India-Forums

No one from A.P, Mumbai & Punjab

kameshreddy Goldie
kameshreddy
kameshreddy

Posted: 23 June 2013 at 10:50pm | IP Logged
Big States but No one from A.P, Mumbai & Punjab

So do u think VOTES will be less this time?

But I m sure Kolkata and Assam will get more 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RupanjalloveMKsanjana_D3

rahilsfan Senior Member
rahilsfan
rahilsfan

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 12:42pm | IP Logged
come on ppl vote for the one who they feel is deserving  and not for their region or religion..

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

sidnividfanjaysvimalami_31ahaanfansweetshrutiA HUGE FAN-Inferno-happy_cupcakepallavi25

sanjana_D3 IF-Dazzler
sanjana_D3
sanjana_D3

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 9:41pm | IP Logged
I think they will vote based on their singing , not the state which they are from.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

jaysvimalami_31ahaanfanA HUGE FAN.Shree.happy_cupcakepallavi25

moonkmh IF-Stunnerz
moonkmh
moonkmh

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 6:23am | IP Logged
assam n kolkata got 2 each but it doesnt matter really
ahaanfan Goldie
ahaanfan
ahaanfan

Posted: 07 July 2013 at 10:09pm | IP Logged

It doesn't really matter if the kid is from north or south.They should be judged on their singing talent and not on the fact that they are from which state. Big smile

I hope the results does not depend on this.It would be unfair.Cry

Edited by ahaanfan - 07 July 2013 at 10:09pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

jaysvimal

obelix1 Groupbie
obelix1
obelix1

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 5:51am | IP Logged
This thread just saddened me. I know the OP was just being realistic because in the past most of these reality shows have clearly shown that the audience voting is based on regionalism :( Contestants openly appeal to people of their states to vote for them. The shows promote/encourage this behavior too. In most cases, the deserving candidates don't win but whoever can garner the most 'region' based votes wins. At least this has been the story on many of this singing reality shows of the past.

In one of the recent episodes of Indian Idol junior, they had a whole conversation going on between one contestant and Govinda in Marathi. It may have been an innocent one, but the hosts also calling her a 'Marathi girl' etc made the cynic in me wonder if this is to appeal to that particular voter base.  I don't think this Indian mindset of going by caste , region, language will change in another 100 years. You would think the youngsters are immune to it, but seems like everyone wants to cash on it if it works for them, even the contestants of reality shows.

This being a kids show, I really really hope they leave all regionalism out of this and go purely by merit. I would have preferred if they don't even publicize where the particular contestant comes from. But the organizers themselves do it on purpose so as to get more region based audience voting, I guess.

Edited by obelix1 - 15 July 2013 at 5:54am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

luvdesitellyjaysvimalami_31kameshreddyahaanfan

luvdesitelly Groupbie
luvdesitelly
luvdesitelly

Posted: 15 July 2013 at 7:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by obelix1

This thread just saddened me. I know the OP was just being realistic because in the past most of these reality shows have clearly shown that the audience voting is based on regionalism :( Contestants openly appeal to people of their states to vote for them. The shows promote/encourage this behavior too. In most cases, the deserving candidates don't win but whoever can garner the most 'region' based votes wins. At least this has been the story on many of this singing reality shows of the past.

In one of the recent episodes of Indian Idol junior, they had a whole conversation going on between one contestant and Govinda in Marathi. It may have been an innocent one, but the hosts also calling her a 'Marathi girl' etc made the cynic in me wonder if this is to appeal to that particular voter base.  I don't think this Indian mindset of going by caste , region, language will change in another 100 years. You would think the youngsters are immune to it, but seems like everyone wants to cash on it if it works for them, even the contestants of reality shows.

This being a kids show, I really really hope they leave all regionalism out of this and go purely by merit. I would have preferred if they don't even publicize where the particular contestant comes from. But the organizers themselves do it on purpose so as to get more region based audience voting, I guess.

Well said! It's hard to change their mindset.  All reality shows face this issue.  Voting should be based on pure talent not based on region, caste or language.  Sometimes I feel diversity is india's own enemy.  Too much conflict of interest.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ahaanfan

• Page 1 of 1

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index