India-Forums

Pakistani Serials
Pakistani Serials

Hooked N Addicted (Page 3)

stardust2011 Senior Member
stardust2011
stardust2011

Posted: 27 June 2013 at 5:53pm | IP Logged

I skipped through second half of Ashk.. It was really bad, reminded me of typical bollywood flicks where Gaon ki gori is always the good one and ends up with the guy. The girl who plays his modern friend, does she always play second lead to hero? She ws in dastaan, ZGH, ashk, meri zaat...LOL

I finished meri zaat zarra-e-benishaan. It a great drama, story telling was nice. 
Is n't humsafar's plot also similar to this? Just that the judai duration was only 4-5yrs in humsafar.Big smile

Mera naseeb was good too, liked sanam saeed in that. She is a super performer. But the lady who has impressed me the most is Sameena Peerzada, she is stupendo-fantabulously-fantastical in all her roles.
[/QUOTE]
Wow, you're on a roll! Lol yeah Mehreen Raheel is always the second lead especially in Fawad's shows lol

Oh and a lot of people said how Humsafar and MZZB had a similar storyline with minute differences. MZZB released first though.

Do watch Pani Jaisa Pyar next if you can lol..it's short too. 

[/QUOTE]

I started kuch pyar ka pagalpan, but i dnt like the girl who plays his firangi cousin at all. Youtube episode are not good quality either.

Did i tell you while watching MZZB, in all imram scenes, i was thinking of how Fawad would have done this part...LOL

Can someone tell me what does "numm" mean?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adeeti10-Marie-

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 5:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by stardust2011

I skipped through second half of Ashk.. It was really bad, reminded me of typical bollywood flicks where Gaon ki gori is always the good one and ends up with the guy. The girl who plays his modern friend, does she always play second lead to hero? She ws in dastaan, ZGH, ashk, meri zaat...LOL

I finished meri zaat zarra-e-benishaan. It a great drama, story telling was nice. 
Is n't humsafar's plot also similar to this? Just that the judai duration was only 4-5yrs in humsafar.Big smile

Mera naseeb was good too, liked sanam saeed in that. She is a super performer. But the lady who has impressed me the most is Sameena Peerzada, she is stupendo-fantabulously-fantastical in all her roles.
Wow, you're on a roll! Lol yeah Mehreen Raheel is always the second lead especially in Fawad's shows lol

Oh and a lot of people said how Humsafar and MZZB had a similar storyline with minute differences. MZZB released first though.

[/QUOTE]

I started kuch pyar ka pagalpan, but i dnt like the girl who plays his firangi cousin at all. Youtube episode are not good quality either.

Did i tell you while watching MZZB, in all imram scenes, i was thinking of how Fawad would have done this part...LOL

[/QUOTE]

yeah, you're talking about Ayesha Khan..I found her very annoying as Daneez. I mostly liked the first half of the show with Kiran and Mujtaba..I also liked Shamreiz. Did you finish it?

oh yeah, I actually don't even remember much of Imran's scenes from MZZB to be honest..LOL ..but I'm sure Fawad could've pulled off that role with ease. 

Edited: numm means damp/moist/somewhat wet...I made sure with my dad loll..I was wrong initially so wanted to correct myself. It makes sense if you think about it..a lot of times we hear 'aankhein hain numm' 

Edited by starstruckk - 30 June 2013 at 1:33pm

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

adeeti10-Marie-

mary78613 IF-Sizzlerz
mary78613
mary78613

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 10:55pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by starstruckk

Originally posted by adeeti10

Fawad's a phenomena now...he's brilliant. 

Have you tried Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan and Akbari Asghari? those also have Fawad in it. Personally. Fawad's character in Kuch Pyar Ka Pagalpan is one of my favorites. He was so good as Mujtaba to say the least. In Akbari Asghari, there's Fawad & Imran btw. 

Also, since you mentioned you started watching Imran Abbas initially..you should check out Malal..he was amazing in that show. 

Apart from that, there are many other shows that are awesome yet don't have Fawad..and when time permits, you should give those a try too. 

Could you recommend some? 

Will definitely check the ones you've mentioned. 

these are without Fawad but I'd really recommend them.

Pani Jaisa Pyar
Daam 
Malal
Mera Naseeb
Main Abdul Qadir Hoon
Meri Zaat Zarre Benishaan
Vasl
Doraha
Durre Shahwar

You need alot of courage to watch Meri Zaat Zarra e Benishaan. That show always makes me cry soo much! This show was more intense than Humsafar.. 

Haha! Omg yes! Her name is Mehreen Rahael and she is always playing the second lead mostly with Fawad! LOL
Samina Peerzada is a total gem! I love her! She can do both positive and negative roles perfectly.

Edited by mary78613 - 28 June 2013 at 10:57pm

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-Marie-

mary78613 IF-Sizzlerz
mary78613
mary78613

Posted: 28 June 2013 at 11:01pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by mary78613

Aww good to know that you liked the serials. 
Ashk is not that good btw! 

Whats your name? 

You can wach other shows like:
Daam
Meri Zaat Zara e Benishaan
Kankar(it just started) 

Anything for Fawad! I dnt like the female leads in Ashk though.

Funny thing is tht i started off loving Imran abbas, so i saw his dramas first. Till then i had nt seen any of fawad's show, n i dint understand everyone's craziness over him. But then i saw humsafarEmbarrassed

Fawad acts way better than most of the telly n bolly actors. His intensity reminds me of Aamir Khan.Star
I also love his accented English :)
Imran Abbas is good but not as good as Fawad in terms of acting, but i really liked one of his tele films which was aired recently. Its called Anjuman, give it a try its pretty good.. 

Wow! Thats a huge compliment for him to be compared to Aamir Khan. He sure is talented Big smile

-Marie-

starstruckk IF-Sizzlerz
starstruckk
starstruckk

Posted: 30 June 2013 at 1:34pm | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

yeah, you're talking about Ayesha Khan..I found her very annoying as Daneez. I mostly liked the first half of the show with Kiran and Mujtaba..I also liked Shamreiz. Did you finish it?

oh yeah, I actually don't even remember much of Imran's scenes from MZZB to be honest..LOL ..but I'm sure Fawad could've pulled off that role with ease. 

Edited: numm means damp/moist/somewhat wet...I made sure with my dad loll..I was wrong initially so wanted to correct myself. It makes sense if you think about it..a lot of times we hear 'aankhein hain numm' 
[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to correct myself about numm's definition in urdu
stardust2011
stardust2011

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:49am | IP Logged

[/QUOTE]

Just wanted to correct myself about numm's definition in urdu
[/QUOTE]

Aaah..okk
All the while i was thinking of it as Numm as in "tum"... So its actually numm as in "some"
LOL
stardust2011
stardust2011

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 9:56am | IP Logged
I have a question here..pls dnt take me otherwise, i am trying to understand the culture in Pakistan...

1. Do people still get married to their cousins nowadays? ( couple f my north indian frnds could nt digest this fact and quit the dramas after1-2episodes. In southern india, there used to be a time when similar, not exactly same, trends existed.)

2. Do guys take more than one wife in this generation too? Gosh i would kill my husband if he evens thinks abt doing that...Tongue
sarah88 Goldie
sarah88
sarah88

Posted: 01 July 2013 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Hey me from India too...I DUNNO KNW THAT PAK SERIALS R SO ADDICTIVE..ONCE I WAS BROWSING A SONG ON YT n I just saw humsafar...from d 1st epi I got so addicted that I completed watching humsafar in a day.Awww I love Fawad n Mahira...I watch d repeats...just love humsafar...wat a show

stardust2011

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Pakistani Serials Topic Index

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index