Pakistani Serials
Pakistani Serials

Hooked N Addicted (Page 8)

DalenaGilvatore IF-Dazzler
DalenaGilvatore
DalenaGilvatore

Posted: 04 July 2013 at 1:29pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by TwilightHorizon

well nobody mention manjali here so my recommendation to all the indian viewers is 
"Mannjali"
i really loved that play superb dialogues written and very good acting by both the leads mehwish hayat and meekal
and if u like comedy and light mood plays then go for
akbari asghari
ayegi baraat series the most popular series in pakistan
azar ki ayegi barat
dolly ki ayegi baraat 
takay ki ayegi baraat
annie ki ayegi baraat
other than that if u want to know abt different cities of pakistan then do watch satrangi this play is just like a tour guide
its a little long but good and plus fawad is in this play
and if u want to watch some college stuff then watch 
kollege jeans LOL its a sitcom but beleive me when i watched it actually showed how the college life in pakistan is i mean ragging and all the stuff

Hah College jeans...HeartDay Dreaming such a fab show

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Popo.-Marie-

borreg IF-Dazzler
borreg
borreg

Posted: 05 July 2013 at 12:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by stardust2011

Originally posted by starstruckk

Originally posted by MSluvsSI

Originally posted by xpakigirlx

I have a question here..pls dnt take me otherwise, i am trying to understand the culture in Pakistan...

1. Do people still get married to their cousins nowadays? ( couple f my north indian frnds could nt digest this fact and quit the dramas after1-2episodes. In southern india, there used to be a time when similar, not exactly same, trends existed.)

2. Do guys take more than one wife in this generation too? Gosh i would kill my husband if he evens thinks abt doing that...Tongue
 yes we still have  that cousin marraige  in pakistan...umm marriage..well its not considered good so it happens usually after first one ends..Smile

Thanks for the info.Smile

In one of je ZGH episode fawad scolds mehreen for wearing jeans n sleeveless top, also his father scolds his sister for wearing fashionable clothes.. Also none of the leads in drama ever wore sleevelesss...so i was under the impression that girls r nt allowed to wear sleevelss in pakistan...that was un.till i saw some morning shows.LOL

It depends how anyone wish to dress up :) in islam it is to wear something which cover urself properly thats what u can be revealed even in salwar suit so whatever u dress up a girl in our culture tries to cover up hereself fuly but now as people take modernism as other name for Revelation thats what is now being followed blindly but in end all depends on their own thinking how they wish to carry on themselves..   normally in our middle class  a guy or family head doesn't allow or like thats what u can conclude from zgh scenes 

just to add to MSluvsSI

Sleeveless tops are worn in Pakistan today, but more so in the upper class folks or possibly upper middle class. A middle class girl like Kashaf would not be seen wearing sleeveless. The whole trend of wearing sleeveless started a few years back in Pakistan, otherwise the usual dressing in Pakistan did not consist of sleeveless for women..and that at the end of the day has a lot to do with religion and Pakistan as a country was founded on the basis of Islam. Even the traditional shalwar  kameez, is not sleeveless..though today, you'll see sleeveless shalwar kameezes/kurtas etc as Pakistan is always booming with their fashion sense ..but as I said, you're more likely to see a upper class, rich Pakistani girl living in the suburbs wearing sleeveless as opposed to a middle/lower class one in Pakistan. 

About Zaroon scolding Asmara..Zaroon's character was shown as a conservative kind when it came to women (hypocritical - yes LOL)..so that had more to do with that than anything else. ZGH actually shows what we're talking about..compare Asmara/Sara to Kashaf's dressing sense..and you'll see how there's a difference in culture. 

It after ZGH that i started noticing. I really like the salwar suits sila wears in dil e muzter. Most of them are long sleeved long flowy kurti and they look so prettyEmbarrassed

I am so impressed with Pakistan serials and actress's dressing sense that I just love their long kurtis with chuddidar...that during my recent trip to Dubai..i have picked up 3 pakistan kurtis and wore 1 for my bday in office...all were very impressed...

but lately i have seen few award functions held in Pakistan ..recently..why are all these actresses aping western country (more like oswar awards) and all dressed in western outfits showing clevage etc...OuchOuch

Edited by borreg - 05 July 2013 at 12:49am
stardust2011 Senior Member
stardust2011
stardust2011

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 1:55pm | IP Logged
I am on Roll...LOL

Completed another set of dramas... List on page:1 is grrrooowwwiiinnnggg...

I watch paki serial during my 'faarik' time. My 'shohar' keeps complaining that i am full time 'masroof' on my ipad. I 'zabardasti' made him watch few episodes of Humsafar... He liked the OST. From the 'waqt' he found that the original song was written abt bangladesh pakistan partition, he is all 'tareef' for the writer/poet.LOL

Edited by stardust2011 - 08 August 2013 at 1:55pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

Amrita_12starstruckkmary78613

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 4:25pm | IP Logged

I am on Roll...LOL

Completed another set of dramas... List on page:1 is grrrooowwwiiinnnggg...

I watch paki serial during my 'faarik' time. My 'shohar' keeps complaining that i am full time 'masroof' on my ipad. I 'zabardasti' made him watch few episodes of Humsafar... He liked the OST. From the 'waqt' he found that the original song was written abt bangladesh pakistan partition, he is all 'tareef' for the writer/poet.LOL

LOL

Try Pani Jaisa Pyar Hai, Main Abdul Qadir Hoon, and Malal. 
starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 08 August 2013 at 4:27pm | IP Logged
Have you watched Akbari Asghari? That too has Fawad in it...as well as Sanam Baloch & Imran Abbas...it's comedy though. 
stardust2011 Senior Member
stardust2011
stardust2011

Posted: 09 August 2013 at 10:08pm | IP Logged

Have you watched Akbari Asghari? That too has Fawad in it...as well as Sanam Baloch & Imran Abbas...it's comedy though. 

I started Akbari Asghari but didnt like it much..Cry
I was turned off by Fawad's Dehaati look..haha
He played the role really well and that's all the more reason to hate the dehaatipan.Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

starstruckk

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 11 August 2013 at 11:38pm | IP Logged

I started Akbari Asghari but didnt like it much..Cry
I was turned off by Fawad's Dehaati look..haha
He played the role really well and that's all the more reason to hate the dehaatipan.Tongue

yeah, Fawad was pretty good. I thought he was the strongest performer in that show when compared to Imran, Sanam, & Humaima. I kind of liked the side characters more..LOL some of them had brilliant comic timing. LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

borreg

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pakistani Serials Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index