Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Blast from the Past Thread #13, pg 119, epi 149 (Page 134)

Horizon IF-Dazzler
Horizon
Horizon

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by cinthiann1758

Originally posted by Horizon

Total water shed on my hopes  and anticipation... I needed perhaps glasses to look at the  retelecast timings.. it was 1100AM PST .. not PM as I thought and getting all excited last few days.  How can I be home at 200PM week day? Feels as if I have lost IPK all over again!!  Reminds of a Jab We Met dialogue "poora din yehi sochthi rehthi hun, kya bol ke manavun use". (keep thinking this all day, how do I convince him).. whom do we convince to give us our IPK back??!!

Craziness unlimited??? Lunacy???

Horizon i know how you feel just when I thought I could get TV Asia on uverse I order call them and they say they are no longer in contract with the tvstation.  I nearly went off on the representative.  I told him they must renegotiate because we in the US need that channel to see our show.  i am losing it!!!!

ha ha, loving this conversation.

horizon, jab we met was not my thing because i have no vibe with kareena, but shahid kapoor was lovely (ami, sun rahin hain aap) and he was named after my husband's first boss (a beautiful man), so i couldn't help but watch... the romance element in it was so mmm, that line is too good in the great hunt for ipk context. not being able to "manao" anything and more than six months of dire starvation has taken me to writing fan fic ROFL.

you are wondering about the state of your mind, cynthia is yelling at cable guys... too good.

craziness unlimited? lunacy? losing it? maybe it's time to start a something called... ipk and its lost it girls, like peter pan and the lost boys, we ain't growin' up and stoppin' that dreamin'... tinkerbell is there somewhere surely... c'mon, some pixie dust and ipk at the right hour where cynthia, horizon, and indi are (i am not getting the re-telecast, despite being willing to pay extra for another cable operator... Cry)
... and some day soon ipk season zwei.

Indi, Kareena is NOT my thing either, but its all Imtiaz Ali.. Imtiaz Ali.. all over..I haven't seen anyone else there.. except the director.. I am very much a director's viewer than actors.  Romance was great in that , my fav scene, when he comes to Simla searching for her, and from a distance watches teary eyed this chatter box like girl sitting in a corner quietly eating her sandwich.. and all the ensuing dialogues between them. Only movie I know all dialogues in recent times.. ofcourse that is becos it belonged to pre IPK time. Post  IPK haven't watched any movies until English Vinglish and Talaash recently.  There is another BW movie that touched me a lot in recent years.. "Jodha- Akbar".. I might make a separate post about it  at some point as that so much resembles a  Khushi and ASR story for me!

Sorry that you don't get it, perhaps time to bug Rajan Sigh's equivalent in South East Asia. Hugs for that in red. 

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758indi52Mysticaldivine

Horizon IF-Dazzler
Horizon
Horizon

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 11:57pm | IP Logged

[QUOTE=Horizon]

I would certainly buy that in red Indi. Yes, one those those factors when playing iconic characters! 
You might know this already, but  I read it only last Dec that Barun actually took "personality grooming classes" for 4/5 weeks to enact ASR! so some of it was certainly deliberate.  I did find his voice a bit flat in that first scene, but from his looks to the sharp dialogues to those eyes.. everything else about it made up for that! Yes that "phenk do" was some thing, super cold!

Forgot to mention, that "ja rahi ho" scene, a briallint flash just when we all thought the magic has gone into oblivion. It is also special, as that episode was the first time I saw your post on the main forum. I guess you were mostly hiding inside threads!:)

hi,

never knew about those grooming classes, thanks for the info. must say, it gave him something. you can see bits of asr in bhph (recently saw epi 131, dishy and that sexy thing), but the leap from cute gangly shravan to asr... something.

you read my post after that ja rahi h episode... and remember? me grateful, delighted. wonder what i'd written. i used to be totally concerned about the two lead characters and write about that, the remarriage freaked me out and a long post on that too. but the thing of changing asr and making him "acceptable" that killed me. i remember writing why create him if you can't live with him.

honestly, in my life i do not want a naitik, a sooraj, a mr bajaj, a mr kapoor, i don't want any tv hero really... but asr i don't mind. LOL i'll take him with his gussa, his arrogance, his edgy attitude, his slightly superior air, even around me, the works. and if he should ever slip and start forgiving my ruinous decisions with gentle smiles and soft kisses, i'd pay a shrink to get him back into being his awfulness. really.
[/QUOTE

Indi, here is what you wrote  for the Ja Rahi ho epi. Still in my inbox as you PMed me with response to my comment!

You made posts for all those others? Wonder how I missed those as your style of writing is something that would stand out for me any day. Glad to be here to be able to read you again what all I missed then. 

ASR any day with all his attitude intact is much the guy I would like than the sugar coated TV damads.. alas.. they tried to make him one!! 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758DurgaSindi52Mysticaldivine

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 3:09am | IP Logged

@Samin, @Anita

Thanks for liking my poem 'A girl in love'. Smile 

@Samin

My daughter too would be at the back of me for a sibling, my mother nudging her sometimes. She's given up now, but she's not happy with the situation. And that trick you suggested, I've tried that too, but she says she's ok, will manage. LOL Aww, my poor baby. But, she does get possessive if I play with some other child. LOL 

Hope your daughter had a great birthday party. Wishing her a happy birthday in advance. Smile

Edited by DurgaS - 08 July 2013 at 4:07am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758Mysticaldivine

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 3:27am | IP Logged

Indi, here is what you wrote  for the Ja Rahi ho epi. Still in my inbox as you PMed me with response to my comment!

You made posts for all those others? Wonder how I missed those as your style of writing is something that would stand out for me any day. Glad to be here to be able to read you again what all I missed then. 

ASR any day with all his attitude intact is much the guy I would like than the sugar coated TV damads.. alas.. they tried to make him one!! 

many thanks for reminding me of that post. oh, i remember that day, so much talk and disappointing news all around. i was also quite upset about some things. then suddenly that episode... i had to write a piece on the main forum dedicated to it. glad i did, because when i read it again, still felt right, and the magic of those days came back. thank you for remembering. i am saving it now in my index, and i am honoured you liked it so much. thank you.

Horizoncinthiann1758Mysticaldivine

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 3:44am | IP Logged

vampish vulture LOL

durga, thanks for this poem. la deserves much. a unique character really. and so much like many of us. i highlighted your introduction because i fell for it. that's where the writing was for me. and your refrain... for she was a girl... in love, has the power of a song's refrain. i can almost hear it. me totally love this. i want to see what happened to la... some day. and i don't mean if she found a man. there was always potential in this flakepot with a kind heart who didn't think much but when required to, thought deeper than most, a rare maturity and giving in her. people are like that. felt real. (the ridiculous let's make la duh scenes notwithstanding).

here's to round round.

Thanks for loving the poem along with the introduction too Indi. And yes, that was a song's refrain. Of late, I have been having music playing in my head for most of my poems. I guess, this is the first time for an English one. Yes, it would have been interesting to see what happened to her, of course without putting her in an awkward position. She could have her own story.

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 3:56am | IP Logged

Originally posted by DurgaS

Indi,

This song is for you. From the itti/itta talk to the chiaroscuro finding. Thank you for giving us not itti si but lot of khushi Big smile Embarrassed 

Credit to the uploader

i am itna itna itna touched, durga ji. thank you... lovely song. and that movie so needed bs and si.

Indi, was watching the movie Sat afternoon, while I waited to get back the lappy. Had tried to watch earlier too, but in parts and couldn't make out what the plot is. But, I finally did that day and realised that the story was going back and forth in mainly 3 time zones. Reminded me of your story. And when this song started with the word 'itti', I knew I had to post this as I was still chuckling intermittently remembering your posts that morning. BS and SI in those roles, wow. Don't want to dream, because want it to happen in real. Roles like these and better ones too. Don't know about season 2, but both of them pairing up again and that too for movies is something we can surely hope for.

Edited by DurgaS - 08 July 2013 at 3:57am

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 5:43am | IP Logged
^^^ durga,
the two of them together are really good, they have vibe as actors. who knows, maybe some day. hope is a crazy thing, won't go away just because you keep hearing no again and again.

cinthiann1758DurgaSMysticaldivine

Horizon IF-Dazzler
Horizon
Horizon

Posted: 08 July 2013 at 7:42am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DurgaS

Originally posted by cinthiann1758

[QUOTE=Horizon]

ls!!Confused 

Horizon, totally understand your plight. It must be heartbreaking to make that discovery. I myself have been checking the TV listings of both Life OK and Star Utsav daily, just to check if there is any change in the Monday schedule. So desperate to see the title in the list of scheduled programmes. I remember, on the day the last episode was to be telecasted on Star Utsav, I was staring at the title in the listings for a long time, because I knew I wouldn't be watching the name 'Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon' again in that listing. Unhappy 

Boss getting sick calls, ah, you are making strategies already! LOL 

Durga,I haven't watched IPK on big screen after Nov 30th again. I know how it must have felt on last day on Star Utsav.  But just realized that there is a evening time telecast on TV asia here.Big smile So i seem to be on high again. I am eating you guys' heads too much on this I guess. Feels juvenile but what to do you know how it feels.

Yes, was scheming big time to avoid work. Now hopefully no need.

Thanks for understanding. I hope there will be a rerun in India too as we hear it may replace an existing show on Life OK now.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DurgaSMysticaldivine

Go to top