Would Ira be ok with Ashi's dresses as a saas?

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
It suddenly occurred to me while watching old episodes of BV that Ira is on one hand talking about maryada of her family while on other hand she is ready to accept a modern bahu like Ashima...Ashima is really sweet but looking at her dresses i doubt she would have been able to adjust in Shekhar family...the girl must be used to wearing shorts, hot pants and one-piece dresses..she wore decent dresses in Jaitsar but she must be used to more exposed dresses like Saanchi wore in party in London ðŸ˜•...what do you think?
In my opinion,Ashima was a very good girl.She truly loved Shiv thats the reason why she accepted anandi easily and didn't create any havoc for them nor she was jealous of anandi.About dresses,I think first ashima wouldn't have been wore those dresses because shiv's lives in a joint family.Then after marriage girls willingly wear non revealing dresses.And modern dresses like you mentioned are not wore frequently.Though she is from london but her sasural is an indian family and she herself is an indian so I don't think she would be comfortable in weraing such dresses here as she herself wore non reaviling dresses in the village that meams she understands what is right and what is wrong.So I am quite sure ashima would have wore modern dresses like sanchi if not like anandi but not the dresses which are uncomfortable to look at for older generation.So the issue of ira not liking it will not take place.Edited by shankythebest - 10 years ago
Originally posted by shankythebest

In my opinion,Ashima was a very good girl.She truly loved Shiv thats the reason why she accepted anandi easily and didn't create any havoc for them nor she was jealous of anandi.About dresses,I think first ashima wouldn't have been wore those dresses because shiv's lives in a joint family.Then after marriage girls willingly wear non revealing dresses.And modern dresses like you mentioned are not wore frequently.Though she is from london but her sasural is an indian family and she herself is an indian so I don't think she would be comfortable in weraing such dresses here as she herself wore non reaviling dresses in the village that meams she understands what is right and what is wrong.So I am quite sure ashima would have wore modern dresses like sanchi if not like anandi but not the dresses which are uncomfortable to look at for older generation.So the issue of ira not liking it will not take place.
nice one...guess you are right and i don't think Ira would have been biased with Ashi as much as she is with Anandi so it would have been an easy way for Ashi
From whatever little they did show about Ashima, I think she was a sensible girl. She would have adjusted with Shiv's family after marriage and would have readily changed her dresses as per her in-laws choice/comfort level. Remember, she also once wore lahanga in Jaitsar.
I dont remember her much but felt she was sweet.
Would ashima sacrificed comfortable attire forever?  She can always wear them during vacations abroad.
There is a difference in many homes that an unmarried girl has to dress in certain way and a married woman has more freedom if the husband has no problem. Many mothers say to their daughter, 'do whatever you want to do after marriage.'
Ashima would have rethought about marrying Shiv when the wedding time comes close. Being a sensible liberated girl, she will realize how much ever she loves Shiv( in this case it could have been
Infatuation too) the reality of what they are will strike her. She will realize they are not made for
Each other.
Ashima was a very sensible girl. I think she would have changed her lifestyle and dressing style for Shiv and his family if they wanted her to. She tried her best to learn customs when she visited even Jaitser as a tourist.

Also she never wore that revealing sort of dresses in first place. So the kind of "modern" dresses she wore are even acceptable to Shekhars (they did not have problem with Sanchi's long skirt or the jeans etc. she wears daily).

Shiv's family was already thinking Shiv would marry Ashima. So the question of adjustment or acceptance or "not made for each other" doesn't arise at all.

Shekhars aren't the kind of family that demand DIL to wear ghunghat or forever take care of their pallu!
Ashima is a very sensible girl and really liked shiv very much. She herself knows very well that anandi is the best for shiv. As a good friend is helped shiv realize that anandi is perfect for him.
Shekhars will be fine their bahu wearing western dress. She is decent enough in her dressing.

Edited by Sheetsden - 10 years ago