Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

What does Manav think?he really expects that? (Page 3)

PhoenixTears IF-Dazzler
PhoenixTears
PhoenixTears

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 11:49am | IP Logged
Thats the best part of this show that it shows the reality.. No matter you dated girl in frock or jeans, once you get married, initially you have follow all the traditions of husband's family and till initial phase gets over, you become so use to follow all these things that they didnt seem so awkward to you.. It is sad but true esp if you live with in-laws or joint family! Thats what I have seen around me... Even husband wont support you in wearing shorts/skirts if every lady in his family wears saree on daily basis, sad but true Cry And trust me, its their favorite dialogue "I Have Full Faith on You, You will Learn Everything" WinkLOLWink

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

princessep13TheGlamourgalSummer99ankitamishra201showviewerGuineaDiyaS

snowwhite28 IF-Rockerz
snowwhite28
snowwhite28

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 11:53am | IP Logged
Every man changes after marriage. It will happen in future too. He will force or i would say want cc to be a ideal bahu. I don't think he had guts to stand against his mom's wish. This is just a start may be this small things will create problems between cc and manav in future. Which UB also wants. But i am not surprised with this. This is main quality which any saas bahu saga hero should have. I want 2 say something these things happen in real life too.
DiyaS IF-Sizzlerz
DiyaS
DiyaS

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:01pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhenoixTears

Thats the best part of this show that it shows the reality.. No matter you dated girl in frock or jeans, once you get married, initially you have follow all the traditions of husband's family and till initial phase gets over, you become so use to follow all these things that they didnt seem so awkward to you.. It is sad but true esp if you live with in-laws or joint family! Thats what I have seen around me... Even husband wont support you in wearing shorts/skirts if every lady in his family wears saree on daily basis, sad but true Cry And trust me, its their favorite dialogue "I Have Full Faith on You, You will Learn Everything" WinkLOLWink

That's very true!!! After watching this, I am thanking my lucky stars at how liberal my in-laws were LOL They never said a word to me about what I wore ever!!! But most families, even not so traditional ones do ... and they expect newly married girls to wear sarees at least the first few days after marriage for sure ... no girl is expected to go back into jeans or skirts the day after her marriage ... especially not in her in-laws house.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

princessep13preeti25nairgolpokobitashowviewermadsGuinea

mads IF-Sizzlerz
mads
mads

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
I dont think it was abnormal at all.. lets rewind a bit to the ChanMan story ... athough most of us would like to forget what led upto the marriage for various reasons LOL now watching anuj-sanaya chemistry makes us feel and believe in how wholesome the ChanMan love is - the fact is that it was sort of a "chat mangni pat byah" type of a situation for them .. they met, became friends, fell in love and got married and even from the serial time scale point of view, all this happened in less than a year... they didnt have time to court properly..they got married pretty fast as soon as they confessed their love for each other (thanks to IPL ending LOL) .. so they havent known much about each other's past lives or for that matter learn abt each other deep inside..so Manav has no clue exactly how comfortable or uncomfortable Chanchan is in sarees.. 

He isnt telling her to change after marriage, on the other hand, he believes its perfectly normal that a girl wears sarees after marriage because that is the atmosphere that he has grown up in..and thats why he finds it a bit shocking that Chanchan couldnt carry a saree, but that according to him is as normal as breathing.. exactly like he used to believe that the elders are always right..he seems to have changed that belief of his when he confronted his own mother for lying (I wasnt watching those episodes so I dont know the details..correct me if I am wrong).. so he will soon change his beliefs too, or Chanchan will get comfortable in a saree.. I don't know which one they are planning to go ahead with..I am okay with either.. 

Because, if you ask me, I think its perfectly alright to wear a saree..nothing is as Indian as a saree and to have an Indian bahu, wearing a saree but with today's thoughts would be a first for the TV.. what I find they should change towards the end is the pallu bit .. and the fact that the DILs are not sitting for lunch/dinner with the entire family .. because those are just some traditions that have no sense but to reiterate that the DIL is inferior to the entire family .. sarees, I think are okay.. 

The following 10 member(s) liked the above post:

princessep13golpokobitaGeoSSiestaTheGlamourgalSummer99shruathiankitamishra201showviewerxAaliya

ankitamishra201 IF-Dazzler
ankitamishra201
ankitamishra201

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:47pm | IP Logged
its very much normal thing in India 
it dosent matter if u have done a love marriage or arrange der r some things which u have to follow n guys also dont find nything wrong in following those stuff 

they think if der mom n bhabhi can den so can his wife ...if its not a problem for dem how come it will be a prob for her 

dis is the reason i love chanchan ...its showing u d prob which our generation is facing ...our generation is hanging between a modern world n conservative world ...

d prob shown in todays epi is very common ...u'll find 80% of the city families r lyk dis only 

Edited by ankitamishra201 - 24 June 2013 at 12:48pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

princessep13golpokobitaSiestashowviewerGuinea

showviewer IF-Rockerz
showviewer
showviewer

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
Manav is completely clueless about the discomforts of the house rules and traditions for his bhabhis or maybe even his sister. He till now lived in his bubble believing the illusion of a happy household presented by his mother. He has also never seen his bhabhis complain about anything. 
When he starts seeing things through Chhanchhan's eye he will get sensitized to the many issues the women in his house are facing. It will be his growth into a more aware and sensitive man and husband. Chhanchhan will play a huge role in this. 
Right now most people in this house have blinders on.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

adeeti10Siestalazylad8-FauZiGuineamads

adeeti10 Goldie
adeeti10
adeeti10

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:27pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara

sigh..i dislike the very end of the episode very very much! YUCK!! ok i have loads to drool..

but 1 problem. Manav was very sweet to Chhanchhan and all when he said 'u will learn to manage the sari just like u will manage to take care of everyone'..

but one huge problem. when he dated her she never wore saris except for special function! In fact he only ever saw her in a sari on the 1st day and then the orphanage scene right?

So does this modern 21st century man who dated a girl who was wearing jeans, three quarters, T-shirts and frocks (in their encounters she wears 99% western clothes) expects her to wear a sari inside his own house when he marries and takes her home?

umm...isn't this pretty illogical? I mean see every one of his brothers wear kurta pajama suits at home, but he gets to wear denim & t-shirt. No1 has a problem, its his life.

So when he dated her she had a life of her own.. Marrying him doesn't mean she erases who she was before marriage!

I can accept and even forgive his family expecting this cz they never ever had seen her in Western stuff.
But he KNOWS.

He knows damn well she is not used to them. then why does he NOT tell 'wear ur usual clothes/whatever you are comfy in'

he didn't bring her after an arranged marriage, He fell in love with the jeans clad free spirited westernized Chhanchhan. now how come he even tells her 'SHE WILL GET USED TO?'
Isn't this hypocritical and stupid too? Not to say damn unfair!

He never warned her any of this when he courted her now did he?

I am so angry with this..

For some this might seem over the top being angry with something. but here is the thing. I wear everything CC is wearing. In fact right now I am wearing a shorts & a spaghetti strap top. that is cz I am at home and its the comfort zone. So when a girl gets married that new house is supposed to be her home..
now if the house is to be home isn't she supposed to be able to wear what she pleases in her own home?
How can a jeans wearing girl bear to wear a sari 24/7? She will feel suffocated!!

See here I am not raising the question of traditions. Cz then we have to think other things..
He picked CC, for her westernized self. And now that she is married to him he expects her to change and wear sari and cover er head?

R u serious?

I do not live in India.. But someone who does, just tell me if this really happens?
You have an affair and have a love marriage and then the girl has to change her way of dressing? And the guy who was her boyfriend and now is her hubby ACTUALLY freaking expects her to do that? ShockedOuch

These situations do occur in traditional homes but that's changing slowly.

And yes it's rather stupid of him to expect her to change! 

As for people saying chill and that one has to change after marriage, well that's PR for the show! If change is pushed down your throat, just like people's opinions are, then it's not fun Smile

People do change but not overnight, and it's not forced. It's gradual, but yes women change more than men on average. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

golpokobita

golpokobita Goldie
golpokobita
golpokobita

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:30pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by GeoS

Originally posted by golpokobita

You have all the reasons to be angry.. but think about the reality.
Manav is a son of that family..he was brought up that way. He is not a rebel by nature .. He has not so far got any compelling reason to rebel against his family traditions. 

He is a good human being, but may not be an ideal husband.. its time that will teach him..

Like others his character will also undergo transitions. That's also part of the challenge CC will have to face.

haha 
but may not be an ideal husband.???????????? can explain it?????

Of course, I can explain. 
Marrying the girl he loves does not make a man an ideal husband. It takes time for an ordinary person to accept new things in his existing life style or beliefs. A man plays many roles (like a woman does) .. of a husband, a son, a brother, an employer/employee, a father and so on... 
His role as a husband starts much later than his role as a son or brother.. He is already a son for more than 21 years when gets married.. So one day, when he becomes husband, he gets a new role, but his other roles exist with that. Initially he cannot just do what he is supposed to do for his wife. His other roles peep in... But with time,he learns how to balance between his age-old roles and the new role. With time and sense, he gets to know the priorities of his life, experience as a husband teaches him to understand what is right and what is wrong. He becomes a person who knows what his wife can and cannot do.. and then he can decide when to support his wife and when to persuade her to adjust! Remember, when he supports his wife, indirectly he persuades his other family members to adjust with her..   And finally when he keeps supporting his wife for right causes, he becomes an ideal husband.

Of course thats what I believe. But its subjective. One can have a different definition of ideal husband.

Manav was born and brought up in a traditional family. He already has some preconceived ideas about how a wife/bahu should behave and he is judging CC with that. However with time, he will also come to know that what he has seen in his family is not the most ideal situation. His bhabis never raised any issue with these culture .. so he never had the opportunity to know the otherwise. He was brought up in Boraisagar family , not in Sarabhai family. He needs time to know and understand CC's lifestyle as much as CC needs time to know and understand Manav's and his family member's life style.
Its Manav who supported CC's family with their eco-friendly marriage ceremony, with their idea to donate marriage gifts to orphanage.. Manav has got that goodness in him..

Thats all I meant when I said he is not an ideal husband, but a good human being. As a good human being he will learn to become an ideal husband soon.

Edited by golpokobita - 24 June 2013 at 1:35pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Siestaankitamishra201showviewerGuinea

Go to top