The scene we are talking about is the one where a dying Dev (Shah Rukh Khan) sees his love (Aishwarya Rai) for the last time before closing his eyes forever.

No, our hero Saras will not die but will be thrashed and hit by Kumud's family members for calling off the wedding just two days before it could be formalised. Before losing consciousness, he will see his love being married off to someone else.

Says a source, "When Saras realises his folly of refusing to marry Kumud, he will head back only to see her wedding fixed with Pramad (reported to be played by new actor Anshul). He will protest against it but will be attacked by Kumud's family and village members for his shameful act. This is when he will drop…all hurt and bruised. As he is about to lose consciousness, he will witness Pramad filling Kumud's maang."

With this, the show will take a different course with both love birds going separate ways.

We tried contacting Gautam, but he remained unavailable for comment.

This particular sequence will air this Friday (12 July 2013).

-Harshu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Shahenshah Karan Wahi in Indian Idol Junior
Jul 10, 2013, 12.08PM IST TNN

Karan Wahi will be seen in an all new avatar in the upcoming gala episode of Sony Entertainment
Television's popular music reality show Indian Idol Junior. The entertaining host donned an outfit which could be distinctively related to Shahenshah, which was played by the legendary Amitabh Bachchan. Indian Idol Junior has successfully managed to keep the
audience engaged by showcasing outstanding
talent amalgamated with interesting themes. With the upcoming gala episode having a 'disco'
theme, everyone on the sets sported a unique
'disco' costume. But it was Karan Wahi who seemed to grab most of the attention with his distinctive costume. With funky golden eye gear, stylish sequenced leather jacket and shiny golden boots, he gave the impression of the modern Shahenshah. With his heart throbbing looks and personality, he struck various cool poses and shared jokes that had the audience in splits. He also tried to mouth a few dialogues like Shahenshah Big B himself. Nonetheless, he certainly did manage to leave his fans awestruck with his overall fabulous appearance.
Catch Karan Wahi in his 'Shahenshah' avatar on
13th July on Indian Idol Junior only on Sony Entertainment Television
-Harshu- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Edited by -Harshu- - 10 years ago
Sid.H thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I guess it was manish's last epi in Nbt today ... Omg it was so emotional - I will miss him ! He is such a good actor :(

Edited by sidra2007 - 10 years ago
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Manish's exit interview:

[quote]
Each day of work has added value to the wonderful bond that I now share with each one of them

Manish Gandhi, who entered Na Bole Tum-2 as Addu, has now reached the end of his journey with the show as Munna. Let's see what's on Manish's mind as he leaves the show.

1.)     So it's the end of the road for Addu/ Munna/ Jigri?

My character in the show served as a foil to the estranged son Addu. This character was never planned the way it turned out to be, I was meant to be on the show for just 2 weeks! A great response from the audience and some recent developments in my life encouraged me to continue working. After it reached a point where I felt there was absolutely no way my character aided my growth as an actor, I had a discussion with the makers of the show where we amicably decided to bring my track to a closure.    

2.)     How will your role end in the show? Any chances of you coming back to the show?

My role technically ended with the revelation that the character played by Kanwar is the real Addu. However it was kind of the writers to pen an exit for my role in the episode when the court grants bail to Mohan Bhatnagar. Whether I'll come back to the show will depend on how well my character gets woven into the story line, my availability and if there's anything challenging and new for me to look forward to, as an actor.    

3.)     Tell us about the experience of playing Munna in the show, both as an actor, and the experience of working with the cast.

As an actor I found it extremely tough to deliver within the constraints that the TV industry works in today. While it took me some time getting used to the long hours, the real challenge came with performing in the instances where other characters could speak lines to support the action of the scene and I had to come up with a new action each time, ensuring that my choices don't distract much from the main action. This can get tricky; especially when a performance is greatly controlled by the way a scene is conceived, written, shot, edited and packaged.

It was amazing working with the cast of the show. Each day of work has added value to the wonderful bond that I now share with each one of them and will cherish for a long time.    

4.)     What kind of reception had you expected? Was the audience's response better than expected or worse?

I came on board with the understanding that I am entering a show that has an existing fan base. But I didn't think much about how my character would be received by the audience. I think it's mainly to do with my personal philosophy towards my own work; I don't really seek approvals. I know that if I enjoy my work, the audience is bound to appreciate it.     

5.)     Which actor did you bond with the most? Describe each of them in a sentence.

I bonded very well with whoever I got a chance to spend time with. I clicked instantly with Madhuri Sanjeev who plays Bela Jiji, a veteran with a very rich theatre background, and an inspiring woman; she has made a special place in all our hearts, mainly through our stomachs. 

I met Siddharth (Beera) at a script reading session last year. An absolute delight to spend time with, he has an inherent ability to make any conversation fun. 

Kanwar (Addu) helped great deals in getting me acquainted with the way a TV set functions, particularly through my initial days in the show.

Bhamini (Aarti) makes awesome dal baati, and we've had brief but sweet moments together. 

Reem (Rimjhim) hates me. She is one actor who I have succeeded in irritating to the core with my endless pranks and name calling. I absolutely adore her.

Jayashree (Nanhi) is someone I can go and speak almost anything with. She can make an instant connect with anyone through her lovely nature.

I've spent a lot of time discussing the current TV scenario with Pallavi (Ragini) and we agree on most things. 

I had my share of learning working with Rinku (Renu) and Kunal (Mohan) and with Aakanksha (Megha), I graduated from discussing theatre in spare time to teasing through close up shots. I'm really happy for Aakanksha. (about her engagement)

6.)     Any incident that you remember from the set? A tough scene, or any time spent with your co-stars?

There've been so many of them. Kunal's ITA award party remained the highlight at the sets for most part in the weeks to follow. A scene where I gulped down a bowl of kheer offered by Jiji Bua remains one of the memorable scenes, mainly because I don't like kheer. Unfortunately this did not get included in the telecast. Another scene with Megha where Jigri calls her 'Amma' for the first time, or the introductory scene with Mohan, these have been interesting too. Eeju scenes were the ones I was most uncertain about, owing to the absurdity involved, but I'm glad they worked and gave a different dimension to my characterization.  

7.)     What will you take away from the show?

I am now, more confident to perform in any given constraints, particularly keeping in view the demands of the medium.   

8.)     Tell us about your last day on the sets.

It was just an ordinary day. I reported at the sets early afternoon, completed my days work and walked away with a smile on my face.

9.)     What are your future plans?

Two of my theatrical productions, Cock and Proposal would be staged in Mumbai and Bangalore through July and August. Besides I am looking to produce a new play for September before I leave for London. I was recently awarded the INLAKS scholarship to study acting at LAMDA, one of the world's best drama schools, and I'm busy preparing myself for the big shift. 

10.) Any parting words for the viewers of Na Bole Tum-2?

I just need you all to know that your good wishes have affected my life in a positive way. And I am very thankful to you for that. [/quote]

^ "Goodbyes are not forever. Goodbyes are not the end. They simply mean I'll miss you until we meet again."

Manish made Jigri so adorable and believable with his acting. In a short span of time he left an indelible mark in the audience's mind. His was the best new character in NBT 2 and he was the best new entrant in NBT. 

Sadly everything nice should come to an end. And so has his role in NBT. 

He is always remain as the sunshine of NBT-2. Will miss him loads. 
Edited by -Swetha- - 10 years ago
DJ.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hai re meri kismat ...

for two days my cable is not working cause of some mess up with the cable company's end.

the cable guys calls and asks to keep the tele and set top box on ... and the cable starts right kumud ke maang mein sindoor bhar raha hai uska naya pati ... rakhi sawant dolly bindra bhi chal jaati par yeh riddhima original preparing to play riddhima part 2 ...😆

Swetha-Sai thumbnail

New Article on NBT2 :-)

TOI: Revamp time in NBT 

^ LOL seriously? AWESOME! I guess it will be that amnesia track that I thought was too far-fetched but looks like they are going for it after all! 

Now all I wish is that somehow they magically cast Ashnoor as a new character in this alternate reality...

Oh and I hope Guru is retained...