Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Blast from the Past Thread #13, pg 119, epi 149 (Page 91)

soni19sweet IF-Sizzlerz
soni19sweet
soni19sweet

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Katelyn

Originally posted by salooni

@Salooni
You are very welcome!  I'm glad to help you!!

thanks for your swwett gesture di 

Very cute because this is the first time ever that anyone called me Di!!! LOL

oh this 
i call everyone elder di 
so thought to tell you also 
is it ok 
as i call arshi di also di 
i have no real elder sister i am only the elder and my naugt and mind eeating younger sister
so miss elder care 
that is give my responsibility to other easily

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

IssK.shesherkobitaKatelynsohara

Horizon IF-Dazzler
Horizon
Horizon

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:48pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by IssPKaur

Originally posted by indi52

episode 139

"i laud agni, the chosen priest, god, minister of god, the hotar, lavishest of wealth..."

"invisible threads are the strongest ties"
~~~ friedrich nietzsche ~~~

Amazing write-up and great symbolism, Indi. Fire, you have spoken of most eloquently in your writing...but in the context of our beloved one, the Ocean... you have one inside you! And each time one thinks one has reached the depth of it, there is more. That is so heartening to know... and valuable to experience! Star

About the episode...you always inspire me to relate to my own, very basic understanding of things Embarrassed and i thrive in this space...

It took way too long to bear, but finally the truth emerges. Sometimes things take very long to unravel... for the mind is a strange cookie. The urge to curb one's own instinct so that status quo can be maintained, is so deep-seated . Why is there such comfort in letting things remain as they are? And self-doubt... the nemesis as it has been for countless women... a consequence of a long long shared, collected, passed on history of no voice...it says don't speak up...you can't be right...you don't know enough... But then... Truth has it's own voice. It cannot be strangled forever. It must come up for air... and when it does, it lights up the universe. Ok... I'm probably out meandering now...back to 139! 
This episode brings such relief to the soul. That slap, so deeply satisfying. One feels her pain, it's written all over her...and yet, one knows this is a good thing to have happened. The best thing. The writers, bless them, proceed swiftly to give her, and us, manna from heaven, the only kind that truly matters : she makes it to the poolside. What more could one have possibly asked for at this juncture? What unfolds, like you wonderfully quote in your piece, is the strength of an "invisible thread". Probably the most subtle and the most powerful invisible thread, played out with such care and delicacy, in a long long while...

For that, 139, Thank You.

hi isspk,

ever since i read your lines, me in deep thought, very touched in those invisible places within us. i must ramble, this is most unstructured, plenty jumps and jagged grammar there. but read please. Embarrassed

your second set of lines in pink... about "our long shared, collected, passed on history of no voice" as you put eloquently, your quiet words accentuating the violence and terror in that silence... it has me thinking and feeling so sad for our kind. really, no group of people has been as consistently suppressed and muffled as women have age after age no matter where, no matter what. other cultures i can't speak of, but in my society, it is endemic... hidden often in the guise of "care" for our gender, concern, even "love." in the end you are commodity... cattle, being managed... no status of your own.. no voice.

i always protest against the regressive penchant of our media when it comes to women. with songs and so called images of woman power (oh how they subvert everything) we are still being told, you are an object that has to be useful to a social structure... you bear children, you exist for your family... to even think of individual aspirations is wrong. somehow story after story this has been peddled. modern, traditional., educated, uneducated, smart, stupid, rich, poor, whatever... know your place, woman.

and if you're a man... everything goes... a sexually depraved, murdering, wife beating, mother insulting, disgusting creature was the stalwart of a popular serial, never facing any censure for his ways. a popular star at that. really what does is say about our channels, and even more scary... about us.

because that silence weighs so heavy inside, that line in pink in your first para, came to be. i am a barun sobti fan... i will watch anything he does. but in asr i found the man, that every woman deserves to meet in her life. oh he is full of flaws, and makes all too human errors despite his shatir dimaag and treats the woman he adores terribly... but not because he would treat all women that way. in fact, the opposite. his interactions with all the women in his life, shows a rare respect and sensitivity in fact. he belongs to a clan that believes in that silence... his dad possibly never even thought what he did was wrong. very often boys of such families turn out to be exactly the way their father was.

every day we see such people.

but there are those, whose love or something else in them makes them learn and protest against it... call it galat. he does that... how flat and matter of fact his voice when he told his regressive dadi what's really what.

and to his girl friend and wife... never change... be who you are. how many men who are wealthy and successful, would say to his wife, well no need to try and be someone for my sake... i love you as you are, stay who you are.

he is liberal and thinking in every way. with lavanya, a sense of equality... and a realisation within of where he was in error. yet la doesn't blame him. why? because she knew even when he came to pick her up to move in, that something was not as it seemed... but she went along because shew anted it so much. a rare understanding of us humans by ordinary tv writers here.

arnav singh raizada doesn't think you should do this or that or something else, especially because you are a woman. he believes intrinsically in the equal place of men and women. and has the greatest respect for the women in his world... most interestingly, he doesn't feel he is less in any way, when he is not able to escape the goons and his wife's little water trick saves him. his "mardangi" that old male obsession in the valleys and fields and mountains of the indus, the ganges, the cauvery, doesn't seem to be threatened in any way... instead a proud, thrilled smile, "khushi kumari gupta singh raizada."

in many ways, and i realise this every now and then, he reminds me of men in my life... i have been super lucky to have them... the grandfather who was hugely respected in his profession, a "giant" in the family, who doted on me and looked the other way while i read fairly adult stuff right before him (oh what a sweetheart this man), a father who dreamed more for my future i felt than he did for his boys, and a husband, who said, just do it, in fact quite worried me with his lack of need to be clung to... all these men had seen those men that suffocated women. yet when it came to their lives, they chose different.

i could do a doctorate on asr, vis a vis, indian society and the need for this renaissance man now today here. especially as new money vitiates everything further. and of course, without barun sobti, he wouldn't have breathed, i wouldn't have been dead. his was the fire that kindled that asr flame. forever thrilled with that.

best of all, not a pompous boor of a do gooder renaissance man, a cool, sexy, thinking, energetic, complicated, principled, successful type who is ready to be your equal in every way. and his little paternalistic ways you can give him one yell about and maybe he'll try and change them... as long as he never forgets exactly how to flirt, i am good.

when we've all had our fun and games and the oohing and aahing about his sexiness is still at play (forever, please LOL), but we can see the rest of asr, i hope we know why he is absolutely spectacular. and why it's time to look beyond our erroneous, planted, unexamined standards of what makes a man "good." and what makes a woman a woman.

there was at least one writer here who had a clear agenda... he or she was fed up of the silence... and decided to bring forth a man who lets us... no, makes us... speak and wants to hear our voice.

this is why it sickened me when they tried to reduce him again at the end, upped the "mahanta" angle of the "devi" woman who does everything for her fam... she doesn't even have sex with her husband after her "proper" ugh marriage, too busy setting the world right.

we women are extraordinarily strong and natural born survivors as a lot that we have managed to grow and live despite the life thrown at us all because we are physically weaker. we even manage to laugh joke party... amazing.

Just reminds me vociferously why I am here despite all the crazy demands of AD.. just speechless Indi... Why we love and respect this man.. inspite of or paradoxically.. for who he is.. to you and to ASR ...ClapClapClap

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

IssK.Katelynindi52

soni19sweet IF-Sizzlerz
soni19sweet
soni19sweet

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:52pm | IP Logged
arshi di 
i am just flying high with your download idea 
i never knew seeing arshi will be so easy. 
i have taught a lot about writng and effect by you and sohara thanks for that and other 
thanks 
arshi di 

IssK.shesherkobitaKatelyn

Katelyn IF-Rockerz
Katelyn
Katelyn

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:53pm | IP Logged

@Salooni

oh this 
i call everyone elder di 
is it ok 
i have no real elder sister i am only the elder and my naugt and mind eeating younger sister
so miss elder care 

No worries, Salooni!  I actually like it!  I made the comment because I'm Cambodian/Chinese/Thai so now you understand why!  LOL  I've been this forum since May of last year and you are the first one!! Embarrassed

IssK.shesherkobitasoharasoni19sweet

soni19sweet IF-Sizzlerz
soni19sweet
soni19sweet

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 12:57pm | IP Logged

@Salooni

oh this 
i call everyone elder di 
is it ok 
so miss elder care 

No worries, Salooni!  I actually like it!  I made the comment because I'm Cambodian/Chinese/Thai so now you understand why!  LOL  I've been this forum since May of last year and you are the first one!! Embarrassed

no worries when i here
actually my work is this only to make every friends without wasting time 
it is so obvious di 
when we are getting world's larget treasure in plenty and free then why not to grab 
it 
not like them you run after artifical happiness 
actually i prefer smart moveWink

IssK.shesherkobitaKatelyn

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by divsarunfan

superb diMonkey Icon Yoyo

Hey, thanks Div. Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katelyn

Horizon IF-Dazzler
Horizon
Horizon

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:05pm | IP Logged

Cynthia, just saw that pic of your family while catching up on the pages. You do look ravishing in red. Thanks for sharing the pic, Thanks Arshi for posting it here.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

shesherkobitaKatelyn

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 02 July 2013 at 1:12pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by DurgaS

Made me cry, Durga! Oh the beauty of the girl in love!! Your poem is so like Lavanya herself Hug It touches a chord with its purity and candor HeartHeart

IssK,

Thank you for the lovely words. Hug I had to write something for her. Not a happy sight when someone's heart breaks and she really doesn't complain or retaliate. But infact becomes selfless, perhaps another lesson she got from Khushi?

Your heart goes out to the underdog, I see...mine too...glad you wrote for her. She really impressed, didn't she...
And I'd say love makes one selfless maybe.. but Wiwy might ROFL and 'Loveguru' me to death LOL... But is true, isn't it? Khushi did inculcate a lot in her, coaching her with love and generosity... but when it was time for exit, she may have given ASR the biggie...Pyaar hamesha sabse bada hota hai! No malice, no bitterness, pure grace. She was truly a girl in love!!

Oh yes, she did impress. Nobody expected her to do what she did. And that's where she won all the accolades. That line 'Pyaar hamesha sabse bada hota hai!' really hit the nail this time, and perhaps ASR started to think in that direction from this point.

IssK.cinthiann1758KatelynMysticaldivine

Go to top