Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed

India-Forums

What is wrong with the makers of this show? (Page 4)

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 1:40pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by harianjana

chill friend... muhdikhayi will also be done when some famous person comes to our house to stay as a guest 

Hari no offense and i think viewers do not need to sanction their nonsense . Muhdhikhai is a ritual which is done when a new bride comes . perhaps this PH is trying to bring some progressive changes in the society . really very innovative ideas and dialogues . Till now have not seen any show of this PH , but had some glimpses of SP show where also going on this kind of nonsense . Whether one is celebrity or not , nobody comes in doli , there are cars .

Angie12 IF-Rockerz
Angie12
Angie12

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 3:10pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by enigma1

@ Angie: Yes, the biggest problem seems to be with the execution of the script and the way these characters are shown. It is hard to sympathize with the characters.

I also feel that people generally forget the distinction between the actors and the characters they are playing. If anything, both Raj and Divya are highly flawed and so is Sarita. As much as I like Karan and Rubina as actors, I'm sorry but objectively speaking, it is hard to connect with the characters they are playing. The same is true for Srishty's character. 

Engima, that is very true.  Also creatives also forget that distinction.  That's why they think that popular actors will be able to sell their product.  If that was the case, then movies/shows of all popular actors would always work.  That is not the case.  Viewers tune in to see actors for a while, but tune out if product is not good.  In CB1,  Rubina was a total unknown entitly at that time and Avinash too was almost new.  Yet the show was a huge hit because the characterization (of all characters) was brilliant and consistent in the first year and execution was really good.

It is hard to connect to these 3 characters in PV2 because there is no explanation given to them.  We are supposed to accept that these 3 characters mostly Raj and Sarita stayed stuck in a 10 year time period without any explanation.  In the beginning, many thought that once all these 3 characters start interacting, we will see a logic behind their madness.  But none is shown so far and it looks like that nothing would be shown going forward.  

So there are episodes where I can partially connect to three characters - Divya, Sarita and Raj in that order.  But for the most part, it is hard to connect to these.  On top of that, side characters (despite having some good actors) are not connected to these 3 characters, so even joint scenes seem stand alone scenes so many times.  So far I find it hard to root for either Divya-Raj or Divya-Sarita because I don't think Raj deserves either one at this point.  

I was expecting a lot from the confrontation scene between Raj and Divya as to how it would reveal their motives in what they did.  But the story turned out to be pretty lame.

Although I do sympathize with Sarita, it is a bit of a stretch to think that a woman would tolerate this utter crap at the hands of her in-laws and her husband for 10 long years. Remember that Sarita has put up with crap at the hands of her in-laws (VERBAL) and her husband (SILENT and more PAINFUL) too.

Sarika as a character really intrigued me in the beginning.  But now I can hardly connect to her character and that's because the way she is being portrayed.  Even today they showed her hurting herself once she realized that Raj will care for her if she gets hurt.  Is that a normal behavior?  It shows that she needs counselling.  On top of that, I can hardly understand how she is in love with Raj after what she has tolerated.  If she is from a rich family, where is that family especially as Raj's father was shown to be scared of them.  Did they have no idea for 10 years what she has gone through.  But everyone else seems to know.  Why did she not walk out once?  It was shown that going back to her parents was an option, but she did not take it for 10 years in the hope that Raj will start loving her.    

One thing I thought I'll mention. Why is it that Sarita has to sleep on the floor for 10 long years? Why couldn't Raj do it? Ridiculous, Isn't it? I know several PV2ians will give the argument that perhaps Sarita was the one who volunteered to do it. Come on. Couldn't Raj at least say "We can live like husband and wife. But, you don't need to sleep on the floor". 
Assuming that he is reserving the bed for Divya, couldn't he have ordered a separate bed for her.  Afterall, it is no secret in the family that they have no relationship.  But then everything has to be shown as extreme.  So Sarita will get the bed now that Divya the trigger is here.  Before Raj was the sleeping prince (or Rip Van Winkle) who was oblivious to everything for 10 years. How else viewers will get the theme that the girl-friend is the one who would make everything ok for the wife?  

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Neerjaa

Neerjaa IF-Sizzlerz
Neerjaa
Neerjaa

Posted: 24 June 2013 at 11:37pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Soniaman

Which serial is realistic in whole telly world...do nt know how they many times they marry????how many childrens????dead persons come alive...which even not exist in reality life...
Serial dakho dimag side par rakh ke...LOL

I agree with your above line , it was told me sometime back when i used to get irritated with crap , that one should not use mind when watching Hindi shows as makers think , viewers are dumb.  Whatever nonsense they will show , viewers will go for .

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Punar Vivaah Ek Nayi Umeed Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index