Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Blast from the Past Thread #13, pg 119, epi 149 (Page 108)

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 04 July 2013 at 2:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Katelyn

Originally posted by Horizon

Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

@ Blasters ,friends,sisters, Di's 

Sorry ladies kind a busy welcoming my sister who I am going to see after 12 years .Last time I was in India for her marriage and now she has two kids ...they are excited as I am .She is my youngest sister.

Here is my latest update posting before going to Airport...SORRY FOR NOT READING ANYONE AS BUSY COOKING AND DOING THINGS FOR HER. Wish me luck.as I am very bad at Good buys and welcoming ...can't stop myself ...

Revelations&Realizations

Thnx for reading and commenting

Arshi

Arshi, that IS  a real REUNION. 12 years.. too long my friend.. I am sure you both will enjoy and cherish each moment.. and you would be a wonderful host sis! Being the youngest of three sisters, having lost my mother at very young age, we sisters are very closely attached to each other..  I exactly know how it feels!
Drive safe.. holiday traffic could be a killer.. and I can already see you both driving back home in all laughter!! Have a blast my dear!

Wow, 12 years is a long time!  Have a great time spending with your sister and family!  I'm so happy for you, Arshi!!  Take care!

Arshi, that really is too long a time to meet your young sister. You must be really joyful. Wish you lots of happy time with your sister and her family. Hoping your sister brings back atleast the word calm back in your dictionary. Embarrassed 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katelyn

IssK. Goldie
IssK.
IssK.

Posted: 04 July 2013 at 2:16am | IP Logged
Originally posted by indi52

Originally posted by IssPKaur

[QUOTE=indi52]
episode 141 

issk,

there in pink Clap Clap Clap. especially the second para... you express a feeling  that was possibly in every viewer's mind... certainly mine. he is expressing... it is the rarest of rare moments. beautiful.

that quote, though i am not familiar with the poet... is apt and heady. jo meri hasti thi mit chuki hai... for a moment it does feel like that. it is an immersion in khushi, and it had to come at a moment unexpected... in a skillful writer's mind an amazing moment comes about, on the one hand a rare treat for the audience... on the other, a smooth way of effecting a separation from his girl friend. that hand on the shoulder... what a subtle and powerful sign of getting the point.

later, again a hand on the shoulder, to stop la from not accepting the truth... not hearing it. niiice, don't ya think?

Allahabadi... most underrated, Indus. Think Ghulam Ali...think his popular ghazal rendition, "Hungama Hai Kyon Barpa, Thodi Si Jo Pii Lii Hai"... that's Allahabadi. For me, it was an inspired, spontaneous move quoting that couplet, something i wouldn't normally do... Anything with "hasti" i fall for...and the words that urged here, "khyal unka zaban meri"... you found it heady... it so is!

Is true what you say about skillful writing... its beauty lies in creating magic moments, the ones that just appear out of the blue and for no real "logical" reason. And yet make the most impact on the reader, and on the story. That ASR moment is a killer in that way...and the performance adds chaar-chaand to the ingenuity of the moment...our most preferred "heady", ain't it? Calling it a 'soliloquy' is the perfect way of describing it by the way!

P.S. Didn't have the heart to delete that picture above. Dimag mein chhap gayi kya kare'n...

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

Horizoncinthiann1758shesherkobitaDurgaSKatelynindi52

IssK. Goldie
IssK.
IssK.

Posted: 04 July 2013 at 3:07am | IP Logged

Originally posted by cinthiann1758

Indi just loved it but I am not understanding this para.  Language barrier.  what does it all mean?
"itti saari..." was this just by chance or deliberate? the only other time i have heard asr use the more colloquial way of saying itna or itni was during that terrible and beautiful fight of first august. "itta aasan hai tumhare liye?"usually he'd say "itna" or "itni." maybe this was just barun slipping into easier pronunciation, but worked like a dream... a telltale slip indicating his heightened emotional state, the so rigid and precise world of asr not that much in control?

hi cynthia,
Embarrassed oh that was perhaps just me rambling. see, in any language almost, there's the formal way of saying a thing and the easier, more regularly used way. i notice a lot of my british friends say "sunthing" for "something." similarly the word for "this much"..."itna," may be pronounced as "itta" in a more punjabi/delhi sort of way. it's not the so called "proper" way of saying it.

usually asr's language has a smattering of english along with a very city sort of hindi... pronunciation tends to be formal.

barun is punjabi and brought up in delhi... itta/itti instead of itna/itni may come to him naturally... but funnily it was in two places where he was highly stressed emotionally that i noticed the usage... was wondering if there was a link... a dropping of his formal outer layer as he sort of gets lost in feelings.

i could be wrong and my hindi speaking friends are better judges of this... also maybe there were other places where he slipped to less formal and i didn't notice.

Itti/ Itta very delhi... very 'old delhi' actually, emerging out of the wonderful melting together of Hindu and Muslim cultures... and also very lucknow, agra, saharanpur, meerut, most of UP (uttar pradesh) probably... and also bhopal and hyderabad... In punjabi, the casual for Itna would be Aynna or Inna...but the punjabis of delhi use Itta with as much fervor as the "hindustanis" (as the pure hindi speaking are commonly referred to).

It may be lucknow-speak, but it still wouldn't be like ASR to use Itta cos it's for folks like you and me, who talk with abandon, and much more informally with smatterings of this and that... it could easily be Khushi! And is definitely more BS than ASR methinks!
Very interesting Indi, your point about him using Itta when he is lost in feelings... how amazing is that! And your observing it!!
I myself couldn't come up with a whole list right now but am aware, as i'm very sure you have noticed, that the punjabi in him has also made a few appearances in ASR speak...I was deep in ismailvegamze creations last night (AGAIN!!) and came across a Anjali-Chhotey convo, the one about pyaar...saansey ruk jayengi etc. He is with his sister, most relaxed...all Chhotey lines spoken like a delhi punjabi. I love so what can i say!  

OK hope all that didn't come across like a school teacher onslaught!!

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

cinthiann1758shesherkobitaDurgaSKatelynindi52

indi52 IF-Sizzlerz
indi52
indi52

Posted: 04 July 2013 at 4:02am | IP Logged
^^^ issk, salaam sir,

i loved that note on who says itta... i was born in delhi... a hundred per cent bong who visited her nana nani in dilli every year for extended periods and then i went to school in the rajdhani... class 7 to 11 (higher secondary, my time). grew up with delhi hindi all around me, though my hindi never reached any sophistication in terms of gender understanding or accent... but somehow that was the hindi i got... and it still speaks to me differently. also the young men of the capital city... kinda good looking got to say, at least then then then... how i ran from them to kalkatta, fearing rejection (oh to be young and that spontaneous again)... but then your past won't set ya free... had to see the boy who looks that way and sounds that way too...

so the punj way is aina while in old delhi (civil lines, etc?) and up and places it's itta. but yeah our boy is delhi punj, with that accent... which sort of slips out. i like it... gives texture. and i am long past being embarrassed about the "indian" accent... very proudly i say "veedeo" with a bong ee for video.

in that saansey scene he said "oh gaawwd" in this er uhuh desi way... and at one point "aygenda" for agenda... i fell for him more.

i don't know if the itti and itta were just that way because no one was paying attention... well it worked for me... the control slipping... niiice.

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

IssK.DurgaSHorizoncinthiann1758Katelyn

DurgaS IF-Dazzler
DurgaS
DurgaS

Posted: 04 July 2013 at 7:34am | IP Logged

Indi, IssK,

Loving these discussions about the languages, the accents based on regions. Feel like digging deeper. In an earlier post, Katelyn and Horizon were discussing Turkish and some other Asian languages and how some words seem to be similar. It is really amazing to read all that.

Never realised BS was speaking itti/itta until Indi pointed out. It could be that, that was BS speaking not paying attention to the words in emotional scenes. But, I feel it wouldn't be out of place if ASR mentioned those words. He is living in Delhi for sometime surrounded by people who use such words, so it could be that those words enter his vocabulary unknowingly too. Happens to me too when I suddenly speak some words in the local accent and it does surprise me.

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

IssK.shesherkobitaHorizoncinthiann1758Katelynindi52

cinthiann1758 IF-Dazzler
cinthiann1758
cinthiann1758

Posted: 04 July 2013 at 7:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by DurgaS

Originally posted by Katelyn

Originally posted by ArshiHamesha

@ Blasters ,friends,sisters, Di's 

Sorry ladies kind a busy welcoming my sister who I am going to see after 12 years .Last time I was in India for her marriage and now she has two kids ...they are excited as I am .She is my youngest sister.

Here is my latest update posting before going to Airport...SORRY FOR NOT READING ANYONE AS BUSY COOKING AND DOING THINGS FOR HER. Wish me luck.as I am very bad at Good buys and welcoming ...can't stop myself ...

Revelations&Realizations

Thnx for reading and commenting

Arshi

Arshi, that IS  a real REUNION. 12 years.. too long my friend.. I am sure you both will enjoy and cherish each moment.. and you would be a wonderful host sis! Being the youngest of three sisters, having lost my mother at very young age, we sisters are very closely attached to each other..  I exactly know how it feels!
Drive safe.. holiday traffic could be a killer.. and I can already see you both driving back home in all laughter!! Have a blast my dear!

Wow, 12 years is a long time!  Have a great time spending with your sister and family!  I'm so happy for you, Arshi!!  Take care!

Arshi, that really is too long a time to meet your young sister. You must be really joyful. Wish you lots of happy time with your sister and her family. Hoping your sister brings back atleast the word calm back in your dictionary. Embarrassed 

My dearest sister, please enjoy your blessed time with your sister and her children.  Family is so important.  Just like Samin is having sacred time with her nieces so are you.  enjoy, don't focus to much on the entertaining part it all will fall into place.  cherish the moments and I am here, we are all here when the goodbye comes but keep them close to your heart always.  I will visit when up in NY and give u a hug from everyone!  Enjoy!!!!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Katelyn

wiwy IF-Rockerz
wiwy
wiwy

Posted: 04 July 2013 at 7:56am | IP Logged

Feels like being home after a LONG time.. flying there here and around.. finally reaching the abode! Hope every one is fine. I see all the hot and thobda discussions smeared every where!:) So can tell you guys are having a blast... missed all of you badly.. but NEVER away in my thoughts!
Hope to catch up with all discussions!

Was reading Wiwy few days ago.. and my eyes stopped right here.."when he emerged from the kitchen side, in a charcoal grey three piece suit holding a steaming cup of coffee. A ray of sun popped out of the clouds"... will that sun ever emerge out of the clouds again for us?? what a metaphor Wiwy.. or rather I took it as!!

Seeing few of old IPK pals that I ardently debated and discussed with for months about this show, moving onto other shows, talking about Barun, Sanaya in different avatars.. only reminds ASR's words..."itna asaan hai tumhare liye"?? But for this wonderful place and group with congenial souls post last Nov, I would have felt as homeless as one could! Thanks one and all!

horizon Hug

always good to see you... your intermittent appearances keep me feeling you are still around. i can imagine ad becoming too demanding and refusing to let go. feel thrilled when you say it's like coming home when you get here.

it is in a way, isn't it? i finger cross all the time when i look at the chaos and giggles across these pages. something nice but not nasty here, and many of us mini asrs or mini khushis too... yet we survive...

it's been almost 8 months, i hope it stays this way till episode 398. and a bit more.

and yes, from my favourite first of august fight... itta asaan hai tumhare liye? we live in a time when noting lasts... when to stay with something for a month feels like eternity, when we use huge adjectives for tiny feelings... moving on, latest, new, etc., is the thing. nothing against that... but in this situation i guess when a classic happens, we are not prepared for it... just not. see how desperate the production house got to get out... although i bet they knew there was something to asr khushi which would cross time.

one day maybe i'll wake up and asr khushi will mean nothing to me, i won't come running to turn on the comp the moment i wake, i wouldn't think, "aaargh dinner again but how will i post episode at 10.30" (last evening i was late and i hated it), i won't want to have a chat about asr and achilles, or rush around looking for a thought/quote on primal anger, or carp about how could they do this to khushi...

right now, that day is not even on the horizon, hyuk. phew.

good to see you and your pm had me thinking and thinking...

and really... when will that ray pop out from the clouds? any idea, people?

Horizon Hug

Good to see you again! So you are reading my story, I seeLOL About the ray popping out from the clouds, that was from my first chapter, right? Did I use it as a metaphor. Maybe subconsciously i did! That is why I am writing the story in the first place. I want to internalize him. I want to walk him, talk him, sleep him, love him. In the story he is all mine to do as i please! I think I have become crazier about ASR and IPK after meeting so many crazy people on BFTP! 

Indi,Hug I think like me the ray has popped out from the clouds for you too! That is why even in coma he is giving you the strength to walk into the dark abyss where we fear to tread!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

IssK.HorizonKatelynindi52

supriya.arshi IF-Dazzler
supriya.arshi
supriya.arshi

Posted: 04 July 2013 at 8:01am | IP Logged
Sanaya misses Barun...nd i miss them Day Dreaming

New VM by Zoha

Arnav Singh Chaizada IIVMll { Coffee, Tea & Khushi}

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

samin6Horizoncinthiann1758Katelynwiwyindi52sohara

Go to top