Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Blast from the Past Thread #13, pg 119, epi 149 (Page 137)

kushikumari Goldie
kushikumari
kushikumari

Posted: 02 August 2013 at 12:55pm | IP Logged
[QUOTE=indi52]
episode 140

"phone karoon ya na karonn..." should i call or not...
felt like a whole confession of deep abiding forever sort of love to me...

i have never seen asr in this quandary. he does what he wants to... since when does he wonder and fret... that too about making a call? but she was crying, she hadn't completed her sentence... then she'd upped and left with a cryptic..."hume jaana hoga."

he ran after her, well he tried not to let it be obvious... glided smoothly (i was half dead at the sight of course, needing to rewind several times to catch the scene) into the living area following khushi... but asr doesn't chase after departing girls with incomplete sentences... yet this asr does. people talk about arnav and asr and the difference and as if he is his own doppelganger. and it's an either or situation... asr or arnav. i have always thought of him as one single person, a side of him choked by tragedy. leaving a hard, stony, surface to view, not too many chances to peak within. a fort as it were with reinforced ramparts and a very wide mote, drawbridge usually up.
couldn't agree more. as asr, simply captivating, and as arnav truly irresistible.
the arrival of khushi, the connect with her, begins to bring down this fort... let us peer in. she released his withheld side... he grew back into all of him... in my way of thinking... he never really changed and became someone else...he was always this man. the potential was a given. the catalyst came along.

i adore asr with his good, bad, indifferent... he feels complete and real. there will always be inexplicable sides to him, and that gussa, that is his. but now, the tenderness trickles in when he least suspects and a need to listen carefully to someone, look for signs... he wants to give a damn... he wants to be the one she says everything to... only he still doesn't know why.

in the process, anjali slowly allowed herself to become less and less, till nothing of her practically remained visible... without him i am nothing. what a position to have. this was perhaps anjali's fortress, this retiring from herself... letting someone else become everything. strange how humans cope. there was tragedy in her life... so when there was a clamour for her to meet someone, i was a bit what the... she needed to digest the horror first, didn't she... slowly away from any interference or manipulation find her way back again? ... badi sayani... needed to get to her mind again.

sorry to digress, but every time i see anjali minus shyam, she seems like another person altogether. some relationships actually suffocate and kill people. we may think marriage is symbiotic, two equals equally nourished by each other.

but what if it's between a parasite and a host? where the former saps the latter of all strength.

khushi is in the heart of a storm. the man she was engaged to is anjali's husband. that in itself is enough reason to shatter and never trust a soul again. but here are deeper issues. and the entire episode builds these... sometimes the writing is too insistent, heavy handed... as though making sure the viewer gets the point... huge amounts of lines on how important the relationship is to anjali... nani ji, mama ji, mami ji, then anjali... in quick succession all bring it up. for good measure some blessing the couple and praying for their continued happiness is also called for.

we are shown how much he is loved by all.

then comes shyam's deadly road runner act. he will use every ploy he can... usually that involves sensing someone's weakness and cashing in on it big time... in this case, khushi's love for her family... "kin haalaat," under what circumstances they got engaged... he even tries to win the gentle khushi's mind with stories of not getting love in that rich people's home... everything he can think of, he manages to convince her that he had actually wanted to tell her before their engagement... but finally, a little surpise. khushi walks off. enough.

the constant harping on the issue of anjali's dependence and shyam's evil, which together writers hope will convince us that khushi needed to conceal the truth... is frankly tiring.

when your proposition is weak, i guess you must convince much.

but could we equally say, had khushi not been swayed by anything and divulged the truth to him... we wouldn't have needed to come to the terrace that night?

was there a sense of krishna here again... was khushi somewhere responsible for that wedding in a temple? her action set it off. somewhere an acknowledgment that see it how you will, but hiding the truth was incorrect and led to the hell it did. if only, there is mention of that later, especially the night he goes to apologise to her.

after repeatedly watching the episodes, I am left with no doubt that each GH member had a selfish reason for hiding the truth. and, NO, it was not because Kushi asked them to. Both Buaji and amma did not want to deal with the repercussions. they wanted a marriage and a happy life for payal, no more heart breaks or the burden of trying to get the girls married. Lets face it, the Raizadas were a class apart, it definitely meant a comfortable life for Payal, who would want to jeopardize that?
Payal, on the other hand, though initially supportive of Kushi speaking the truth, caved in later. to a large extent, this was easier than having to go through the awkwardness of having to explain. and may be risk having the marriage called off?
for all the talk on values, their actions seem more about convenience...
Shashi... the only one who didn't think twice when he saw Anjali- his concern came through strongly, sadly no one understood.

Coming to Kushi- yes, initially she held her tongue and ran, she didn't want to hurt her arnavji. some time at the mandir cleared her thoughts though, and she decided anji had to know. but she buckled. to some extent I can understand her not revealing the truth on the engagement day. but, I truly cannot understand why she never brought it up later. every day she was at RH, watching shyam come up with one antic after another... and still, the truth didn't matter? Yes, I do understand how kushi felt at the betrayal, but I do believe that it is far easier to get over an engagement/ betrayal of that sort, than it would be for Anji and the rest of the Raizada family to get over. Shyam's betrayal was far more devastating to the Raizadas at any level. They had a right to know. And, by keeping silent, Kushi was not protecting them, but egging Shyam on. We saw it, she saw it. and yet, nothing! she continued to turn a blind eye. did the thought of approaching the subject and having to go through some unpleasantness stop her? kushi doesn't come across to me as a strong person. she has been shown more than once to avoid discussions which are uncomfortable to her. she would rather make up her mind and let it be... its the easier way out.

Kushi was a victim of circumstances as far as shyam's betrayal goes. But, anji was a victim of human error, not made in ignorance, but for selfish reasons. Where anji should have been the one taking a stand, she was left clueless. and the 'other woman' decided for her. some one far younger, far behind on relationships and definitely not mature enough to handle delicate situations.

a wrong notion, that strong people do not make mistakes and acknowledging they've made a big one will tarnish them somehow. we forgave asr his relationship with la... we didn't call him lech and creep because he was falling for khushi while still with another woman. why? because the character was real and honest... my belief. making khushi unreal was the biggest disservice to her. smacked of a male dominated, fuzz creating television world where we are fed a completely wrong notion of female power... again keeping us prisoners of "culture" completely without voice.

in this milieu... to have given us lavanya... please will the writer who got away with it, stand up and accept a long ovation from an old woman.

Hi Indi,
feels wonderful to get back to reading you. my thots in green.

-kk

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

indi52

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 05 August 2013 at 2:46am | IP Logged
^^^

hi kk,

good to see you...

such a wonderful chat about khushi's nature... and yes, all the guptas having reasons of their own to not reveal shyam's truth.

shashi gupta was the only one who feared nothing... but he could not speak. payal was totally uncomfortable but then she relented. a bit unconvincing, yes? if i were deeply in love with a  guy, both opf us the quiet principled sort, i would draw him aside and tell him about his chaotic jeeja ji. i may not create a scene, i may even sort of go along with the fam... but i would not not tell akash. that was the thing.

writing had a lot of looseness... all their energy went in  creating and keeping asr... even khushi became just a vehicle of that... characterisation was strong... but plot was super weak... finally everyone had to be played with to suit the messy progress of tale. why, i wonder.

anyone can tell, khushi was not doing the right thing... that the girl they started out with, who had a lot in her (and i am ok with flaws as long as along the way there's some sort of realisation) was becoming ridiculous with all the nonsense they made her do... yet.

and not just this time. when she brought shyam back without telling a soul, i couldn't believe it. this man has just tried to kill asr, her arnav ji, then her, and finally managed to kill his own child.. yet, di ke liye, she calls him back... and asr is not even allowed to get mad at her. what gobbledegook writing was this.

the writer failed to find a halfway convincing way of bringing shyam back.

happens in serials all the tine. hurts when the show starts meaning more than just a tv show... when you sense its potential and that is never realised, on the contrary, completely crushed.

Blast from the Past #15 Extension ~ The Practice

Edited by indi52 - 05 August 2013 at 2:46am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

samin6

Go to top