Chhan Chhan

India-Forums

Chhan Chhan
Chhan Chhan

Traditions - To Keep or Discard? (Page 8)

SpellofJoy IF-Rockerz
SpellofJoy
SpellofJoy

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 7:33am | IP Logged
good post 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaS

bkamber IF-Sizzlerz
bkamber
bkamber

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 8:19am | IP Logged

Enjoyed this post...thanks everyone for all the thoughts.

At the end of the day...life is too short...people and things come and go...things change...people change...life changes...love and be loved...respect and be respected.  Give and take maintains balance.  In order for me to be who I am, I have to accept people for who they are.
Ying Yang

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DiyaSNewbiesoapfan

golpokobita Goldie
golpokobita
golpokobita

Posted: 25 June 2013 at 12:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by DiyaS

Originally posted by golpokobita

Very nice post. A balanced summary with logic and humor.

Not all traditions are bad. So long they do not undermine a particular group or class,(especially women in most cases). For example, not allowing women to sit and have meal together with other family members is prehistoric and discriminatory. I am happy that CC expressed her disapproval on that. 
But asking married women to wear sarees is not a bad or discriminatory tradition. In fact, saree is not only traditional but also the signature wear of Indian women. So I won't say its a tradition to be outright discarded. But the question is whether somebody is comfortable in it. 
CC is not comfortable with saree but I don't mind if she takes the challenge and manages with that. (of course without pallu over her head!). I liked the idea that she wore ready made saree and that was absolutely perfect. The problem is with UB who didn't like the short cut and wanted CC to be embarrassed. 
However, regarding manav's reaction,i have a reservation. I expected him to express concern when he learnt that CC stumbled .. he should have asked if she was hurt! But I was brought back to reality. Manav is very much a real person of this society with flawed upbringing. He too would learn a lot from  CC in coming days..

Exactly ... not all traditions are bad, but they have to be adjusted with convenience and comfort as well. Why not a ready made saree? Why not a rotimaker? If UB can use mod cons like mobile phones and cars for her own comfort, why deny convenience to her bahus?

Manav is learning ... he is still not ideal husband ... IS there such a thing as ideal husband? LOL Till four weeks back, he was a Mamma's boy ... then he discovered a spine when he fell in love ...  right now he doesn't know how uncomfortable CC was ... she didn't say she didn't want to wear a saree, merely that she found it difficult because it was a heavy saree ... and he understood that and was completely sympathetic. He will learn from CC as time goes on ... men grow up only after marriage, not before!

Men's maturity depends on situation (in fact both men's and women's but specially men's). In our society, 'only' sons or the eldest sons are more matured than others simply because they face responsibilities and deal with complexities in their own hands.

Think about manav. he was born in a rich and joint family. he is the youngest of 4 brothers.. Always lived a carefree life.. never faced any problem or need .. He doesn't even work (as we saw today) and even if he wants to work, he doesn't need to look for it. He has his office cabin ready in his family business..  So you can't blame him if he fails to understand other's problems...  He never had any problem in his life! 

Tough time and hardship brings maturity and manav never experienced that. It would be really tough for him to live up to CC's standard.  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Newbiesoapfan

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Chhan Chhan Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index