I am a loner and I don't have friends: Rajat Tokas

Posted: 10 years ago
After doing shows like Dharti Ka Veer Yodha Prithviraj Chauhan, Dharam Veer and Tere Liye, actor Rajat Tokas will be seen playing the role of emperor Akbar in an upcoming TV show, Jodha Akbar. 

The actor, who returns to TV after almost two-and-a-half years, is thrilled to play the role of 
an emperor. He says, "The portrayal of Akbar here will be different from the others seen on celluloid in the past. The Akbar I'm playing is about 21-22 years old, has immense power, success and the ability to get what he wants. I am trying to live this character as much as possible."

Post Tere Liye, Rajat tried his luck in films, but they didn't work out. In fact, that period was a tough one for the actor. "I got depressed as I was sitting at home with no work. My mom is very close to me and seeing her worried got me even more depressed," says Rajat, who utilised that time to complete his studies. The actor adds that he didn't have a support system then as he doesn't have friends.

"I am a loner and I don't have friends. I've never had any since childhood," says Rajat, adding, "I don't know how to make friends. I am not the sort of person who will walk up to anyone to seek friendship." In fact, the actor says that he is not very friendly with his co-stars of the new show as well. "When I'm playing this role, I am in the character and not myself. I have been given this responsibility by Ekta Kapoor and the channel, so I can't let them down. If I lose my focus even for a minute, I might lose out on any opportunity that comes my way," says Rajat.
See we love rajat but u know from dharam-veer days he wasn't very friendly as he himself said in one of the India forum IV that he & dharam( i don't know his real name) r neither friends nor enemy. Acc. to me as professional rajat is very talented & hard working but when it comes about personal life, it isn't quite well. When he get injured during Tere liye serial no one came to meet him.
It is possible that his co stars consider him as arrogant or a show off. No one went to meet him when he was injured during his earlier shows like DV. Getting fame at a younger age can be difficult to manage at times. 😳
There is a difference between being  a loner and being arrogant 😳 

A loner finds peace in being by himself whereas an arrogant person doesn't think any other person can be upto his standards to spend time with him.

I am a loner myself n i get very annoyed when people mistake it for arrogance 😵

And when he was injured during DV,his co actors were busy with the shooting.as his scenes cudnt be shown that often,they had to fill up the epis with others :)

and how do u know no one visited him btw? :p If sbs got to know bout it,obviously some from the Sagars set must hav gone to see him,n thats how they got to know na? 😳

Well said Disha 😊
Loner does not mean arrogance. He seems like a shy, reserved guy, who focuses on his work. And he is a cancerian, trust me, Cancerians are the very shy and emotional people. And they can never make friends easily, and prefer to be alone. My boyfriend is a Cancerian, and he is exactly like Rajat, and one of the greatest guys ever. I am sure Rajat is pretty awesome too. 
me too, so i guess rajjy and i should hang out.😉
^ Well said, Disha 👏

@TM Thanks for the article .. 😊
Originally posted by Stargirl06

Loner does not mean arrogance. He seems like a shy, reserved guy, who focuses on his work. And he is a cancerian, trust me, Cancerians are the very shy and emotional people. And they can never make friends easily, and prefer to be alone. My boyfriend is a Cancerian, and he is exactly like Rajat, and one of the greatest guys ever. I am sure Rajat is pretty awesome too. 

Exactly! I dont understand since when did "apne kaam se kaam rakhna" = arrogance 😕 

On a side note,ur boyfrnd is like Rajat?u lucky lucky girl! 😳
Exactly! I dont understand since when did "apne kaam se kaam rakhna" = arrogance 😕 

On a side note,ur boyfrnd is like Rajat?u lucky lucky girl! 😳

I wish, man. He looks nothing like him. 😉 Why can't Rajat be my boyfriend? I will be his best friend, he will never need friends anymore. 😛 Ah, wishful thinking.