Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

What does Manav think?he really expects that? (Page 6)

Newbiesoapfan IF-Sizzlerz
Newbiesoapfan
Newbiesoapfan

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 9:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by stg1

yeah, this is common and acceptable to a lot of people, i dont like it but it happens unfortunately and not just in india! example, i'm in the uk, born and brought up, and my cousin here married a boy of her choice who told her that they would be living with his parents after which she accepted. 

after marriage she was told by her in-laws that she had to always be properly dressed in the house, as in not in night clothes/pyjamas/dressing gown and western clothes (that we practically live in) were ok for work, but at home it had to be traditional indian wear! 

so, 21st century female, degree educated, great job, liberal upbringing - and the fundamentals at her in-laws r the same as they were 20 or 30 years ago for our parents generation! we find it hard sometimes to accept that she's ok with this as she was totally different at her parents house, but i guess if u're happy within ur marriage u adapt and these things matter less Smile 

but yeah, i agree with u, i get angry at anyone encroaching on my personal freedom, my parents have brought me up with my own value system and a certain set of beliefs, i am who i am so i dont know why i should change myself for ANYBODY. but i think they have to show this because more than cc adapting they have to show the change in maanav too, if he was perfect right now there would be no story Tongue

Adjustment is the name of the game in marriage for both the parties... whether they live with or without in-laws... both will need to adjust... Maanav will learn as CC is ... and the rest of the family too... to adjust with CC ... that's what the show is about.

Having said that ... yes... it is tough to adjust and change ...

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

PhoenixTearsstg1Guinea

vanitha3d IF-Dazzler
vanitha3d
vanitha3d

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 9:57pm | IP Logged
why are we making it a big issue? after marriage it takes time for husband and wife to understand each other time will teach them, immideatly after marriage manav cant ask chhanchhan to ware western clothes and nites to rome in the joint family with so many elders .                                                                                                                                                        my cousin before marriage used to ware western outfits and got married in a big orthodox  family of  trediations it was very difficult to work with sari but  it took time of six months [wives teach them ] and today she weares dresses which are comfortable for her and every one in the family got used to see her in it , today she is the one who drives the car among other ladeys in that joint family.

Edited by vanitha3d - 24 June 2013 at 9:58pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

madsDiyaSGuinea

DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 10:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by lazylad8-FauZi

Originally posted by crazyforsanaya

Absolutely agree with everything you say.
It really boggles my mind that the girl is supposed to erase her entire life just because she gets married.
in the words of one who knew:
UN. FREAKING. BELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!

And please, I don't want the excuse that the "girl loves boy so she will do everything for him and change" bull! Why doesn't the boy do that???

PUHLEEASSSE!!!!!

Women used to change in the olden times, now its a different world!!!!!!!!!!

Hang on ... who said only the girl has to change? BOTH the girl and the guy change after marriage ... they both have to get used to living with each other ... and BOTH have to make adjustments. Usually the girl makes more adjustments if she's living in a joint family, that's true ... but that's not to say that the guy doesn't change at all ... in fact, in a nuclear family I find more things are done the girl's way, because she runs the house ... guys usually don't bother about the details ...

It's also not right to say that neither girl or guy will change at all, they will both stay exactly the same as they were before marriage ... that's not happening!!! They BOTH have to change after marriage, they BOTH have to adjust with living with each other and with the other's families. You can't say that a girl should not change at all and the guy should make all the adjustments ... that's equally lop-sided. They don't erase their lives before marriage ... they have to add each others' habits to their lives and move ahead together.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

kairavi.showviewerNewbiesoapfanGuineaamaiaxAaliya

goguma IF-Rockerz
goguma
goguma

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 6:51am | IP Logged
just finished watching the episode with english sub,  and
i feel bad that manav reproached chhanchhan in front of rb.

no doubt,  he has seen chhanchhan wore sarees before,  but  manav needs to understand that she
DOES NOT  wear them to do housework...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

lazylad8-FauZi

amaia IF-Sizzlerz
amaia
amaia

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 7:18am | IP Logged
I totally agree with u! I was soo angry with Manav...Angry

lazylad8-FauZi

spirit IF-Rockerz
spirit
spirit

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 7:26am | IP Logged
CC's Manav is just a 'manav' after all so he makes mistakes like all of us 'Manavs' do. Big smileLOL did that make any sense?LOL

CC has spent more time as a newly married in this house than he has ... So he still relatively new at this marriage thingTongue dude had to sneak in his own house to meet his own wife, and the one chance he finally got to spend time with that wife, she goes off to fetch milk...D'ohmay be his thoughts were scrambled...

Now say in future if he doesn't support CC's work then that's a bigger problemCensored

Newbiesoapfan

Fazila~ IF-Stunnerz
Fazila~
Fazila~

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 11:49pm | IP Logged
I got more angry when he said...how do my bhahies work wearing saris whole day...HE should have worried if CC was hurt when she fell...typical desi man...Angry
OmNaMaSteOm IF-Sizzlerz
OmNaMaSteOm
OmNaMaSteOm

Posted: 26 June 2013 at 12:15am | IP Logged
In reality to be honest someone like Chhan Chhan will question why Jaagaran & no Suhag raat. Why reet rivaz & no honey moon. Even Manav should have questioned that.
No Sari is not compulsory post marriage they are the ones showing it like that.
Manav is not showing enough concern towards Chhan Chhan he is only bothered about romance. I hope he learns soon.

Go to top