Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Blast from the Past Thread #13, pg 119, epi 149 (Page 92)

IssK. Goldie
IssK.
IssK.

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by DurgaS

Some thoughts...

Over the weekend, I couldn't log into IF. Had a short visit by some close relatives who whisked us away alongwith them on their onward journey to nearby locations. Didn't mind as they were here after a long time. But was missing IF terribly. Among other places we visited some ancient temples. One of them was a Shiva-Parvati temple which was quite big. As we were roaming around the huge corridors, at a particular place I felt a sense of peace and calm, the tale of Shiva-Parvati was being narrated and suddenly I had Arnav and Khushi in mind. Having read about their similarity to the deities earlier in the forum, I couldn't help but recollect how true it was. Arnav, the angry man being calmed down by Khushi by simply laying her hand on him, and then they proceed to do their own cosmic dance and become one, just like Ardh Nareeswar (United Shiva Parvati, half man, half woman). Arnav and Khushi, complete each other in every way. Was amazed with my train of thoughts, wondering why am I thinking about a fictional couple at that time, though I felt really overwhelmed at the similarity. But certain doubts remained, am I going overboard with my craziness with IPK?

And then I come back to the room, browsing the thread on my phone and discover the conversation between Indi and IssPKaur about Khushi and women in general being robbed of their individualities in the guise of love and care.Nothing relating to my thoughts above, but I was really touched with the discussion and realised that it is perfectly sane to be mad about a TV serial. Thank you Indi, Issk and everybody else who keep digging deeper and try to bring out the hidden aspects upfront.  

Happy to be part of something, like a balm which soothes
Rambling, to my heart's content, without worrying about the length of the spaces
It is thrilling, while writing, to discover a rhyming word
Thank you for keeping us sane, in this crazy crazy world.

now you're talking, durga... aah what a lovely piece. of course, it is most natural to wander off to asr khushi at the mention of any fabled couple... and you're talking the cosmic jodi. shiva the wild one, smoking pot, hanging out with the guys, ungroomed, spaced out, but utterly pure and elevated, gorgeous in parvati's eyes, she with a father who stood firmly against the union (what a plot). i am not much of a temple goer, though sometimes i hear a call and land up or have a dire need and rush off... but that image of the not perfect yet fabulous male, with his immense anger... his dance of rage... his wife completely immersed in him, and he in her... mmm i am not surprised you thought of some people.

every great love story leading to union through that indescribable feeling called love is at some level the same, isn't it? which is why, radha krishna was brought up so many times i guess in ipk, only that they subverted the whole thing... she was his mami they say, and he the lover of thousands of gopis, they never married, yet was there ever a greater love epic in our land... what maturity thousands of years ago, that understanding of a feeling.

glad my chat with isspkaur helped you feel less lunatic.

Durga!

You speak with such clarity always. Arnav and Khushi, an eternal couple they are through their massive following... eulogized to mythic proportions, almost... so even though i initially balked at the idea that there've been discussions comparing them to deities, I do totally get it as well. And Indi has made it come alive with the mention of the "
not perfect yet fabulous male, with his immense anger... his dance of rage... his wife completely immersed in him, and he in her" (Wah mere ocean!) They are in our lives whether we like it or not...i make in my head references to them in the oddest of places...not to mention anything remotely in the region of ishq pyaar mohobbat.

I loved the lines :
Happy to be part of something, like a balm which soothes
Rambling, to my heart's content, without worrying about the length of the spaces
...is exactly how i feel!

There is sukoon here, and soch, asli waali...and you all so warm it makes meHeart DancingParty

Edited by IssPKaur - 02 July 2013 at 1:24pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

DurgaSKatelynMysticaldivineindi52

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by supriya.arshi

Durga this is just outright beautifulClap...perfect poem for Lavanya...superb StarClapHeart

Thanks Supriya and thanks for all the stars and hearts in the poem too. Embarrassed Felt good writing a proper poem after many days. Smile 

Originally posted by BarunDiwani

Gorgeous tribute to La Durgey.  Indeed she was a girl in love and i do feel her love was unconditional for Arnav.  Loved how the writers wrote La in her last few episodes. Finally it felt that her due character showed itself after a number of major inconsistencies. I fee finally her character is done justice to here by writers and by Sana, who for me always fell short in reaching this character's potential. these last few scenes with her were marvelous and left a big mark in all of our hearts! would've bee nice to see her return, but maybe she just couldn't for she was a girl in loveWink 

Ami, thanks for liking the poem. I agree, the writers did mess up her character, but they did full justice to it towards the end and Sana did a very good job too. Me too wished for her return but not for NK, maybe in some other way denoting that she managed to move on and found her own share of happiness.

Originally posted by Horizon

You made me love Lavanya today Durga! Just a wonderful piece of tribute to this selfless girl! Loved every bit.. esp the last verse. Honestly, I couldn't feel Lavanya's love much as she seemed to be in an eternal denial bordering stupidity for her supposed IQ levels. Perhaps the realistic me.. but the way she most gracefully exited.. redefines grace itself.. and set a bench mark in Indian Telly! Hats of to the Cvs and to you for poetically bringing out the hidden emotions of this girl!

Thanks Horizon. For all the mess they did with her character, turning her into a brainless chic, the writers really gave justice to her before she exited. I agree such a character wasn't seen before on Indian telly. The heart really goes out to her when she leaves.

Originally posted by cinthiann1758

My dear sweet Durga,  This poem is just beautiful and makes me too, fall in love with our dear La.  Just wonderfully written and poor La she chose to close her eyes hoping beyond hope that he would return her love.  If it wasn't for Lavanya, kushi would not have been around him to tempt him so much or to break those walls around both La and Arnav's hearts.  Lavanya as well as Arnavji let those walls tumble and they became who they were supposed to be!  Thank you for your brilliance!

Thank you so much Cynthia. For long La so wished that things would change in her favour, but finally she had to agree that it was not to be. Very well said in bold above. I agree to it completely.

Edited by DurgaS - 02 July 2013 at 1:39pm

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

supriya.arshiHorizoncinthiann1758KatelynMysticaldivine

Katelyn IF-Rockerz
Katelyn
Katelyn

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:26pm | IP Logged
New clip to share!  I really prefer to watch with English subtitles.  The downside of dubbing is that it will take away the quality acting by Barun and Sanaya and the rest of the cast!  Voice modulation is a big factor here!  ASR's voice has to be powerful and intense when he is angry.   Oh well...but looking forward to the high quality picture!  I do hope someone will upload them!! 

Ok Blasters, how you do feel about this!!

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Season 1 returns to Star Life OK Hindi-2PM English-6PM

cr to uploader

Edited by Katelyn - 02 July 2013 at 1:37pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Preety_womanMysticaldivinesohara

soni19sweet IF-Sizzlerz
soni19sweet
soni19sweet

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:31pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Katelyn

New clip to share!  I really prefer to watch with English subtitles.  The downside of dubbing is that it will takes away the quality acting by Barun and Sanaya and the rest of the cast!  Voice modulation is a big factor here!  ASR's voice has to be powerful and intense when he is angry.   Oh well...but looking forward to the high quality picture!  I do hope someone will upload them!! 

Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon Season 1 returns to Star Life OK Hindi-2PM English-6PM

cr to uploader

good 
but not that feel 
i mean language 
you are right di 
but whatever they are on screen 
dont know what rong india has done with them

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katelyn

IssK. Goldie
IssK.
IssK.

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:33pm | IP Logged

^ Good morning, Indus, the Ocean and all Blasters!!  IssPKaur, what an awesome nickname for Indi!! Thumbs Up  Thanks for sharing Zora's vm, Indi!  What a great way to start the day!  I'm more of a coffee drinker like our ASR.  I like mine nice and strong!! Wink

Ya nice, no? Me proud! Smile

And the VM is fab! Zoha a true blue rockstar!

As for me, I'd like mine strong too.. though nice is not my cup of tea so much WinkLOL

Katelyn

IssK. Goldie
IssK.
IssK.

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:36pm | IP Logged

New clip to share!  I really prefer to watch with English subtitles.  The downside of dubbing is that it will takes away the quality acting by Barun and Sanaya and the rest of the cast!  Voice modulation is a big factor here!  ASR's voice has to be powerful and intense when he is angry.   Oh well...but looking forward to the high quality picture!  I do hope someone will upload them!! 

cr to uploader

OMG what was that?!

Katelyn

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:43pm | IP Logged

Thank you all for the comments on my 'Some thoughts' post. Would really like to reply, but it is quite late, got to go to bed. So will reply tomorrow. Good night from me and Good day to you all who are still here. Smile

Katelyn

Katelyn IF-Rockerz
Katelyn
Katelyn

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:45pm | IP Logged

Good night, Durga!  Sweet dreams!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Preety_womanDurgaScinthiann1758

Go to top