Pavitra Rishta

Usha Nadkarni may quit Pavitra Rishta

Ameera. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Usha Nadkarni quits Pavitra Rishta; replaces Rohini Hattangadi in Colors' Mrs Pammi Pyarelal

Here's serving you some exclusive dope from the world of Indian television.

Okay…ever dynamic and immensely talented Usha Nadkarni has decided to get a move on in life. Not that she was out of action, in terms of small screen work, but Usha, is now looking for opportunities that will further help her to display her acting prowess.

Usha, is currently seen playing the pivotal role of Savita Damodar Deshmukh in Zee TV's long running show Pavitra Rishta (Balaji Telefilms).

However, our credible source has informed us that she has decided to quit the above project. Reason being…let's hear it from the source: "Usha was not comfortable, as an actress, with the way the plot was shaping up. Not only she, but many believe that too much prominence is being given to Ankita's (Lokhande) character."

We have learnt that Usha has already told the production house about her decision and will move out of the soap once it opts for a sequential leap.

So what next for the talented actress? Well, her fans need not worry as she has been roped in by Playtime Creations to be a part of their upcoming venture on Colors' Mrs Pammi Pyarelal.

Yes, she will come in as veteran actress Rohini Hattangadi's replacement.

Tellychakkar.com had earlier reported that Rohini will be essaying the role of the owner of the house where Pammi (Gaurav Gera) would be staying. But she hit upon date issues, thus bringing in Usha into the picture.

Our source has more to add: "Actually, as we all know, before Playtime, Cinevistaas was in charge of the production of Pammi Pyarelal. But they opted out later. Even back then, Usha was the first choice to play the role of the house owner. But then, given her Pavitra Rishta commitment, she could not take up the project. Now she will soon move out of the Zee show and will have time to feature in the Colors project."

We got in touch with Usha and she confirmed being part of Mrs Pammi Pyarelal. However, when we quizzed her on quitting Pavitra Rishta, she decided not to comment anything at all.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
What is with this charade against Ankita that every other character/actor seems to be having? Ankita is the lead of the show for god's sake! And yet she doesn't have a prominent role in the plot. The story is basically revolving around Purvi!

Yes, Ushaji and various other actors have not been given much screentime. But that is not a recent event! It has been so since a long long time, after Savita became positive she hardly had much to do in the show, villains like Punni and Mittal were given more importance. She was clearly being side lined even before. In fact, ever since the new generation has been introduced, much of the old cast  has been sidelined.  So why blame Ankita for it?

I hope Anki had just quit instead of listening to Ekta and coming back. Clearly no one is appreciative of it.
Edited by nikitagmc - 10 years ago
rash2222 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i guess people are just becoming bigger than their boots... i am surprised why didn't usha quit when ankita had already put her papers , i guess she was hardly seen the time archana was in coma... for god sake those who have problem with ankita becoming prominent , they just need to know she is lead of the show... such jealous people are there in PR 😕
ShaktifanSwati thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
ankita is main lead of pr so usko jaada screen space nahi milega toh kisse milega...

well I don think usha nadkarni hv any issue with archana character...agar its confirm ushaji quit dis show bcs of her savita character not shape very well so its ri8...

.well isme cvs ki bhi koi galti nahi hai...character ka itna machhalibazaar bhar diya hai pr main so each n every character ko equali chance aur space dena itana mushkil hoga ki kya kare...waise ek track itana khichate hai...ki puchho mat...

abt onir purvi arjun ovi track lelo...eksaal se jyaada ho gaya hoga...bt abhi tak usime ulhe hue hai...toh kaise dusare character ke saath insaaf karenge...upar se jo hai unh character ko sambhal nahi sakte hai aur gauri naam ka irritated character ghusa diya...😆
nikitagmc thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: punirashakti

character ka itna machhalibazaar bhar diya hai pr main 

🤣

Ekdum correct!!👍🏼
Tanyaz thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

I used to think that Ankita would come back much stronger but I was so wrong ..The show is only and only about Purvi ..Every other character has been pushed back ..Maybe little bit of Soham but that's it ...even Arjun has little to do ...

Ankita does not have any role in any important story track ..she is only used to show her face so why say that she is getting prominence ???

Best of luck to Usha Ji ...
Wish Ankita had never come back .She clearly got tricked by Ekta Kapoor ...
Edited by Tanyaz - 10 years ago
ShaktifanSwati thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: rash2222

i guess people are just becoming bigger than their boots... i am surprised why didn't usha quit when ankita had already put her papers , i guess she was hardly seen the time archana was in coma... for god sake those who have problem with ankita becoming prominent , they just need to know she is lead of the show... such jealous people are there in PR 😕

plz don talk rubbish abt usha nadkarni...ok...she is more talented dan ankita n also senior...den her...I tell u ushaji not tell she hv any problem with archana character or ankita too...its reporter writing always extra for der cheap mentality...n its realy ushaji quit pr so its m 100% sure she not quiting bcs of anki ak archana ok...maybe she got better change in other tv show...as of nw every one knw very well ushaji aka savita character not shwing somuch accordingly current track...so its obious hai agar actor actress jo woh character play kar rahe hai...uska koi scop nahi hai so dey quit n moov on with other better project...
Edited by punirashakti - 10 years ago
rash2222 thumbnail
Originally posted by: punirashakti

plz don talk rubbish abt usha nadkarni...ok...she is more talented dan ankita n also senior...den her...I tell u ushaji not tell she hv any problem with archana character or ankita too...its reporter writing always extra for der cheap mentality...n its realy ushaji quit pr so its m 100% sure she not quiting bcs of anki ak archana ok...maybe she got better change in other tv show...as of nw every one knw very well ushaji aka savita character not shwing somuch accordingly current track...so its obious hai agar actor actress jo woh character play kar rahe hai...uska koi scop nahi hai so dey quit n moov on with other better project...

i am not saying anything against about usha specifically ... i am mentioning about every other people who are jealous of tis fact that ankita is getting more screen space...
rash2222 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Tanyaz

I used to think that Ankita would come back much stronger but I was so wrong ..The show is only and only about Purvi ..Every other character has been pushed back ..Maybe little bit of Soham but that's it ...even Arjun has little to do ...

Ankita does not have any role in any important story track ..she is only used to show her face so why say that she is getting prominence ???

Best of luck to Usha Ji ...
Wish Ankita had never come back .She clearly got tricked by Ekta Kapoor ...

tanya di think that now when show is not that much about archana then people have problem that her character is getting more importance see what will happen when importance will be on her and soham relationship and she improving soham happen
MAYURFAN001 thumbnail
Usha is much more sr actor than ankita!!! USA has contributed tremendously to the success of he show.. If there as Arman then there was also usha so do not demean her in anyways!!!

If usha has decided to leave then I am pretty sure she has made the right decision.. Don't just keep yapping without knowing the truth because USha is far more a respected actor in the industry.. Akita lokhande is a nobody when it comes to Usha