Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Sakhile thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: vasu_2013

@Naava, Interesting that you brought this point. Contrary to the popular view that Purvi just dumped Arjun at the altar because she didn't fancy him anymore, Purvi really loved Arjun while she gave him up. I still think the primary reason Purvi chose not to get married to Arjun was because of Archana. Purvi knew Archana had sacrificed her family life and chose Purvi when Ovi went to Archana first with the deal. How could not Purvi reciprocate the same and sacrifice for her mom when Ovi came to her with the deal?

Plus the other factors are that a) she thought Ovi loved Arjun more than anything b) it was she, Purvi, who came in between Ovi and Arjun c) she knew Arjun loved her dearly (with him taking the bullet et all) but she wasn't sure how deep was his feelings for Ovi as well.

I had written before that for Purvi, her different social standing to Arjun-Ovi and the cold-shoulder treatment given to her and Archana by the D-clan all contributed to her decision that she is the one who needs to take a step back.

I agree with you both. Purvi is a truly complex character. She does things and gives her reasons that she believes for doing those things. However there are also other reasons why she does those things, mostly they go to her psyche as an adopted child. Some of ther reaons for doing things even she does not understand and will not want to accept as her rationale as they will show her flawed character to her.
naava thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Sakhile

I agree with you both. Purvi is a truly complex character. She does things and gives her reasons that she believes for doing those things. However there are also other reasons why she does those things, mostly they go to her psyche as an adopted child. Some of ther reaons for doing things even she does not understand and will not want to accept as her rationale as they will show her flawed character to her.

While i agree that she is complex and her actions are like those of a caretaker child from a dysfunctional family, I don't think she would be adverse to learning and growing..at least at this point.  I think you are right that she may not understand why she does things sometimes, and maybe she comes to wrong conclusions, but i certainly wouldn't call her a flawed character.  She was more headstrong at the beginning but I think has matured enough to realize her mistakes, and understand a little more.  ..i hope so at least !!!
Edited by naava - 10 years ago