India-Forums

Qubool Hai
Qubool Hai

Understanding Asad (Page 5)

rushil Newbie
rushil
rushil

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:57pm | IP Logged
I feel Asad is not in a make believe situation that he actually did the "wrong" that is why he said "Zoya jo tumne dekha woh sach nahin tha" (without getting into the formalities of Ms Farooque)

but it is the guilt of not having made to the altar at the right time (for he himself said "nothing" can come in between) and the guilt of not been able to keep his mother's words... FOR WHATSOEVER REASONS...

Npdeepa IF-Dazzler
Npdeepa
Npdeepa

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:10pm | IP Logged
Thanks dear... I was wondering Y does he thinks he is guilty without actually connecting the dots but hoped that maybe after coming out of this shock he would start thinking... But no more hopes as the reason u have given is rite- his childhood is the
ultimate cause...

Edited by Npdeepa - 24 June 2013 at 1:10pm
chicksoup IF-Sizzlerz
chicksoup
chicksoup

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:12pm | IP Logged
Clap  Beautifully written!Clap
rendezvousvin IF-Rockerz
rendezvousvin
rendezvousvin

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:52pm | IP Logged
Very nice post RC.. Loved reading it...
KambakthIshq IF-Rockerz
KambakthIshq
KambakthIshq

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
Nice post.

Im criticizing No body...but the Team. Actors are doing a wonderful jobClap
deedeez Groupbie
deedeez
deedeez

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rockerchic

Originally posted by Closed...

I personally fail to understand his character because his mood swings and reactions are so bipolar... I think dense is an understatement to describe his character... Although I like the depth that Gul brought into his character and the self loath, she made the character very unbelievable for me because he doesn't seem to understand the basics of day to day life...  I love the emotional dynamics and KSG is portraying the character beautifully but somehow I expect some character growth.. As far as I've seen, yes he has guilt and self-loath and trust issues but he seems to get dumber by the day... One day they show immense character growth and the next, they go back to where we started.. Taking today's episode for example, from the precap and his reactions, it seems that he actually believes he slept with Tanveer without questioning her character whereas the episode before, he was sure that he didn't do what Zoya saw.. This bipolar behavior is something that I fail to get because it restricts me from seeing the character growth they are bringing in him... I am excited to see the Ajmer track as Gul seems to have made it very promising with all of it being under wrap but I certainly don't have expectations from this track or Asads character..

I think they are  trying to show the values that Dilshad instilled in him as child, which she talked about today, always in combat with Asad's fear of becoming Rashid. This comes out as bi polar as you rightly said. I find it a rather a scope for growth, because Asad hasn't really had a situation where his growth can be justified up till now. It would have fallen short if it was not dramatic. 

I don't think he's bi-polar. Asad from the beginning has been shown as someone whose entire life revolves around his beliefs. He believes in his best friend Tanveer and no matter how many in your face hints he gets, he will not sway in his belief. The same way his belief about culture and tehzeeb being closely tied to upbringing and the clothes one wears was the reason for him to mis-trust Zoya right from the beginning. He still hasn't entirely started trusting her yet, despite being madly in love with her. His entire existence is built on these beliefs. It will take a lot to shake him out of basic principles he lives on. Asad is clearly a gray character, not immediately likeable as Zoya. Which is why Gul has a lot of scope in character improvement. Despite everything you might still not like the guy entirely. He's a man full of insecurities and is deeply flawed. That to me is the beauty and complexity of his character.
ElOqUeNcE IF-Sizzlerz
ElOqUeNcE
ElOqUeNcE

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 6:14pm | IP Logged
Wel said
Ankahee Goldie
Ankahee
Ankahee

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 6:18pm | IP Logged
Word!!!

Chic post rocker!!! Smile

Go to top