Understanding Asad

Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
The way Asad has been characterized, not saying he's right or wrong, but his dynamics, the depth of his emotions has come out excellently these past few days. 

I'm not pro-Asad but I love a good character. 

Zoya didn't say anything to Tanveer because she thinks Asad is in the wrong and cheated on her.Something to be noted here is that Asad didn't say anything to Tanveer either. This is quite profound and tells us something about his character. 

More than Zoya, more than Dilshad, he thinks he IS guilty. 

Zoya didn't analyse or put her trust on Asad (she's justified in her  own way ofc) but Asad didn't either. He didn't analyze or even think for a moment that dal mai kuch kala hai. He is so afraid of becoming Rashid that at the slightest of chances he's convinced  he's guilty. 

He's being dense, yes. But it's an interesting character trait that Gul has portrayed here. The self loath that Asad has towards himself and the consequences of a bad childhood. 

I am fully and completely enjoying this track. We are learning so much about the way Asad and Zoya really work, their dynamics, everything. 

~RC

Edited by Rockerchic - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shanakyasharan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
👏
starsinmyeyes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
sab log aaj ke epi se bahut disappointed hain...but what u say is bang on...when u urself are convinced that you are guilty...rest every1's opinion holds little value...asad thinks he is wrong...nobody can convince him otherwise...Ayaan thinks of no one else but him and his brother...for him Asad can do no wrong...kyunki agar usne galti kardi...toh ayaan will have no one to look upto anymore...
Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: shanakyasharan

👏

Sheesh just look at the intensity.

👏

I'm so glad we have great actors in the form of KSG and SJ who are just mind blowing. 
Edited by Rockerchic - 10 years ago
delena90 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I am loving this track too RC. I think a logical part of Asad does know that nothing has happened yet his fear of his past and his tendency to self-fulfil his own prophecy is his undoing. Eventually, he will sit and think of all the events that led to that moment and then maybe he will know. But the whole point of this track is to finally make Asad question. Up until this point he has taken everything at face value but soon he may realize that it is overrated.

I now think Gul had Asad being portrayed as dumb for a reason. She wanted to break down this character so she could build him back stronger and better. And maybe that's exactly what we are in for at Ajmer.

Good post RC!
Edited by delena90 - 10 years ago
Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: starsinmyeyes

sab log aaj ke epi se bahut disappointed hain...but what u say is bang on...when u urself are convinced that you are guilty...rest every1's opinion holds little value...asad thinks he is wrong...nobody can convince him otherwise...Ayaan thinks of no one else but him and his brother...for him Asad can do no wrong...kyunki agar usne galti kardi...toh ayaan will have no one to look upto anymore...

I love  the way you put that. So true. 
-Anku- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thank you :| I am glad I get to read what I really want to. I've been saying the same, that there is no damn reason for blame games lol,because EACH character in this show is going in the frame work of how the characters have been written. I like how every character's shaped up last few weeks but its been Asad they've bee concentrating on so yeah commenting on that, I am glad they show us all shades of the character, who has so many layers to him that the deeper you try and understand him the more you explore.
I personally fail to understand his character because his mood swings and reactions are so bipolar... I think dense is an understatement to describe his character... Although I like the depth that Gul brought into his character and the self loath, she made the character very unbelievable for me because he doesn't seem to understand the basics of day to day life...  I love the emotional dynamics and KSG is portraying the character beautifully but somehow I expect some character growth.. As far as I've seen, yes he has guilt and self-loath and trust issues but he seems to get dumber by the day... One day they show immense character growth and the next, they go back to where we started.. Taking today's episode for example, from the precap and his reactions, it seems that he actually believes he slept with Tanveer without questioning her character whereas the episode before, he was sure that he didn't do what Zoya saw.. This bipolar behavior is something that I fail to get because it restricts me from seeing the character growth they are bringing in him... I am excited to see the Ajmer track as Gul seems to have made it very promising with all of it being under wrap but I certainly don't have expectations from this track or Asads character..
Rockerchic thumbnail
Originally posted by: delena90

I am loving this track too RC. I think a logical part of Asad does know that nothing has happened yet his fear of his past and his tendency to self-fulfil his own prophecy is his undoing. Eventually, he will sit and think of all the events that led to that moment and then maybe he will know. But the whole point of this track is to finally make Asad question. Up until this point he has taken everything at face value but soon he may realize that it is overrated.

I now think Gul had Asad being portrayed as dumb for a reason. She wanted to break down this character so she could build him back stronger and better. And maybe that's exactly what we are in for at Ajmer.

Good post RC!

Amen to that. 

Right, we are going to see a change and it's going to be for the better. 
starsinmyeyes thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: Rockerchic

I love  the way you put that. So true. 

u noticed that except ayaan..every other sibling can see and accept him being in the wrong.nikhat, nuzhat and humeira, they all respect him but they accept that Asad Bhai can make a mistake too..not ayaan...his love for asad is totally blind...