Pakistani Serials

Hooked N Addicted (Page 6)

DalenaGilvatore IF-Dazzler
DalenaGilvatore
DalenaGilvatore

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 9:18am | IP Logged
Originally posted by AshTara

Originally posted by xpakigirlx

shehr e zaat..mahira khans ..u have to watch itt..!

thanks Smile will check it out!

U are fan of Imran abbas right... then do watch Anjuman... he was looking brilliant in that telefilm...

AshTara Goldie
AshTara
AshTara

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Falak_Bubblezzz

U are fan of Imran abbas right... then do watch Anjuman... he was looking brilliant in that telefilm...

sure Big smile thank u!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DalenaGilvatore

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 9:45am | IP Logged

Originally posted by starstruckk

Originally posted by stardust2011

glad to know that you liked our culture and dramas...LOL

When i saw first episode of Humsafar nd khirad's first scene, i thot she was hero's sister.. I found her very weird looking. I actually considered to stop watching HS because of Mahira, bt i held on for fawad.Smile

Once khirad beomes his wife, she became bearable for me..after the change in her fashion sense.
I really loved Naveen and her costumes. 

She reminds me of Gauhar Khan. Anybody else who feels the same??

In terms of looks or acting does she remind you of Gauhar? Personally never saw the resemblance to Gauhar. And, Naveen was one of my favorites in Humsafar! I loved her as Sara and I'm glad they extended her part for the show as I heard her part in the novel was short.

I did not think Mahira was as good as some people made her out to be in the show..she was good in some places and not so good in others in my opinion. I found Fawad and Naveen the stars of the show moreover and I too stuck with the show because of Fawad as I loved him in Dastaan. 

I didnt like khirad much either. my fav in humsafar was definitely sara!! Big smile  i loved her dressing style and her accent and her attitude. i wish she hadnt let herself be fooled by asher's mother. love can really make you blind, it seems. i hated it when she died! Cry

I agree...I loved Sara...I wish she didn't die too, but she seemed like a hopeless case at that point so her committing suicide though was awful to see, was sort of expected I feel. 

Naveen, the girl who played Sara is really pretty in my opinion..and I love the way she talks too..she's a VJ/RJ so I guess that helps. lol..I wish she did more work..but sadly she got married and don't see her coming back anytime soon. 

DalenaGilvatore

DalenaGilvatore IF-Dazzler
DalenaGilvatore
DalenaGilvatore

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 9:52am | IP Logged

sure Big smile thank u!

and if u like fawad khan then u can watch behadd and arman...Heart
starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by MSluvsSI

I have a question here..pls dnt take me otherwise, i am trying to understand the culture in Pakistan...

1. Do people still get married to their cousins nowadays? ( couple f my north indian frnds could nt digest this fact and quit the dramas after1-2episodes. In southern india, there used to be a time when similar, not exactly same, trends existed.)

2. Do guys take more than one wife in this generation too? Gosh i would kill my husband if he evens thinks abt doing that...Tongue
 yes we still have  that cousin marraige  in pakistan...umm marriage..well its not considered good so it happens usually after first one ends..Smile

Thanks for the info.Smile

In one of je ZGH episode fawad scolds mehreen for wearing jeans n sleeveless top, also his father scolds his sister for wearing fashionable clothes.. Also none of the leads in drama ever wore sleevelesss...so i was under the impression that girls r nt allowed to wear sleevelss in pakistan...that was un.till i saw some morning shows.LOL

It depends how anyone wish to dress up :) in islam it is to wear something which cover urself properly thats what u can be revealed even in salwar suit so whatever u dress up a girl in our culture tries to cover up hereself fuly but now as people take modernism as other name for Revelation thats what is now being followed blindly but in end all depends on their own thinking how they wish to carry on themselves..   normally in our middle class  a guy or family head doesn't allow or like thats what u can conclude from zgh scenes 

just to add to MSluvsSI

Sleeveless tops are worn in Pakistan today, but more so in the upper class folks or possibly upper middle class. A middle class girl like Kashaf would not be seen wearing sleeveless. The whole trend of wearing sleeveless started a few years back in Pakistan, otherwise the usual dressing in Pakistan did not consist of sleeveless for women..and that at the end of the day has a lot to do with religion and Pakistan as a country was founded on the basis of Islam. Even the traditional shalwar  kameez, is not sleeveless..though today, you'll see sleeveless shalwar kameezes/kurtas etc as Pakistan is always booming with their fashion sense ..but as I said, you're more likely to see a upper class, rich Pakistani girl living in the suburbs wearing sleeveless as opposed to a middle/lower class one in Pakistan. 

About Zaroon scolding Asmara..Zaroon's character was shown as a conservative kind when it came to women (hypocritical - yes LOL)..so that had more to do with that than anything else. ZGH actually shows what we're talking about..compare Asmara/Sara to Kashaf's dressing sense..and you'll see how there's a difference in culture. 

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

DalenaGilvatore-Marie-

stardust2011 Senior Member
stardust2011
stardust2011

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 1:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by starstruckk

Originally posted by MSluvsSI

I have a question here..pls dnt take me otherwise, i am trying to understand the culture in Pakistan...

1. Do people still get married to their cousins nowadays? ( couple f my north indian frnds could nt digest this fact and quit the dramas after1-2episodes. In southern india, there used to be a time when similar, not exactly same, trends existed.)

2. Do guys take more than one wife in this generation too? Gosh i would kill my husband if he evens thinks abt doing that...Tongue
 yes we still have  that cousin marraige  in pakistan...umm marriage..well its not considered good so it happens usually after first one ends..Smile

Thanks for the info.Smile

In one of je ZGH episode fawad scolds mehreen for wearing jeans n sleeveless top, also his father scolds his sister for wearing fashionable clothes.. Also none of the leads in drama ever wore sleevelesss...so i was under the impression that girls r nt allowed to wear sleevelss in pakistan...that was un.till i saw some morning shows.LOL

It depends how anyone wish to dress up :) in islam it is to wear something which cover urself properly thats what u can be revealed even in salwar suit so whatever u dress up a girl in our culture tries to cover up hereself fuly but now as people take modernism as other name for Revelation thats what is now being followed blindly but in end all depends on their own thinking how they wish to carry on themselves..   normally in our middle class  a guy or family head doesn't allow or like thats what u can conclude from zgh scenes 

just to add to MSluvsSI

Sleeveless tops are worn in Pakistan today, but more so in the upper class folks or possibly upper middle class. A middle class girl like Kashaf would not be seen wearing sleeveless. The whole trend of wearing sleeveless started a few years back in Pakistan, otherwise the usual dressing in Pakistan did not consist of sleeveless for women..and that at the end of the day has a lot to do with religion and Pakistan as a country was founded on the basis of Islam. Even the traditional shalwar  kameez, is not sleeveless..though today, you'll see sleeveless shalwar kameezes/kurtas etc as Pakistan is always booming with their fashion sense ..but as I said, you're more likely to see a upper class, rich Pakistani girl living in the suburbs wearing sleeveless as opposed to a middle/lower class one in Pakistan. 

About Zaroon scolding Asmara..Zaroon's character was shown as a conservative kind when it came to women (hypocritical - yes LOL)..so that had more to do with that than anything else. ZGH actually shows what we're talking about..compare Asmara/Sara to Kashaf's dressing sense..and you'll see how there's a difference in culture. 

It after ZGH that i started noticing. I really like the salwar suits sila wears in dil e muzter. Most of them are long sleeved long flowy kurti and they look so prettyEmbarrassed

-Marie-

stardust2011 Senior Member
stardust2011
stardust2011

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 1:14pm | IP Logged

I dint like Anjuman at all.. Neither the plot nor the lead actress.Confused

How can imran forget his childhood love n fall for Anjuman in such short duration??? I understand his guilt of ruining her career but not his oh-so-suddenly-realized-true-love...Angry

The original plot of the story seems much more practical and believeable.

This one is bad.. You marry a tawaif whom your brother, who lives with you, crazily loved once upon a time and then u have a loving bhabhi who will never forget the fact that her husband cheated on her for Anjuman.
Huh!
-Marie- IF-Sizzlerz
-Marie-
-Marie-

Posted: 03 July 2013 at 1:34pm | IP Logged
Agreed to starstruck thanks for adding up :)

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pakistani Serials Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index