Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

golpokobita thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
You have all the reasons to be angry.. but think about the reality.
Manav is a son of that family..he was brought up that way. He is not a rebel by nature .. He has not so far got any compelling reason to rebel against his family traditions. 

He is a good human being, but may not be an ideal husband.. its time that will teach him..

Like others his character will also undergo transitions. That's also part of the challenge CC will have to face.
LuvuKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
awww sunara i didn't understand what actually he said... after reading the WU i feel the same what you have written.

Is this Ranjana bhabhi is equal to Chanchan? can she do all what chanchan can do?

wearing a saree and  doing all the work is big Achievement..omg this is terrible...

those three Bhabhi can never come near to Chanchan's talent...

why did he say like that. 

even in their room she felt difficult to walk and also before going out to bring milk she wore that pallu...so i thought seeing that Manav will ask his mom to allow CC to wear other dresses... but he didn't understand that his wife is having turf time with saree and pallu...

GeoS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: golpokobita

You have all the reasons to be angry.. but think about the reality.

Manav is a son of that family..he was brought up that way. He is not a rebel by nature .. He has not so far got any compelling reason to rebel against his family traditions. 

He is a good human being, but may not be an ideal husband.. its time that will teach him..

Like others his character will also undergo transitions. That's also part of the challenge CC will have to face.

haha 
but may not be an ideal husband.???????????? can explain it?????

DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Chill, guys πŸ˜ƒ 
No man is an ideal husband immediately after marriage ... in fact most men grow up after marriage πŸ˜› Okay - 'most' might be an exaggeration ... but all guys, especially if they have lived  only at home, don't see anything wrong in many of their family's customs and traditions. Manav has never questioned the rules of his house earlier, especially not the one applied to his bhabhis. So he automatically assumes CC will follow them. And he hasn't realised till now how uncomfortable she is in sarees ...

Guys learn to be good husbands after marriage only ... their wives teach them πŸ˜† Manav will also learn slowly ... it does happen in real life that way.
Edited by DiyaS - 10 years ago
FascinatingSanz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
dear sunara ,,,😳 sorry me i am  β˜ΊοΈ
I will think about this next time
it's drool time for me β˜ΊοΈ
lrlpam thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
In real life,guys do like their wives to wear western but when they both live with the boy's family(specially joint family),amidst the society the boy grew up in,the guy does have a tendency to encourage his wife to follow the norms! I don't approve of that though...

I too was quite stunned to hear manav say something like that. But then just like it's hard for CC to follow conventions she's not used to,I think manav too is not used to the idea of DILs of borisagar house not wearing saris...he might have taken that for granted. He didn't comment on CC's preference of clothes,he expressed his surprise at CC stumbling bcz of her sari...maybe bcz he had seen her in sari earlier. Had he been orthodox,he would have been harsher.

Anyways,I'm not taking these things too seriously. The makers obviously want manav to find faults in his perfect Chhanchhan so as to allow UB's plan to succeed. Eventually chhanchhan will be shown to change her hubby's mentality too,just like that of the the rest of the borisagar family...that's the whole point of the story. πŸ˜Š
PhoenixTears thumbnail
Thats the best part of this show that it shows the reality.. No matter you dated girl in frock or jeans, once you get married, initially you have follow all the traditions of husband's family and till initial phase gets over, you become so use to follow all these things that they didnt seem so awkward to you.. It is sad but true esp if you live with in-laws or joint family! Thats what I have seen around me... Even husband wont support you in wearing shorts/skirts if every lady in his family wears saree on daily basis, sad but true πŸ˜­ And trust me, its their favorite dialogue "I Have Full Faith on You, You will Learn Everything" πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

snowwhite28 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Every man changes after marriage. It will happen in future too. He will force or i would say want cc to be a ideal bahu. I don't think he had guts to stand against his mom's wish. This is just a start may be this small things will create problems between cc and manav in future. Which UB also wants. But i am not surprised with this. This is main quality which any saas bahu saga hero should have. I want 2 say something these things happen in real life too.
DiyaS thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: PhenoixTears

Thats the best part of this show that it shows the reality.. No matter you dated girl in frock or jeans, once you get married, initially you have follow all the traditions of husband's family and till initial phase gets over, you become so use to follow all these things that they didnt seem so awkward to you.. It is sad but true esp if you live with in-laws or joint family! Thats what I have seen around me... Even husband wont support you in wearing shorts/skirts if every lady in his family wears saree on daily basis, sad but true πŸ˜­ And trust me, its their favorite dialogue "I Have Full Faith on You, You will Learn Everything" πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

That's very true!!! After watching this, I am thanking my lucky stars at how liberal my in-laws were πŸ˜† They never said a word to me about what I wore ever!!! But most families, even not so traditional ones do ... and they expect newly married girls to wear sarees at least the first few days after marriage for sure ... no girl is expected to go back into jeans or skirts the day after her marriage ... especially not in her in-laws house.
mads thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I dont think it was abnormal at all.. lets rewind a bit to the ChanMan story ... athough most of us would like to forget what led upto the marriage for various reasons πŸ˜† now watching anuj-sanaya chemistry makes us feel and believe in how wholesome the ChanMan love is - the fact is that it was sort of a "chat mangni pat byah" type of a situation for them .. they met, became friends, fell in love and got married and even from the serial time scale point of view, all this happened in less than a year... they didnt have time to court properly..they got married pretty fast as soon as they confessed their love for each other (thanks to IPL ending πŸ˜†) .. so they havent known much about each other's past lives or for that matter learn abt each other deep inside..so Manav has no clue exactly how comfortable or uncomfortable Chanchan is in sarees.. 

He isnt telling her to change after marriage, on the other hand, he believes its perfectly normal that a girl wears sarees after marriage because that is the atmosphere that he has grown up in..and thats why he finds it a bit shocking that Chanchan couldnt carry a saree, but that according to him is as normal as breathing.. exactly like he used to believe that the elders are always right..he seems to have changed that belief of his when he confronted his own mother for lying (I wasnt watching those episodes so I dont know the details..correct me if I am wrong).. so he will soon change his beliefs too, or Chanchan will get comfortable in a saree.. I don't know which one they are planning to go ahead with..I am okay with either.. 

Because, if you ask me, I think its perfectly alright to wear a saree..nothing is as Indian as a saree and to have an Indian bahu, wearing a saree but with today's thoughts would be a first for the TV.. what I find they should change towards the end is the pallu bit .. and the fact that the DILs are not sitting for lunch/dinner with the entire family .. because those are just some traditions that have no sense but to reiterate that the DIL is inferior to the entire family .. sarees, I think are okay..