Posted: 24 June 2013 at 11:54am | IP Logged
Originally posted by princessunara
Originally posted by 18shabbo
its quite a genuine reason the CV's of CC are bringing in getting ChhanChhan rid of saris(if so).
Saris though may look very beautiful , are a big danger in kitchens.
A friends mother suffered from third-degree burns while she was merely making tea in her in-laws place for the first time.
Traditional families should think of the repercussions some things may bring.
wen a dupatta catches fire , it could be flung aside , but a sari wen starts burning then it circles the person with seconds.
<font size="2" color="#0066CC" face="Comic Sans MS, Times, serif"> oh wow!
so u know of first hand experience of someone close!! omg in that case this is indeed a very good scene to show!!
I also have first hand and painful experience of fire accident in my family. Actually I get very shaky and sad when I recount it, it left a very lasting impact on me for life and today's SBS reopened those sad memories for me.
When I was 8, my dads cousin, who we were very close to, died in a freak kitchen fire.
She was in a nylon saree, getting ready to leave for work.
She had shut all doors & windows of the house as she was leaving, when she felt like having tea.
Her saree pallu caught fire, since all doors & windows were shut, neighbors could not come in on time to save her. They saw her being consumed by the flames. I cannot ever forget entering their home that evening with my mom. My dad was not in town, it was past 11 at night, so my mom had to take me along to their house for condolence.
Today's SBS brought back all those horrifying memories back to me.
I am glad they are showing this in CC to make people aware.
It is ok to wear sarees around the home, but not while cooking. Hope this episode sends a positive message to traditional families who insist on traditions while putting lives at risk.